Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #6461
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
woww!!! 3000!!!!..let's party!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #6462
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
A round of Irish Beer for everyone cyber style!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #6463
Certifiable

. , .
Yahooooooooooooooo!
3000!
Mega Cyber Cheers!
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #6464
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Thnx mistral!! I feel so alive and well!!!

Cheer! where everybody knows your name!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #6465
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Cyber beers, er adult beverages, all around...on me!

Congrats Code on a major milestone!

I didn't know Lettue Entertain You had many followers outside the Chicago area......
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #6466
Certifiable

. , .
Is Chicago outside the New York area?
Old 03-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #6467
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Thnx Silvertwinkie!!!..and all that jazz!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #6468
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hey Codybear, just checking in - Congrats!

Now off to bed...work tomorrow.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #6469
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Is Chicago outside the New York area?
Um...yea!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #6470
Certifiable

. , .
Now do the math ...

Yankees -- 26 World Championships, 39 American League Pennants
Old 03-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #6471
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
So, how did we get from restaurants, to regional chest beating? I was just impressed that someone outside Illinois, let alone Chicago knew of Lettuce Entertain You.

I've done the math on my end, and World Championships, American League Pennants do not a city make... Impressive? Sure!

...but it's the menschkeit...the mortar between that defines.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #6472
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Incidentally, speaking of mortar between the bricks....I'm still blown away that they not only are abandoning the old house that Ruth built, but additionally may sell naming rights to the new staduim.

As much as the Cubs blow, at least Wrigley Field is still Wrigley Field.

Menschkeit my friend, menschkeit.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #6473
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California

