Old 05-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Originally Posted by Jeepjunk4 View Post
Hey John,
I also have a 1990 excella, but a 29ft model. The clear on mine is also in pretty good shape, but this winter seems to have taken a toll. It always had some fade under the awning and on the endcaps, but now that spring is here the fade is way lower especially on the curbside endcaps, which is odd, since they get very little sun. I have always used starbrite marine polish, because it has uv protection and Teflon and seems to last a long time, I use it on my cars also. Last year I also started using formula 303 especially for a quick touch up on the faded spots, after washing, figuring more uv protection cant hurt, now I don't know if that helps or not, Im thinking not.

How do you apply Nyalic, and I guess you isolate the panel [tape it off] when you use it?

Jeep, just saw your post question. Nyalic is a clear coat, so think of it like any clear coat, acrylic, etc. you can spray it or brush it on. If you are going to do a larger area, you would need to tape off and proceed just like you were spray painting. Small areas can be done by brush. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1430879563.532390.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	237875
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1430880230.709645.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	237876
The door hinge was brushed on, the tail light casting was taped off and sprayed. I've sprayed larger areas of the skin panels and the Nyalic feathers in nicely there also.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
I have Nyalic in spray.. you need to prepare the surface before application so it is uniform. I had some older oxidation, but could not 'buff' it all out.. without doing the whole AS....

Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
Years ago, I think I saw a photo (on AirForums) of an Airstream that was painted black. While this color wouldn't work in Arizona, white sounds interesting (much cooler than black or bare aluminum).

Are there any members who have painted their Airstreams, or is this taboo?

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote