Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
AAA Emblem

We are working on a few of the little items on the big list to do while we can still feel our hands before the big snow and winter freeze hits us.

This AAA Emblem was double sided taped just above the Globetrotter Name Plate. We are members of CAA and thought it would be nice to clean it up and rivet it back on.

However would there have been any numbers or name in the blank band portion?

Does anyone know if CAA had any metal emblems that we could also rivet on beside the AAA one.

Lastly as you know (or may not) we went with the "Moon" theme becuase of the year of the Trailer - Moon Landing in '69. We have a SS 9"x9" comemorative plaque that we would like to also rivet on the trailer - but are not sure where would be the best place - any ideas???

Here are pictures of both.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AAA EmblemLR.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	9593  
Attached Images

05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Your emblems are fine--will look wonderful on your GT. Where did you get the moon landing plaque? That one gives me goosebumps!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Your emblems are fine--will look wonderful on your GT. Where did you get the moon landing plaque? That one gives me goosebumps!
I got it from e-bay about a month after we got her. I went nuts trying to find anything that related to the real moon landing. Boy it is amazing how many people want this stuff - I had to go three times cause I kept loosing the bid. I ended up getting it from someone in Australia -some reproduction company I am sure.

It is kind of neat though - and will look great against the polished aluminum when that gets finished - but in the interim it is like naming a vessel and might be bad luck if we don't get her on before we head down south.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
maxandgeorgia,
I would think that the state would have been listed in the blank space on the AAA plaque. I do know that the stickers they put out today are "club" specific usually by state or locale. I will have to dig back thru the family photo archives...I am sure one of my great uncles had that same badge on one of his cars.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
maxandgeorgia,
I would think that the state would have been listed in the blank space on the AAA plaque. I do know that the stickers they put out today are "club" specific usually by state or locale. I will have to dig back thru the family photo archives...I am sure one of my great uncles had that same badge on one of his cars.

Aaron
That is correct, Aaron. The blank area would be for the local Auto club chapter, Mine is "AAA, South Florida". Sometimes, if the emblem wasn't "personalized" with the local club, there could be a default label saying something like "$500.00 reward for arrest and conviction of thief stealing member's car"
Terry