Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
R & D,

We're toying around w- "Silver Bullet Express" but that seems a bit long (& not very creative). Lookin for short, sweet & sassy.

|;-{p
2 Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Cowboys View Post
R & D,

We're toying around w- "Silver Bullet Express" but that seems a bit long (& not very creative). Lookin for short, sweet & sassy.

|;-{p
Well, if you're looking for something with a Western feel, you could always look to Indians for your inspiration. You've made the leap to an Airstream, so why not, "Geronimo!"
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Hmm, that's a good one.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hi Ho, Silver!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
Who you callin' a...

Oops, wrong app!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I'm 37, a VP in our unit, and I hate meetings (I work for the federal gov't and get my share there!). 99% of the time it's just camping...with friends!

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Just a note. The WBCCI has nothing to do with AIRFORUMS, although some activities are listed here. Most club members I have met pay little or no attention to the forums, but this s changing. I although get the impression that most forum members pay little or no attention to the club except to criticize it, but this also seems to be changing. Just a note, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #28

2012 Interstate Coach
This thread sure has gone off at a tangent from the original intent of figuring out how to remove old WBCCI numbers without leaving "ghost" numbers in their place. I'm partly to blame for that. Apologies to ElCamino Man for hijacking your thread to discuss WBCCI recruitment.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #29
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
Im used to it lol. I really cant say much as I am sure Iv done it several times on here lol
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Thread drift and hijacking are common on all forums and other means of communication. We all have our own special interests, points of view, and agendas.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #31

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Thread drift and hijacking are common on all forums and other means of communication. We all have our own special interests, points of view, and agendas.
This is true. However, until the person who started the thread has an answer to his question, the thread ought to drift back on-topic once in a while, so he doesn't have to start another thread to get his answer. Just trying to facilitate that.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
Old School Young Gun

Currently Looking...
Olney , Illinois
Lol you gotta point! The only answer Iv got is to try lighter fluid.

When I buy a vehicle from a dealership, I always remove the dealers name sticker. Scrub off the main part with your finger nail or pressure washer then go over it with rubbing alcohol usually does the trick. I might have to try it now that I reminded myself lol
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Sorry, it is easy for me to forget what the thread was originally about, I will try harder, jim
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Just to repeat: put a wet towel over the number, and then go over the towel with a steaming clothes iron. Got this from Inland Andy and it worked like a charm. Saves the lighter fluid and fingernails.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Do not think the wet towel thing will work with numbers on since 1981, hope it will though. These things have a way of being part of the panel after a few years. Jim
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCamino Man View Post
Lol you gotta point! The only answer Iv got is to try lighter fluid.

When I buy a vehicle from a dealership, I always remove the dealers name sticker. Scrub off the main part with your finger nail or pressure washer then go over it with rubbing alcohol usually does the trick. I might have to try it now that I reminded myself lol
Really? I start to handwrite an addition to the sales contract that each and every dealer sign on my vehicle will pay me an advertising fee of $150/ea, annually, due on January 1st; the first payment in full due at closing. The salesman takes care of that problem quickly. It's real pleasure when they haven't noticed it until signing time.

MEK is the piece of dynamite in the background. About fourth choice. But it'll git it when other things won't.

Now, as to naming the trailer . . I recommend that the first time that TT tries to pass you in traffic cause you did a half-assed job of hitch rigging besides buying cheap hitch that the name might actually matter. Be careful about naming things that might kill you. It ain't quite so cute, then.

I'm surprised some Marrero boys ain't thought of rodeo bull names. This ain't a milch cow if it gits loose from you. Let that be part of the inspiration for channeling the right name.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
To Rednax-

WoW, I'm not sure of your exact intent, but I must say, I'm rather offended by your tone. I'll have you know, we have successfully pulled our Airstream over 4,000 miles, in the 2 outings we've ventured on thus far. We do tons of research on any & all aspects of things that appeal to us, before we make a move. Many others here have expressed "names" for their AS. Perhaps that is what inspired me to want to do the same. And I have. And I'm sure that we'll accomplish other things as well. But I see that I must really sift through the threads, to find the knowledge i seek, from kind & helpful people. Unlike yourself.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #38
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
You asked for a different way of looking at names in an earlier post, correct?

So I offered a tongue-in-cheek way of looking at "cute names" as a trailer trying to get loose and come around isn't called anything cute by the driver at that point when it's trying to kill them. (When "Bambi" turns into Godzilla).

Same with a rodeo bull. Might have a classic name such as Thunder or Midnight . . . folks still ride the bull. The name has some depth to it. Things may not be what they seem, and the name leads them somewhere in that contemplation. The name might ought to capture some of those other qualities.

When one is asleep and the TT catches fire. (And so forth . . . .) What is wonderful aint so wonderful if the tables turn.

Sorry it came across the way it did. I guess that emoticons are there for a a reason . . when the other speaks in cliches ("short, sweet and sassy") the visual reinforcement is necessary.

And, half-assed hitch rigging on a cheap hitch covers 90% of RV'ers. So I'm guessing that your reading hasn't gone far enough to have come across this citation dating back to the 1950's. I have no idea how you've done yours, as it wasn't at all to the point, but only to illustrate a notion.

Good luck on a name, cowboy.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Livingston , texas
As we plan on becoming full-timers...

"Tumbleweed"
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #40
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Cowboys View Post
As we plan on becoming full-timers...

"Tumbleweed"
I like that!

Tumbling Tumbleweed would make you the Sons Of The Pioneers. Can you sing?