Dug up some of the info I had in my repair manual. The listings on the page donít seem to match up with whatís on the trailer.
I didnít mic it, but the sheet I took off was thicker than the hardware store .028 generic sheet I replaced it with. The only piece I found that acted like AlClad was the piece on the upper part of the battery compartment door.
As the early í70s were transition years. One could suppose a lot of new materials were tried inside and out and specs changed during production runs until things sorted themselves out.
Long story short, I removed the lower trim extrusions, drilled out the rivets, cut the wrap off a Ĺ inch below the body side sheet and removed everything from the wheel well to the rear banana wrap. Used the old pieces as templates and trimmed and drilled the new sheet to match. I replaced the rotten plywood battery door frame supports and slid the new piece in place.
It wasnít a difficult fix, just time consuming.
AirForums # 2806
WBCCI / VAC # 6411
Not All Who Wander Are Lost.
Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.