Old 10-16-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
Jasper , Georgia
Outdoor Lights

Hello fellow campers, this is my first post so be kind! My wife and I have just started camping this summer and one thing we have noticed is that there should be a "Light Etiquette". We love the small colorful lights that people have and we have purchased some to put around our canopy that are festive but.... We see many campers who totally don't care about their neighbor campers and have lights that would rival any city. One of the great things about camping is the night, peaceful and able to see the stars....sometimes. Please be considerate and leave the city behind

Scomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Hi Scomor, greetings from central Kentucky and welcome to the forum

Like some others, I have a piece of wire with an inline fuse in it. I insert that into the AS plug to connect the running lights to power. I also have a string of Airstream trailer lights that I hang from the edge of the awning. I unplug the trailer by about 10 PM but the little trailer lights are very dim and I just keep them all the time.

I've heard some complaints about the rope and security lights. Like all things camping you have to have consideration for your neighbors. Like many things, some people will just take things to the extreme. We prefer the state parks and "over 55" resorts. They seem to be pretty much what we're looking for when we camp. The younger crowd seems to enjoy the "Jellystone" camping resorts. To each his/her own, I guess.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Scomor - I just posted in another thread about this that I have my belt line LEDs and clearance lights on while enjoying a fire or hanging out - but it all goes off around 10:00. If anyone is bothered by that and comes by to tell me so (which hasn't happened yet) I'd be glad to shut them off. No different than when some camper is blaring music - it doesn't bother me but if it was real loud and past 11:00ish, I'd probably ask if they could turn it down...

Everyone loves/hates lights, music, fires, partying, visitors, dogs, outdoor TVs for the game, etc., etc.....we all just have to figure out how to talk with one another - it's just camping 😀
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote