Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
Old School "polish" for new Airstream

You folks that have been around Airstreams for a while will laugh at this, but for this new owner, I was recently amazed with Walbernize.

We have been blessed with our Pete since early November 2013, so he's been getting dirty oh, 6 or 7 months. We have had an exceptionally pollen-heavy spring here (not over yet) and that coupled with camping for 40 nights or so including 2 very dusty antique tractor shows, Pete was a bit dull looking. And he even lives in a pole barn when he's not camping...........

So I carefully washed Pete with car wash soap and a soft brush, and then the real "work" began. I picked up a bottle of Walbernize at the dealer the other day, thinking I'll go Old School this time. I know there are more modern polishes and such, but let me tell you, Walbernize sure impressed me. I know, it may only last 6 months, and so-on. But, compared to the last 6 years of attempting to wax a 40' motorhome this was so much easier. I literally used to spend a week waxing, but Walbernize was SO easy; seriously, wipe on, wipe off, done in about 4 hours.

I did two coats on all the siding, and it also worked great on the rims, rear bumper, pretty much everything. I put WD40 on the segment protectors and everything else that is cast aluminum. Now if I could just hermetically seal Pete until we go again in a few weeks!

ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1998 31' Excella 1000
Bellevue , Nebraska
That's sounds really good. What did you use to take the Walbernize off? I do not currently have a power buffer. Can you just use old dish towels? Or just go buy the power buffer. Can you post a picture?

panora2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
2014 27' Flying Cloud
Bushnell , Florida
I used old (clean) t-shirts to apply per directions (wet the applicator with the Walbernize basically) and also to remove the product after it hazed. Literally, wipe on, haze, wipe off. I thought about going to town for some micro-fiber towels, but t-shirt material worked fine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Papaw's iPhone 129.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	209016  
ShinyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Just finished ours on Thursday; wax on, wax off. I purchased some soft cleaning cloths, used one for applying and another to wipe off. They both got dirty (even after a full washing of the AS) at about 20% complete, especially the roof, so I went through almost the whole package of cloths. I need to figure out an easier way to do the roof. I threw a rope over the top, climbed the ladder and held onto the rope with one hand and polished with the other.

We keep our AS in a storage lot and we had just parked it, got into the TV and the sky opened up. The PO gave us an unopened bottle and said that was the product to use. Do it in the spring and again in the fall.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
Where do you buy that stuff walbernise?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Airstream Forums mobile app
1977nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Originally Posted by 1977nancy View Post
Where do you buy that stuff walbernise?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Airstream Forums mobile app
Walbernize RV Super Seal

Shelly : TAC NH-6 | AIR 41359
Visit my blog!
Parts needed : Braund Antenna front tube fold down model!
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote