Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Aluminum compatible clear coat, where to get?

According to Andy there is a special type of clear coat for aluminum. The car stuff won't stick from what I understand. I would guess there is something in the aluminum version that etches the metal so it will stick. I just polished my door grab handle and it is already starting to corrode. I would like to clear coat it to protect it from corrosion. I had a new door latch handle made and I would like to clear coat it for the same reason. I also have some areas on the skin where the clear coat is broken and I wanted to fix that.

Where do I find some of this stuff? Also these skin polishers how do they keep all that hard work from corroding?

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #2

1986 32' Excella
Espanola , New Mexico
I have used a product called KRYLON and it has done well for two years in our hot New Mexico sun. The product is a clear acrylic and can be had in gloss or semi gloss. I have also used the semi gloss to patch areas on the skin of my Airstream. Walmart normally caries this product.
donc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
You can also get a spray can from Airstream.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote