Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
RGates

1968 20' Globetrotter
Thousand Oaks , California
Confused about Blue Serial Number emblems

I just refinished my 1968 Globetrotter badge or emblem by the entry door. On VTS they supply 4 7/8 wide blue emblems. Do these go anywhere specific on the trailer? How do I check to see if mine had one? I see a spot with 2 rivets on the left front above my fresh water intake . Can't tell if there was an emblem there. Does anyone know? Or were these very early 60's only in place of my long rectangular one? Any info would be helpful, do not see them on the archives for my year anywhere. Thanks!
Randy
Randy Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Badges?... We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

Randy, Your '68 should have (in your Avatar picture) an Airstream plate above the front and rear window. The model/serial plate to the right of your entry door on the curb side of the trailer. It's just under the most forward window toward the tongue. Also a MHBA Mobile Home Builders Assoc. badge near the folding step. The only other badging would be on International Trim Package models. That adds, Rub rails, Flag (red,white and blue) badges, and Cursive International ID badge on the rear between the tail light housings. If you have a standard packaged trim level Landyacht trailer, these other badges will be missing. Some original purchasers had plates added by dealers that stated that the trailer was built specially for: and their names added. These were usually engraved brass plates to the right of the door. If you have holes on the front of the trailer it could be from a long gone antenna mount or other fixture mount that has since been removed. If that is the case you need to place some pop rivets (olympic) in the holes with Vulkem or Parbond sealant on them to prevent water from getting in. The Serial Plates you see on VTS web site are for earlier AS years and don't apply to mid or late "60's trailers. Hope this answers your questions, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:53 AM   #3

1971 25' Tradewind
1976 28' Argosy 28
new kingstown , Pennsylvania
on the various RV's I have owned or worked around the two rivets above the potable water fill once had a red background label warning to use only potable water and to sanitize the tank before using.
AS dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
RGates

1968 20' Globetrotter
Thousand Oaks , California
I checked and seem to have all the emblems including a voltage requirement emblem on left rear by the battery door. I include a few photos. One of my newly restored name badge emblem and the area that prompted my question. I am thinking that the large rectangular patch by the window may have been for the original antenna. I am missing the potable water badge, see the 3 rivets below by the water intake. Am I correct ? Thank you folks for your great help.
Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT emblems 003.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	138282   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT emblems 001.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	138283  

Randy Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The rivets you pointed out appear to be from a bracket for the original TV antenna. The patch you have is a mystery.

Take a look at the pictures here:
68Globetrotter

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote