Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #21

Airstream 5th Wheel - Integrity pictures

Our 1997 Integrity has three slides. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Bud in Pennsylvania
maybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
And face the fact that there are different lifestyles around...

Where we live pickup trucks are for gardeners and plumbers. Nothing against them. But quite honestly for a lot of us they are inappropriate. They are also illegal on certain thoroughfares around here and the definition of "boulevard" legally in the city of Chicago means "no trucks" and that included pickups.

I would LOVE to see an Integrity -- not a big fifth wheel fan but it's cool to see other rigs and kinds of rigs...
Glad I don't live where you do. I'm an architect, not a plumber or gardener, and I have driven a pick-up for the last 11 years. I get more respect when I show up on construction sites driving a truck than driving a passenger car or even an SUV. I admit that southern culture is different than mid-western culture, but give me a break about not allowing something as mundane as my $43K pick-up on your boulevards, puleez.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:07 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by smily
Who needs an SUV?????

I have had the suburban, Explorer, Blazer, F150, F250, C1500 regular and extended cabs, C3500 Crew cab. The best of all, The C3500 Crew Cab. All of the paasenger room of the Burb and more than the Explorer or Blazer, Extended cabs on any truck and it would pull any Airstream TT anywhere.

I agree, if you want a large vehicle, you may as well get the vehicle that can do it all. I was faced with strapping plywood, mattresses etc to the top of my SUV's. I had to put liners in the back so I could carry firewood, mulch etc only to have to still clean it out after the trip. I will admit that the AS did look good behind the silver Suburban but it was a bear to get the bicycles and other items in and out the hatch everytime we traveled.

SUV's are for people that just dont want to look like Soccer Moms in a van, My wife is one of them. She will ultimately get a van but in the meantime she requires "coolness" in her SUV.
Oh man! You just listed a lot of the reasons we have what we have for a tow vehicle and general use.... 03 Ford Econline 350 XLT wagon.
With all the seats behind the driver taken out, it registers as a truck in Iowa, gives us over 11 foot of cargo room to the back door! Better than any pickup with a topper! We added a low plywood platform to the back to cover the seatbelt stanchions which makes it easy to slide stuff in and out. Couple all that with the large side doors and well, it don't get much better for a one ton!

Elizabeth in Iowa

Elizabeth in Iowa