Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2003, 09:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

front end vinyl trim, misc trim

I would like to replace the vinyl trim-85 345- also anyone have parts numbers for windshild wiper assembly. Does anyone have a paint number for the dark gray paint at coach bottom and front top around windshield? Any ideas for giving the front grille a new shine or look?
mlmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I am not sure about the no for the grey paint on your year..on my 82 it matches a Dupont paint number, but I think it is lighter grey than your year...maybe a 345 owner will verify.
For the vinyl trim, depending on the width, you should be able to customize it if that is what you have in mind, buying striping tape which comes in wide widths used on trucks and boats as well as rv's. I used a 3" wide to redo mine replacing the wood look.

HERE IS A PHOTO--

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...papass=&sort=1
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 06:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
There are a bunch of parts in the wiper assembly, but if you go to Cleveland Ignition they should have what you need.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

vinyl trim

ALANSD
The photo looked great. How did you get off the original tape? I would like to get rid of the wood look also. I think your new stripe added a lot to the looks of your MH.

Did the tape leave residue etc?
mlmarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 10:29 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I started to pull the old wood grain off at one end, it was on there and not wanting to come off- used heat and still wanted to come off in pieces. So I cleaned it all really well and taped over it. It gave me a guideline to work with, and then new striping has been on quite awhile now with no adverse effects. The underneath black really wide striping was there from before, and just added to the look and blend of the new 3" stripe which is actually 16 stripes on one roll, that you apply all at one time. Black/silver/ and red center.

I got mine in 150' roll from a guy on ebay who was very helpful and sells quite a bit of this stuff. I have enough left to do the motorhome again twice.
here is one he has on there now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2422679687

I want to replace the upper black 2" stripe that runs the length of the coach...but not yet found thick black in that size...still looking.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote