Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Monterey Bay , California
Indy,
Thanks for the site. I had previously looked at their product and wasn't sure if it would work for me, so I passed. My needs have been met as far as rub rail is concerned. Thanks anyway. You might try a place in Alabama called Montevallo campground and RV service. They are really slow but may be able to help you. If I remember the guy's name was Sonny. Albeit, I had a little trouble understanding them, I think they have parts. # 205 665-2531 Best of luck in your journey.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #16
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
Thanks for the tip, Radman.

I think I will be able to handle the accent; I'm from about 125 miles north of there!

Anne

1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Call Colaws RV Salvage in Carthage MO. I'll betcha an Enhanced Membership that they might have it...

Make sure you're asking for the right thing. Rub rail is the lower trim strip between the belly and the side panels. Beltline is the middle trim strip at chest height. Maybe take a photo next to a ruler & crop it if they'd improve your chances by having a photo sample -- if they take emails with attachments. But I'd call first and start up that relationship thing.
Hi Bob;
Colaws has acknowledged receipt of my E-mail and assigned a person to handle my request. This was 6 weeks ago and I have yet to hear from him. I am not the one to push my dollar into someone's pocket by force, but response from the business is the least I expect. In my business I return all calls regardless if I can, or cannot help the customer. Fortunately, there are others like me who at least offer you common courtesy to reply to a request. I would rather make the part from scratch, than be ignored by outfit like Colaws. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
Old 11-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #18
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Boatdoc, catching up on reading some subscribed threads and ran across this one.

I've dealt with Colaws a couple of times and been very happy with the service. Like Bob suggested, I called first, then emailed picutres of the items I needed. I got all of the proper items very quickly with very courteous service. I don't know why Colaws dropped the ball on your order, stuff happens sometimes. I'd give them a second try. Good luck with it.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #19
PK

2000 25' Safari
Narvon , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
In the process of trying to button up the exterior of the 72, I am in dire need of the old style rub rail. The rail that still needs to be painted blue on the inside lip. Yea, I am aware ďthey donít make it any moreĒ. (Famous last words for my pet project.) I donít need much but; 10ft. might as well be 10 yards as far as the old stuff is concerned. I have exhausted all efforts on my part to purchase the old style rub rail. I have been looking for quite some time and need it before starting the interior part of the project. I have spent countless hours on the phone from Florida to Southern California. I found the old stuff at one outfit only to find out they donít ship. Imagine that?? Found the new stuff at another vendor only to discover that shipping long sections is more than the cost of the rail itself. Something to do with the long shipping tubes that it must be shipped in. And lastly, one vendor I found it at took more than 6 weeks to get around to putting the deal together. I would call him twice a week for weeks on end. I am a patient guy but this just got to be a drag out for some goofy reason. After all, we arenít trying to launch the shuttle here.
What to do? What to do?
I am hoping that someone out there in the Streamer universe may have upgraded and would be willing to part with their old. I have tried all of the leads I have discovered in the related threads. I would be more than happy to cover any and all costs associated with the much needed rub rail. I hate to replace the entire rub rail with the newer version as I donít need the whole shootin match. It would seem a darn shame to throw all of the old away to upgrade to the new. I have run out of leads. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all in advance for your help.
I am tearing off old 1" blue rub rail. It is not in great condition. But if all you need is ten feet I think I might have what you are looking for. What are you willing to pay for it? I got the new rub rail and I'm tearing off the old. I will try to carefully tear it off if you are interested in it. Let me know.