Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
1964 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
some kind of wrap for the bottom

My husband and I just bought a 1964 Tradewind, and we're going to use it for family camping but also for a trade show booth in Las Vegas. We want our booth to look like a cool bike race camp (we sell bicycle products). What I want to know is, is there anything anyone has ever used to "wrap" around the bottom of the trailer, so that we can use that area for hidden storage during the show?
I'd appreciate anyone's advice on this matter.

annegregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1973 31' Excella 500
Spring Green , Wisconsin
Hi Anne,
As I was browsing the belly pan threads I ran across your post and was surprised that there were no suggestions.

Having done lots of antique shows over the years, I always had things stuffed under the tables (mostly new found treasures..). So, I know what you are trying to accomplish.

You could try a mobile home supply or dealership as they should sell skirting for trailers, either plastic or metal. You would have to construct a wooden framework, but it would probably look very nice. Or, you could build a wood skirt from T111 siding, a textured plywood with grooves to simulate individual vertical boards.

As a final suggestion, get some of the velcro pads with adhesive backing and some table drapes. Velcro the drapes around the bottom of the trailer.

Good luck with your Airstream and your show. My oldest son is an avid cyclist and advocate in Ft. Collins. He often camps in the four corners area.

Lew TAC #WI-6
Nobody can help everybody, but everybody can help somebody.
driftless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Hi Anne; The most cost effective wrap you can make yourself if you have a sewing machine. Buy the color and design fabric of your choice. Cut it into strips two inches wider than the distance from ground to top of your trim above banana wrap. Sew in a 3/4" pocket on one edge of the material. You will need to cut it later into corresponding lengths skipping the entry step area, rear bumper and the A frame in the front. Insert a required one piece shock cord in a sewn in pocket and stretch it tight around the trailer above belly pan trim. Thanks "Boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
a while back we found a seven eleven vinyl sign stretched onto an aluminum frame and we used it as a wrap around to block the wind as you can see in the picture. It was perfect for the job. We did not keep it a permenant because of not knowing where to store it for traveling. Let me see if I can find a picture...maybe you could get some ideas from seeing it. So you might look into designing an aluminum square tubing structure that will work for your ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2900.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	113662  
AIR-Quarius is offline   Reply With Quote