Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via ICQ to Clyde Gartman
1996 Airstream Integrity

I was looking for a post in this forum regarding the 1996 Airstream Integerty. Am I the only person with an Integerty?
Clyde Gartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Smile Welcome!

Clyde,

You're the 1st 5th wheel onwer that I've seen.

It would be great if you could post a few pic's of her!!

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
John

Glad you answered him. I had no idea what an Integrity was. I guess they are pretty rare.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

John,

I just happen to notice under his forum name that he had a 5th wheel.

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 06:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
A/S factory

John,
when I stopped by the factory last summer, A/S had one outside the service bay.Doing some kind of water test. (It appeared to be new.) I couldn't get close enough to see the inside, as they were spraying it with water. I did take a few pictures of it tho..Just never posted them as,I wasn't sure if there was any interest..
The one I saw looked like a 'regular' 5th wheel except it did have Airstream's name on it. Would like to see the pictures of Clyde Gartman's unit as well..
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:55 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Clyde,

Does your unit have the dura torgue axles? What is your overall satisfaction with the Integerty?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #7

5th wheel

I have a 97 5th wheel integrity. I would like to exchange info.
muta50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
A auction of a 1997 Interity just ended on e-bay. The reserve wasn't met. The auction was at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW. There are some good pictures and if you are interested you could contact the seller and see what his reserve was and make an offer.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Woodhaven , Michigan
I'm looking for a 1997 Integrity with 3 pull-outs. I currently have a 72 31' airstream but would like the extra room to retire in.
wseeloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:08 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via ICQ to Clyde Gartman
1997 Airstream 5 TH wheel

I owned a 30 foot 1996 Airstream Integerty for about 2 years and although I meet a few people with an Integerty, I've never heard of one with 3 slides. It had lots of room and the only thing I had against was it weight.

Clyde
Clyde Gartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 AM   #11
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Airstream doesn't really spell it "Integerty", do they?? I've seen strange spellings of car names, but that would take the cake. (Weird that several owners would misspell their own vehicle, though.)
Old 07-19-2005, 08:19 AM   #12
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Integrity

IMHO, this is the best trailer AS makes.

It has all of the ammenities of a larger RV and it is made by AS. These are well built and it is obvious if you have ever been in one.

Did I mention slides? Thats what I'm talkin about!
I dont know why AS did not make more of these and pursue the market. Fifth wheels are the way to go in trailers if you ask me. All the room and some of a large MH, Big time storage, easy to tow, and bigger water tanks, hell, bigger everything......... Big is goooooooooood
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:44 PM   #13
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by smily
I dont know why AS did not make more of these and pursue the market. Fifth wheels are the way to go in trailers if you ask me.
Apparently a lot of people agree with you because I see more fivers on the interstate than any other type of RV.

I have never been in an Integrity, but if the other fivers I've been in were as well built as the AS trailers, I might consider one. However, there are a lot of drawbacks such as the aforementioned weight plus the incredible height of some of them. I would think that would limit you to only a few camp grounds and even fewer state parks. There are also even fewer family friendly plans out there in the 5th wheels than in the white boxes.

With all of the new products that are on the verge of coming out of Jackson Center I would think that AS would reconsider the 5th wheel and come up with one that looks more Airstreamish and have the features and space of the traditional fiver. Just more aesthetically pleasing than the first 5th wheels from AS.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:14 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
...Fifth wheels are the way to go in trailers if you ask me...
Except you are stuck with a pickup as a tow vehicle. No Suburban, no Excursion, no vintage vehicle, nothing except a pickup.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Except you are stuck with a pickup as a tow vehicle. No Suburban, no Excursion, no vintage vehicle, nothing except a pickup.

Bill
I agree re: the vintage TV, but with a Crew Cab, you really have the front half +/- of either a Suburban or Excursion and when not towing you have a truck for all of those times when you need...a truck. In all honesty, my F-250 is my 50 mile round trip daily commute. But there are times I need to run to the home center for pine straw or the annuals to update the flower beds for each season.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #16
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
I am with you

Who needs an SUV?????

I have had the suburban, Explorer, Blazer, F150, F250, C1500 regular and extended cabs, C3500 Crew cab. The best of all, The C3500 Crew Cab. All of the paasenger room of the Burb and more than the Explorer or Blazer, Extended cabs on any truck and it would pull any Airstream TT anywhere.

I agree, if you want a large vehicle, you may as well get the vehicle that can do it all. I was faced with strapping plywood, mattresses etc to the top of my SUV's. I had to put liners in the back so I could carry firewood, mulch etc only to have to still clean it out after the trip. I will admit that the AS did look good behind the silver Suburban but it was a bear to get the bicycles and other items in and out the hatch everytime we traveled.

SUV's are for people that just dont want to look like Soccer Moms in a van, My wife is one of them. She will ultimately get a van but in the meantime she requires "coolness" in her SUV.
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:25 PM   #17
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
My wife is with your wife on the un-coolness of the mini-van...she drives an Expidition.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #18

97 integrity with 3 slides

The correct spelling of the air stream is integrity. Mine is a 1997 36' with 3 slides. I just got back to Kentucky from a two week trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. I had no problems with the Integrity 5th wheel. This is one of the sturdiest and best built 5vers I have seen. They are a little heavy, but that comes from the quality of materials that went into it. My 2000 Dodge 3500 with a disel engine has no problem pulling it. We made it just fine over the Rockies.
muta50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Give me a break...

And face the fact that there are different lifestyles around...

Where we live pickup trucks are for gardeners and plumbers. Nothing against them. But quite honestly for a lot of us they are inappropriate. They are also illegal on certain thoroughfares around here and the definition of "boulevard" legally in the city of Chicago means "no trucks" and that included pickups.

I would LOVE to see an Integrity -- not a big fifth wheel fan but it's cool to see other rigs and kinds of rigs...

Quote:
Who needs an SUV?????

I have had the suburban, Explorer, Blazer, F150, F250, C1500 regular and extended cabs, C3500 Crew cab. The best of all, The C3500 Crew Cab. All of the paasenger room of the Burb and more than the Explorer or Blazer, Extended cabs on any truck and it would pull any Airstream TT anywhere.

I agree, if you want a large vehicle, you may as well get the vehicle that can do it all. I was faced with strapping plywood, mattresses etc to the top of my SUV's. I had to put liners in the back so I could carry firewood, mulch etc only to have to still clean it out after the trip. I will admit that the AS did look good behind the silver Suburban but it was a bear to get the bicycles and other items in and out the hatch everytime we traveled.

SUV's are for people that just dont want to look like Soccer Moms in a van, My wife is one of them. She will ultimately get a van but in the meantime she requires "coolness" in her SUV.
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 PSD PWRSTRK,
and Brittany, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
PWRSTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Biggest problem from my viewpoint is they are NOT aluminum, and NOT monocoque construction!
Now, if Airstream would develope a fiver that way..... well! Meanwhile, its basically the same as any other fiver.... plywood and fiberglass!
Guess I'm just an aluminum snob! VBG It's gonna take more than slapping an Airstream sticker on it to convince me.

Elizabeth in Iowa