Old 05-01-2002, 09:57 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
I think it was me you are asking? the underbelly color is called Metallic Grey and is Dupont Centari color # 44146-A. An automotive paint supplier will be able to mix it for you. I priced it last year and thought it was on the expensive side.
For the color letters on the side such as Excella (gold), International (red/white/blue), etc. someone else suggested using model paint and a small paint brush such as 'Testors' found in any hobby store.

83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 10:13 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
Great.... Thanks for the info there.... And the Testors colors? Should I just try my best at matching a paticular color? Or should I just pick my own shades of R/W/B?

'94. 29' Excella Classic
2001 5.4L Ford F150 Lariat Super Cab
wife & 2 boys
tenrsingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 10:24 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
I dont know what shade they are, you could just match it as best you can or make it unique to your own tastes. Some people will only accept a stock original replacement and others like to customize mildly or full, its all up to the owner and if you dont like the results you can always change it.

83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 01:55 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Hi charcigar & Tenringr. Sorry for the slow response to your questions. My computer has been down for a few days. I only painted the inside of the rear storage compartment with the POR paint. I bought that POR from the POR people at a auto show & they didn't mention anything about UV rays to me.

Tenringr, I took the rear bumper off to clean as much of the rust out of that storage compartment as I could before painting it. My rear bumper is held on with four large screws. They were tight & hard to get loose to turn. I have a really big screw driver that I hit with a hammer a couple of times to get the screws loose. They came right out after that. Only took maybe ten min to get it off. Went back on easy.

SF CA area
77/31' Airstream
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote