Old 11-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #1

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Lakeland , Florida
Clearcoat on Landyacht nose

I have a 2003 A S Landyacht that has a clear (I believe it is a 3-M product)plastic covering on the front end.I have developed little flecks under it that look like rust(I know this is not possible/it is fiberglass)has anyone had this problem?If so /solutions!! I could cover it with a bra but don't think anyone makes one,thanks in advance for your help!
Dave Kilburn

Old 11-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddkilburn
I have a 2003 A S Landyacht that has a clear (I believe it is a 3-M product)plastic covering on the front end.I have developed little flecks under it that look like rust(I know this is not possible/it is fiberglass)has anyone had this problem?If so /solutions!! I could cover it with a bra but don't think anyone makes one,thanks in advance for your help!
Dave Kilburn
Could you describe the "rust" a little more. i.e. color, shape, is it piercing the clearcoat? Is it under the clearcoat... maybe some pictures.
There are a few possibilities so we need more info.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #3

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Lakeland , Florida
Thanks for the response,it almost looks like a brown mildew,with lots of tiny cracks.I peeled the piece off one of the rearview mirrors,big mistake,terrible mess and some of the paint came with it.But the problem is under this clear mask and not in the paint.I was thinking I wouldn't be the only one with this problem,but as luck would have it maybe I am!As far as pics,that would take me the rest of the day to figure that out,hah.
Thanks
Dave