Originally Posted by Aerowood
I did all of this awhile back. I still have not installed the emblems yet. The tail light housing were the challenging part. Its is detailed in my thred belw on posts 276, 278, and 298
I did Kip's helicoil method, and it worked awesome. Could not bring myself to just pop rivet those back in... was a HUGE leak source. It took loads of sealant to fill all the gaps, and the SS fasteners snugged it up nicely against the shell.
The only thing I wish I would have done, is sand the corrosion off better, and then clear the whole thing. Instead I repainted the black, and cleared it, but I only polished the outside perimeter.. its already corroding again.