Old 07-19-2003, 12:19 PM   #71
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Rivvet!

Thanx Andy..
I must have missed your post with the removal hints..

Old 08-03-2003, 05:20 PM   #72
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
I am reviving this thread because we are now interested in replacing the beltline and rubrail of our 78 ARgosy Minuet. It has a few pieces of the orange vinyl still clinging but most was repainted (now chipping and peeling) blue by PO. Before we order from Inland Andy wanted to check and see if any of you finally got the job done, any pitfalls you encountered, and if anyone might have a 50' roll left that you would sell? We measured the trailer and it is not quite 50' around (ours is a 22' Minuet, so smaller than most). Inland is selling 50' for $30. plus shipping right now. I am looking for BOTH the beltline (50') and the rubrail (50' or maybe a little less, cause wheel wells take up space). Real interested and waiting to hear. thanks, Leigh

ps: looks like the Inland parts # for our particular vinyl inserts are

beltline #70494 and rubrail #70530. Andy if you read this, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Old 08-03-2003, 05:35 PM   #73
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
You are correct.

We do have 244 feet of Orange rub rail, but none of the belt line.

Perhaps you can find some orange belt line someplace.

Andy
Old 08-03-2003, 05:52 PM   #74
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hi Andy!!! Glad to see you are here!! Actually I like the blue insert, blue is the color I am using in the interior of our "Mini" so that will work great. Thanks for the OK on the parts #'s.

On another note... we have a crack going partway around the drain of our bath sink. Tried to caulk, but still leaking down below to inside base and ruining anything stored there. Do you have replacement for molded sink top for a 78 Argosy Minuet?

And.... we have a really bad vent top for the furnace. Have no idea what it looked like originally, but it looks like the top broke off - there is still some kind of screening down inside, but worried about water getting into furnace as the top is exposed. Would a picture of it help?? Greatly appreciate all your help. LEigh
Old 08-04-2003, 05:04 AM   #75
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
The sink can be fix without removal. Or, if no one near you can do it, send it to us and we will fix it.

Please send me a photo of the vent area that you need a part for.

Andy
Old 08-04-2003, 06:38 AM   #76
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
fridge?

Andy,

I bet she is referring to the fridge roof vent. My Argosy had plastic covers for them just like their plumbing vents. The years in the sun really took their toll on them. I bought all new aluminum ones from you and replaced mine, fridge vent and vent pipe covers

Chas
Old 08-04-2003, 11:24 AM   #77
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hello again - I am going to start a new thread titled "Sink Repair or Replace?" to post my ??? and photos as others might be interested in future and it does not really relate to blue trim molding. Lookin forward to your reply. Thanks, Leigh
Old 08-04-2003, 05:57 PM   #78
1 Rivet Member

Wink 1/2 inch blue trim

I have a 1976 Land Yacht, Trade Wind,
just replaced my 1/2 inch vinyl trim last week. Got the 50 foot roll from my local airstream dealer. total coast $12..00 plus tax. A good deal if I must say so myself.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:51 PM   #79
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
No kiddin'!! 12 bucks a roll?? I will take 2 rolls please! I think someone goofed, that is way too cheap!

Seriously, hook me up with this dealer, send me a pm.

Chas
Old 08-05-2003, 02:05 PM   #80
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
DCFL - Maybe you could post the name and # (tollfree?) of your AS dealer here to help others out in need of the blue molding. That would be nice!!!

Andy - I hope you look at this post again. You asked for a photo and I am hopelessly slow at learning the insandouts of the tech world. I have managed thru a several day process to succesfully paste a picture of the vent stack in question to my new post called "Sink - Repair or Replace" and would love for you to clue me in and tell me if you can replace??? Thanks, Leigh
Old 11-09-2003, 05:12 PM   #81
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Running the subject to death

Ok..
Now that we have...and now that you all know where to get the vinyl clad...
Myself, and another Forum member bought the RubRail (1-1/2 inch) vinyl clad...and each of us has about 33 feet left over. We both at the same time, so that means they should match.
We will sell our 2 33-foot pieces to whomever...for the same prixe per 33-foot piece. (no competition...total agreeance).

PM me and I will be happy to put it togehter..
OR you can just got to the "Parts For Sale"...
Old 12-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #82

Molding for Argosy

I have just purchased a 1975 26 foot Argosy Motorhome and am working on several things. I'd like to replace the molding on the outside of the body that is similar to the blue molding discussed in this forum. Does anyone know of a similar product that will do the job. Blue won't work with the Argosy color scheme. Black or red would be great. The stuff that is on there appears to be the same as the wider product discussed in this forum. It is completely faded and half gone. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:08 AM   #83
3 Rivet Member

Any Airstream dealer should be able to order it from the factory. I believe the original color is still available.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:04 PM   #84
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
All the belt line and rub rail vinyl insert colors are "obsolete" except for blue.

However any dealer can obtain most any color, directly from the "OEM" (not Airstream) as long as you but 10,000 feet (ten thousand).

Any one interested?

Andy