Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Clearcoat, Exterior Paint & Trim
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

el paso , Texas
Car paint code to match my beater to a new Airstream

I realize that Airstreams aren't painted, but I'm interested in painting an aging SUV that I own to match my 07 CCD. The SUV was originally painted a metallic silver, so matching the Airstream shouldn't be too much of a stretch as far as having or not having to also do the door jams & such...

Can anyone who has successfully tried such a thing provide me a color code?

OR are there any auto or rv body shop pros on here who have access to the gadget that takes photographic scans of a vehicle's paint job for getting a paint code who could shoot a new or newer Airstream in your area for me? Or maybe some of you are just so darned good at eyeballing it that you could suggest a code or two without the gadget...?

Also, there's times of the day when my own Airstream seems to have a satin finish to it, can anyone verify whether a satin finish on the SUV would be required in order to best match an Airstream appearance?

Thanks!
AIRzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2003 31' Classic
Valparaiso , Indiana
airstream paint

Hi:
I own a bodyshop and found that Honda has a silver that most closely matches the AS. Partially Painted my '99 excella end caps. You know-the parts that keep peeling the clearcoat. If you stand back and really study the different panels, you will probably find two or three different shades of silver anyway.
Good luck
Bob

I can win any argument on any subject. People know this and steer away from me at parties. Often as a sign of their respect, they don't even invite me.
rochar3 is offline   Reply With Quote