Old 08-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Americus , Georgia
Need Help Installing Blue Stripe

I need to install the middle wide blue stripe on my 91 Excella and purchased enough to do the curbside. So I tried doing the entrance door first since it was a small section.I cut it to the desired length and peeled the backing off and put it on then smoothed it out with my hand. When I removed the top protective layer off the stripe I then saw a lot of bubbles/air pockets. SO do any of you have any suggestions or tips so I won`t have the bubbles. Thanks Davis

WBCCI # 10219 Georgia Unit
AIR # 5131
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Stripe

I am assumming this is a sticker.get some windex plus or use a a drop of dishwash liquid and the rest with water in a spray bottle.Find something that you can use for a squeege to rub the water out.

First clean the area really good.
cut the sticker to the size you need.(you already know this part.)
Spray the area with the windex plus or soapy water.
Then spray the back of the sticker just to be safe.
When you lay the sticker on you can slide it around to where you want it to be.
Take your squeege.(Or you can use a credit card.)and rub it down really good..
A good trick is to start at one end and move to the other.Sometimes though if the sticker is really big you may have to work different ares at a time and that could take a bit of patience.
If you do start on the really long piece though.Take some masking tape and tape the sticker up to the trailer.Just tape the top of the sticker so you can lift the bottom side up.Peel a small piece of the backing away and stick it where you want it to be.Slowly peel and sqqeege the sticker in place as you move down the trailer.remember to use the liquid.If you feel like the sticker is out of line and starts to want to go off the edge.You can get a heat gun or blowdryer and heat it up a tiny bit.This will soften it up and you can work it back into place.Be patient while doing that though.
Also if something were to go wrong you can peel it up a bit since there is water seperating the sticker.
Squeeze as much water out as you can.You may notice some really small bubble but they do go away in time.If there are bigger ones though just take a small needle or pin and poke it once then push the air out.That will flatten it out.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Americus , Georgia
I finally got around to installing the stripe today and it went very good using Devomans tip, Thanks . I also repainted the cast aluminum emblems and it looks great. Davis
WBCCI # 10219 Georgia Unit
AIR # 5131
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote