Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
Austin , Texas
Recommended Paint

Is there a recommended paint for the black trim along bottom of my trailer, as well as tounge and bumper? I was told there is a great rust inhibiting product that is expensive, but worth it. It is an 89 Excella.
PAL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1962 22' Safari
Augusta , Georgia
I think you may be referring to POR-15. While I have never used it, the reviews I've seen indicate this is a great product. In my research to obtain via Internet, I found the product expensive to buy and then ship.

A friend suggested I try a local automotive supply store called FinishMaster. They are a chain that caters to professional auto body repair. The clerk there turned me one to an alternative from SEM called Rust-Shield. While he had both products on the shelf, he recommended Rust-Shield and it was cheaper. Over the past three years I've painted various metal things with Black and Aluminum colored Rust-Shield and have been pleased with the durability of the product.

Whichever you choose, go to your local automotive supply store and check options - you will get a much better paint than the local big-box provides.
DGJackson is offline   Reply With Quote