Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
1985 Excella Banana Wrap Needed

After 50 years of pretty carefree towing, Dad caught a tractor trailer tire on the way to camping this past weekend. The old Excella fared pretty well...with the exception that the front street (driver's) side banana wrap corner is completely gone. Not broken, not cracked, but gone.

This piece, from what I can tell, should be plastic or fiberglass? Not something I can easily make here. Are these panels available anywhere?

I reattached the rub strip and shored up the bellypan aluminum at the campground. But the trailer sure looks funny with a gaping hole there in the front.

Any information would be appreciated. We'd like to get this thing sealed up before winter...

Ben
Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Inland RV has it. Part #48501

Inland RV Center Inc.

(Don't worry, Ben. I'm not stalking you....I just had an '86 that had the same parts! :-D)

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
I know you are not stalking me, Becky...just interesting we have had the opportunity to work on such similar Airstreams!

Thanks for the info. That part is much cheaper than I though it would be! Dad will be happy.

Ben