Old 05-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
You can try to yank that one, but as has been pointed out, the alum has been streched. You could try going at it from the inside if it can't be done well from the outside, but really a panel overlay might just be the easiest and best solution, though most likely the most expensive.
I think I spent $100+ - for a sheet of Airstream aluminum at a Airstream dealer

Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Mobile , Alabama
several years ago i bought one of these for my husband. it is great!! we have taken it to mystic springs airstream park several times and my husband has removed dents for a lot of people. in april at the vintage rally there was a group from louisiana and about four of their airstreams had dents. david told them he would be happy to remove the dents but first they had to say they loved alabama football! they did so he did..so...for 4,000.00 we would be more than happy to come to oregon to remove a dent. all kidding aside we were in oregon three years ago - what a beautiful state.
Here is a link to a similar dent puller that we bought: Body Buddy Vacu-Dent Pneumatic Dent Puller

Old 05-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #17
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi,

I would drill a hole in the center of the dent 1/8" insert a rivet in and use the rivet gun as puller to pull the dent out . It takes about one squeise on the rivet gun to expand the rivet with out cuttin it. Pull gently on the rivet gun gun if the dent comes out all you will have a extra rivet in the body. You may have to do it twice but that is how body man pull out dents in cars. Regards from Russell in sunny and warm Tucson Az.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, 79nTOW has the best answer for pulling the dent out from outside. When I was in the tool business ["Mac Tools"] I sold these and I guarantee that once you have it sucked on to anything, you can't pull it off until you shut the air off. Very, very powerful.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #19
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, 79nTOW has the best answer for pulling the dent out from outside. When I was in the tool business ["Mac Tools"] I sold these and I guarantee that once you have it sucked on to anything, you can't pull it off until you shut the air off. Very, very powerful.

Robert when were you in the tool business? Also Where?I thought I was the only one.I was a Mac Tool Dealer in Barstow Ca. and Mac Tool field manager in Fresno Ca.Total of 15 years If you want write me directky use my E mai rdworian@comcast.net
Regards from Russell In Tucson Az.:rolley es:
Old 05-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Wow, you guys are awesome. My DH and I will look through all the suggestions and try a few things. Of course, the dent doesn't bother him as much as it bothers me so anything that requires the least amount of effort will probably be where we start.

When and if and how we deal with the dent, I'll post a pic of the results of our handiwork. It doesn't have to look terrific but it would be good to get out the worst of it.

Thanks to you all!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL
Robert when were you in the tool business? Also Where?I thought I was the only one.I was a Mac Tool Dealer in Barstow Ca. and Mac Tool field manager in Fresno Ca.Total of 15 years If you want write me directky use my E mai rdworian@comcast.net
Regards from Russell In Tucson Az.:rolley es:
Hi, RUSSELL. Another Mac Man; Must be why you use my trade mark " Hi,"

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
We picked it up yesterday after being serviced (and having the rear-mounted live-camera installed). They tried to pull out the dent and although it still looks like a dent, it's a little better than it was. Maybe we'll try some of the other suggestions made on here. Bummer.