Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Fun & Games
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
After a rough start with our stream and after taking her to Jackson Center to get all the bugs fixed, we now call her Belle....she had to earn a name!
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
My DW named ours Grundgette after Oscar the Grouch's girlfriend. It was much better than the name I had for it.
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
kendal , cumbria, UK
Our Airstream is called "Ophelia" and have named her with a blue oval, same as tow vehicle and trailer logos.

John & Carole in the UK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002%20(640x480).jpg
Views:	153
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	111987   Click image for larger version

Name:	003%20(640x480).jpg
Views:	138
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	111988  

Name:	004%20(640x480).jpg
Views:	158
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	111989  
WK57ABF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
My Sister-in-law said Airstreams look like a baked potato. So, we started calling it "Tater".
Woosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #25
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
My husband calls her Minerva... I call her his mistress!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Dallas , Texas
Mine is the Scooby Shack!

It's a '76, crushed gold veloured, scultured shagged, vinyl wooded, aluminum Mystery Machine!

David
ScoobyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #27
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Only one thing missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyShack View Post
Mine is the Scooby Shack!

It's a '76, crushed gold veloured, scultured shagged, vinyl wooded, aluminum Mystery Machine!

David
Do you have a fawn great dane too? yes, they really do talk to you.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I haven't named my Airstream but my English friend did reference it as my "Wendy" house. I wasn't familiar with the term and she told me it was a playhouse. I looked it up for a bit more information and I quite like its origin so if pressed for a name I would pick the one bestowed upon it by someone who knows me well.

A Wendy house is a small playhouse for children. The original was built for Wendy Darling in J. Barrie's play, Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up. Peter Pan and the Lost Boys built a small house around her protecting her from the cold. A prop house was created by Barrie for the stage production and quickly erected during a song which Wendy starts with, "I wish I had a darling house, the littlest ever seen..." Toy manufacturers soon created replicas of the Wendy house which then became a standard toy found in British gardens since then. My Wendy House has kept me warm and safe from woodland knomes and every variety of wild creature I can imagine in or out of Neverland. Who says we have to grow up?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LostBoysPeterWendy.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	112163  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Gerlach , Nevada
Send a message via Yahoo to Tazameir Send a message via Skype™ to Tazameir
Mine will have to earn a name. I'm sure once I start cleaning it up, alot of swearing will occur, and by the first trip I bet either myself of others in my club will come up with a good name for it.

C.
1965 Safari - 1987 F250 4x4 | Member Black Rock Desert Rats 4x4 club | AIR #53724 | TAC NV-3
1997-Current Burningman Participant / 1999-Current Staff member.
--- Life is an endless stream of choices ---
Tazameir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #30
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
How the Albatross got it's name

We wanted to name our "new" AS after a friend's mother who insists that camping and wasting all that money on yourselves is against all good values but my better half said "No." We had actually started calling it that but he intervened and reminded us no way to that name.

After tearing into the layers of carpet and finding all sorts of interesting things like rotted plywood, rotten frame, mouse carcasses, all sorts of fishing hooks that the little creatures had carried off to their nests in the insulation, a six inch square of Marsha Brady's red cordoroy dress, and even a half eaten metal tube of rubber cement, my husband remarked that this thing "feels like an Albatross around my neck."

So the Albatross was born. Eventually we hope to have her restored but right now with the snow and cold temperatures, we are working on building the Rookery for the Albatross. What an adventure we are having.....Coleridge would be so proud.
ND10CentCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
An artist friend of mine suddenly became ill and I took her into my house to care for her. She was on oxygen and needed lots of help but missed going out on location to paint. One day we were at Starbucks and outside was an Airstream parked with a for sale sign on it. We called the owner who came down and showed it to us and we just looked at each other and said "We'll take it!" She loved to camp so we did a few shake down small trips and it was the answer to our dreams. A traveling artist's studio... She would wake up early, pull her oxygen outside and paint the most incredible landscape before I even lifted my head from my pillow. We got excited about planning a trip to Montana where neither of us had been before. I worked at getting the AS ready and all our supplies into it. Then right before the trip, she became so sick that she went in the hospital and then passed away three days later. Eventually I went on ahead to Montana thinking of her the whole way and how she would have loved it.
I decided to name the trailer after her, Glenna.
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
I couldn't decide so I combined several names. Clara after the original owner. Frances after my husband's adoptive mom who recently died at 103. Dragonfly because every time I thought about the airstream, I saw images or fabrics or live dragonflies. So: CF Dragonfly.
Rae

via~ AIR Forums App.

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:40 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
Bozeman , Montana
our first argosy was Elvis.our current airstream is Dimples,it was in a hail storm in Bismark Nd at Wally Byum rally.
giantTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
I was trying to come up with vanity plates, and though we liked to say it, it wouldn't fit on the plate.

Alumiluv

Say it a couple times and see if you don't smile. Maybe not a name, but a medical condition?
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwok View Post
I was trying to come up with vanity plates, and though we liked to say it, it wouldn't fit on the plate.

Alumiluv

Say it a couple times and see if you don't smile. Maybe not a name, but a medical condition?
This is a Haiku from back in "04".

So sick with the bug
Wonder what should we call it.
Hmm, ALUMILUV
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #36
Airstream Fanatic

1976 31' Sovereign
1959 17' Pacer
1965 26' Overlander
Bismarck , North Dakota
Sorry 'bout that

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantTwinkie View Post
our first argosy was Elvis.our current airstream is Dimples,it was in a hail storm in Bismark Nd at Wally Byum rally.

I swear we didn't have a thing to do with that event.....Bismarck can get some wicked hail storms. Promise not to do it again if you return to our fair state
Sandy
ND10CentCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
Name

Well, It might end up being
"The Silver Queen" just thought of the name today, have to think on it. MPJ
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
We've not yet taken delivery of our Airstream (not long now!) but ours is already known as Towed Haul, on account of it being occupied a couple of toads. Interesting fact number 47; I used to live in the English village in which Kenneth Grahame, Mr Toad's literary creator, lived at one time.
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUKToad View Post
We've not yet taken delivery of our Airstream (not long now!) but ours is already known as Towed Haul, on account of it being occupied a couple of toads. Interesting fact number 47; I used to live in the English village in which Kenneth Grahame, Mr Toad's literary creator, lived at one time.
I love that one. We've got a vanity plate that says Tin 2 Go, but haven't felt the need to come up with a name just yet. Bankruptcy Betty might be a good one considering all the new systems I'm putting in.
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

1968 28' Ambassador
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazameir View Post
Mine will have to earn a name. I'm sure once I start cleaning it up, alot of swearing will occur, and by the first trip I bet either myself of others in my club will come up with a good name for it.

C.
I have not met my Airstream yet ( the check still has not arrived to the previous owner, sent on Monday ) I don't get to see her until May But I cannot wait, I dream about her every night . here is a preview ...
May 12th to be exact....

Happy to finally be part of the crowd
La.2Ak. is offline   Reply With Quote