Ok, Silvertwinkie, a little excerpt on:
The Philosophy of Menschkeit:
This is the Philosophy of Menschkeit (including, but not limited to the following principles). No mensch possesses all these qualities, but spends his life trying to attain them. No one knows how many or which of these qualities one must possess to be a mensch, yet one mensch knows another when he sees one. 1. Strength (physical, as well as of conviction)
2. Honor (every Mensch has a Code of Honor)
3. Integrity (a Mensch is honest with firm moral principles; his word carries the weight and trustworthiness of an iron vault)
4. Loyalty (fierce, to his fellow Menschs, loved ones, wife, children, mother, family)
5. Sacrifice (a Mensch's personal desires are subordinate to Menschkeit)
6. Uncompromising Ethics (a Mensch always strives to do what is right)
7. Intelligence (not necessarily academic, but raw intelligence)
8. Control (a Mensch has the ability to forge/manhandle/bend a situation towards his will; if not in control, a Mensch will find a way to be in control. Alternatively, a Mensch will relinquish control in order to be in control)
9. Stoicism & Toughness (high pain tolerance; absence of complaining)
10. Fairness (a Mensch always considers all sides)
11. Knowledge (may be specific to a particular area, as long as it is at the level of Mastery)
12. Killer Instinct (a Mensch goes after what he wants like a bulldozer, makes things happen, gets things done)
13. Independence (a Mensch draws upon the inner strength of Menschkeit)
14. Instinct to Protect (a Mensch's loved ones, wife, children, mother, family)
15. Perseverance (a Mensch never quits until he succeeds, or until his intelligence tells him there is a better path)
16. Instinct to Survive ("never say die" attitude; a Mensch is reigned by wisdom [knowledge, intelligence, & ethics], but will fight like a cornered animal when necessary)
17. Open-Mindedness (a Mensch is not so foolish as to be complacent with his ideas)
18. A Certain Degree of Crudity (a Mensch realizes what is important and what is not; as such he is at ease with himself and not inhibited by meaningless proprieties)
19. Directness (a Mensch does not mince words; he says what he means and means what he says; "When I use a word, Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less." - Lewis Carroll)
20. Discipline (every Mensch is Master over himself)
21. Work Ethic (a Mensch spends his life breaking his back; a Mensch enjoys hard labor, and the equivalent in any pursuit)
22. Self-Sustainability (a Mensch needs very little to survive, and, indeed, be happy; in certain cases, only Menschkeit alone is needed to sustain life)
23. Perceptiveness (A Mensch has the ability to see in a flash, like an X-ray, the core of a person, situation, and/or place, with 100% accuracy).
24. Judgment (because of his perceptiveness, a Mensch possesses the uncanny ability to consistently make the best decisions possible; a Mensch always knows what to do.)
25. Mechanical Inclination (some of a Mensch's closest friends are his tools)
26. Camaraderie (every Mensch possesses an unspoken bond with his loved ones, wife, children, mother, family)
27. Vision (a Mensch always has a clear goal in mind, and affects that goal with supreme efficiency through use of his Menschkeit qualities: if a Mensch sees it, it is done.)
28. Absence of Fear (a Mensch knows that his Menschkeit qualities will carry him through to triumph over any situation)
29. Composure (a Mensch never appears perturbed or shaken, but maintains a mental evenness that allows him to navigate any situation)
30. Ingenuity (a Mensch has the uncanny ability to find novel solutions, 10 out of 10 times)
31. Craftsmanship (nothing satisfies a Mensch more than to have created something from scratch with his bare hands)
32. Dependability (a Mensch can be counted on as the sun rises)
33. Fertility of Mind (a Mensch always has some sort of project running on the side to satisfy his creative impulses)
34. Appreciation of Women (a Mensch appreciates a good woman, and the beauty of the female)
35. Physical Endurance (a Mensch takes a beating and keeps on ticking; in fact, a Mensch welcomes a beating)
36. Awareness (a Mensch is simultaneously aware of all that is around him, his mind ever present, ever vigilant, his surroundings accounted for, every scenario considered, weighed, and chosen at will)
37. Quality (the job a Mensch does is the best. No question. Hands down. Finished.)
38. Economy of Speech (A Mensch does not talk much; to those without Menschkeit he may seem reticent, but in reality a Mensch is a master of his spoken language, using as few words as necessary to precisely convey his message. In fact, most Menschs have transcended language. This explains why two Menschs hardly ever talk, yet never miss a step. Whereas the non-mensch must blather on, a simple nod from a Mensch suffices.)
39. Logic (In any stressful situation, a Mensch always chooses his path by logic; his logic is never swayed by emotion.)

Old 03-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #6474
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Incidentally, speaking of mortar between the bricks....I'm still blown away that they not only are abandoning the old house that Ruth built, but additionally may sell naming rights to the new staduim.

As much as the Cubs blow, at least Wrigley Field is still Wrigley Field.

Menschkeit my friend, menschkeit.
I'm just teasing Silvertwinkie. I'm not even a Yankees/Giants fan! Let's go Mets/Jets! Yankee Stadium is a cool place though. Didn't even know about the latest controversy (there are so many). So much more personality than that windy swamp known as the Meadowlands. Someday bring the 'stream and we'll do some serious tailgating and beat our chests like fools. I'd love to check out Soldier Field one day too.

Now as far as "Lettuce Entertain You" ... never heard of it. It just popped into my head as an interesting play on words. Was it possibly a song I heard in my younger days? I don't know. Perhaps I should go into the restaurant naming business.

Menschkeit -- The space between a handshake.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #6475
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
handshake - it's a deal
Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #6476
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Hey, I know where you got that Menschkeit list from! I know cause I almost posted it too!

As for tailgating....who knows, with everyone so terror consumed, who knows if tailgating will survive. I was and am still floored that they didn't allow tailgating at the Superbowl. Most of us here in Illinois, had we been able to tailgate, would have most likely brought our RVs and spent the night sleeping it off......the pain that is and well, of course, the drowning of those sorrows....
Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #6477
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hey, Silver, just trying to keep up with the knowledge base curve!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #6478
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
knowledge base curve!!!
Grading curve.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #6479
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari