Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Cool BLFC 2014 win

And I just heard from the BLFC Grand Panjandrum that another one of my drecklets won the BLFC Children's Literature category for 2014. I'm on a roll!
Justin was happy, like a clam at high tide, but abruptly ending his musings he recalled that he had every reason to be happy (in his own small way) because he was a Quahog and it was the highest of tides, and he squirted with delight.
A local newspaper columnist has been interviewing me via email for a couple of days and he says that he's going to write a column about my win (must be a slow news week). My 15 minutes are here.

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Austin, TX "Rancho Deluxe"
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
Rereading congratulatory emails while wholly incredulous over the dozen publishers offers and artfully dodging interview requests, Crusty became aware the micro-LED lasers in flat screens had fatigued his vision receptors, blinded by the ultra high contrast collapsing neu░al░ransmit░░ ▒un▒ll▒▒▒ ░░░░░░those 15 miute░of fame wer▒▒l st▒░░istory░░░▒░░░░.

A clam dredged from icy Arctic waters is being hailed as the world's longest-lived animal. Climate researchers at Bangor University in the United Kingdom recently counted 405 annual growth rings in the shells of a quahog clam." (Link)

May your
quahaug live long and prosper!

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
I had a little lizard
His name was Blue
He could Change any color that he wanted to
When I think how he died how my eyes filled with tears
Tried to match an Easter egg and stripped all his gears
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
Rivet Master

The morning started fresh and clean as the little VW van cheerfully putt-putted along winding country roads lined with thousands of colorful wild flowers. As the sun warmed the air, the flowers seemed to hum with honey bees, which are extremely endangered by hive-wasting diseases, thus dooming us all to slow starvation.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
You can go about your business.
Move along.
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2002 27' Safari
Porterdale , Georgia
The aging editor uncapped his favorite Parker fountain pen, freshly refilled with the red ink of his life's passion, silently prayed the student submissions piled high before him on the worn leather lined blotter occupying that particular space on his antique roll top desk since 1946, would at least contain New York Times Style Guide parameters, and sighing wearily, began the laborious task of whittling away superfluous descriptive adjectives and offending dangling participles, losing himself to the ocean of typed double spaced amateurish prose liberally splashed with the bright red ink freshly excreted from his Parker pen, gripped with arthritic fingers moving as though they were controlled by an absent omnipresent spirit of the wordsmiths of ages past wielding the ancient tools that formed the civilizations of the millenia congealing into the present day form of written and spoken word, such as it has become.
CoolCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
My grandkids can't run my fountain pen... the little nibs!

Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote