Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Fun & Games
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Things that make you say hummmmm

Name some THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SAY HUMMMMMMmmmmm
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
Things that make you say hummmmm...

"Green" flourescent light bulbs that contain toxic mercury.

Hmmmmmmm...
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

Why do they put Braille on the drive through bank machines?

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
Things that make you say hummmmm...

In NY State, it's harder to get an 'Enhanced Driver's License' than a US Passport.
I went to the DMV with my regular license and valid US Passport and they told me I needed 'more proof'! How F'd-up is that?

Hmmmmmmm...
Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18 My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Budwiser (or bad wine for some!) than Kay

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Denver , Pennsylvania
#2 - I HATE THAT!#6 - It teaches you how to swear properly#18 - You hear "Thump thump"
Catman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman6 View Post
Cursive - "It teaches you how to swear properly"
Now that's really funny!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I just got this one in an E-mail and thought I should share it.

One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin explained the" Buffalo Theory" to his buddy Norm :

"Well, ya see, Norm , it's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members! ; In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowestbrain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
These are fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2XBW View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

18 My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Budwiser (or bad wine for some!) than Kay

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

I'm at the age where I want two women. So when I fall asleep they will have someone to talk to!!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
Rivet Master

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Prunes are dried plums. Raisins are dried grapes.

So, why do stores have prune juice, but not raisin juice?

Or, conversely, why do stores have grape juice, but not plum juice?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Rivet Master

I'm still lookin' for the spark plugs in my V-8 juice!