Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Here's Your Sign!

This is the first post of what (I hope) will be a fun thread. In the spirit of Bill Engval, I decided to post this incident that occured to us the last time we went camping.
We pulled into the state park towing Goliath, the ranger looked out the window at us, and the trailer, with all our camping gear, and said "Going camping?"
I replied, "Nope! we were taking our houseboat out, and the pontoons fell off!" Here's your sign!...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Several years ago, took the Girl Scout Troop to Savannah. Twenty girls and women, and me. I stuck out like a sore thumb. Got there around 11:00 p.m. on a Friday night, everyone piles out of the cars at the Ranger station to go potty, pick uo maps to the camp site, etc, before setting up the tents. The Ranger looks at the crowd, walks over to me and says "Are you the only man with this group?"

"Here's your sign."

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
A man walking down the street with only one shoe. A starnger asked, Did you loose a shoe?" he replys , "Nope found one" "Here's your sign"

pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Being in public with a German Shorthair Pointer you get a lot of questions and comments. The best one was "Does yer dog point?" Jim replied "yeah, she points cuz she caint talk." Here's your sign.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
A couple of months ago...met a fella...I think the name was Forrest.....Gump that is... as I was pulling in to my RV spot in one of those commercial campgrounds... nice place, big trees cool weather but back to me all story.......weehhew...this dude came up short of the full six pack...he looked right at me.... and then looked right at the front of my AS and said....
"Is that an AIRSTREAM?"

I said yep! I wreckin' it tis.....

I'm thinkin' this applies...

Do you need a sign?

Better yet....can you read?

funny thing is.... that's the only thing he said to us the entire weekend and I camped next to him....even said good morning everyday....he just grunted a bit....

boondocking clearly has its benefits over commercial.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ascamp.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	25638  
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Here's your sign

Hi, I have a 1959 Ford Galaxie that I bought in 1977. It basically has been restored twice since then. I was cruising on Ocean Blvd in Long Beach, one evening, and as I was driveing, this Dodge van was following me for several miles. They drove behind me, along side of me, and in front of me. Really checking out my car. Back and forth several times for several miles. Then they pulled up next to me and I could hear, husband and wife arguing, The the wife stuck her head out of the passenger window and yelled out to me. "Is your car a 57 or 58? I answered 59! I have personnalized plates front and rear, "1959 GAL"

Hear's your sign!

Bob
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #7
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
We are camped near a lake and my 2 larger dogs (see picture on left) are in the water having a great time. I throw 2 balls they each swim out and bring one back. This goes on for about 30 minutes.
This man walks by and says, do they like to swim?
I reply, they don't want to drown.
Here's your sign.....

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #8
_

. , .
just about to make the first cut on a fella having a vasectomy...

he'd been fully informed. i read everything to him myself.
used pictures and models of the important parts...
he signed on several lines...

prepped, drapped and local injected...

special 'vas clamp' has been applied...

scalpel in hand and ready to cut...

he looks up and asks....

"am i gonna be able to have more kids when you are done?"

"NO" i repled. "i though you didn't want anymore children"

well he said,
"i don't want anymore with this wife. but my other one still wants a little girl"

procedure haulted...'here's your sign'

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Dogs

Hi, azflycaster. Since you mentioned dogs. Many years ago I had a pure bred Collie. [ Lassie dog, for those who don't know] A mature male Collie is supposed to weigh about 65 to 75 lbs. My Collie weighed about 127 lbs. There aren't enough signs to hand out to all the people who asked me if my dog was a Sheltie. My dog probably weighed about 100 lbs over an average Sheltie. [And for those who don't know, a Sheltie looks just like a toy Collie, but is not related.]
"Here's all of your signs"

Bob
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
here's your sign

The last day, afater the last minute of the Gold Rush Days Event was yesterday (at 5:00 p.m)...the crew and I were taking down all of the displays in our room (of the Stanford Building): photos, brochures, videos, etc all neatly placed on tables and the floor ready to be packed and boxed up..a guy comes to the door and loudly asks: 'Are you still open?'..we all told him, no (politely, of course).. I told one of the gals, see, you should have had a sign that says: yes, we're closed!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Lapeer , Michigan
I have 9 children age 18 months to 15 years old, plus I am 8 months pregnant. I get asked everywhere I go "Do you know what causes that?"by complete strangers.
My answers, depending on my mood:

"Yes, and it is fun"
"Would you like me to tell you?"
"No, they just keep showing up"
"My Momma tole me not to swaller so many watermelon seeds..."

I have often thought of wearing a shirt that says "YES< I KNOW what causes it!"
Old 09-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Not sure if this applies, but I am constantly flabbergasted by the number of people who have asked me if we ride in the trailer while on the road, while it's being towed.

??

I mean - each and every single person who's come to have a looksee at our new Airstream has asked that. Each one.

Even our insurance agent asked us that while we were finalizing the coverage documents!

wow. Either I'm naive as to people's lack of knowledge and/or stupidity, or I need to get me some new friends... Here's your sign!

Cheers!
Michelle
Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
Speaking of signs. After a record breaking rain storm a cinderblock wall next to the tiny grocery store here in Placitas collapsed. The owner got so tired of people coming in and saying "Did you know your wall fell?" that she made a large cardboard sign and put it in front of the collapsed wall. The sign said, "Yes, I know. The wall fell." And guess what? She told me people still came in and said, "Did you know your wall fell?"
Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #14
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
so I'm laying on my side having my prostate biopsy. My doc, male, informs me he will be using an assistant. In walks a gal young enough to be my daughter.Gee wiz how do you blush when all that is showing from under the sheet is your head and buttocks? Anyway this is a 4 handed procedure the doc already is wiggling the ultrasound around and the assistant is doing her best with the sample taker thing. She says 'my you have a small anus' to which I quickly replied ' that's because I'm the omly one that uses it' Dead silence. and here's your sign
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Believe it or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfrodge
Not sure if this applies, but I am constantly flabbergasted by the number of people who have asked me if we ride in the trailer while on the road, while it's being towed.
In some states, it is "not specified" as being illegal...same as a camper shell on a truck. Not that I'd do it!

Take a look at the bottom of this Towing Laws matrix under Passengers Riding in RVs.

To look up your state* or Providence check out: http://www.rvadvice.com/rvtravel.html

Shari
<On Edit> States allowing passengers in Travel Trailers are:

Arizona
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas (over 14)
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Empty box

One of my coworkers was scouring the office today looking for an empty box to pack some things in. Well there was an empty computer box in the hallway in view just outside of my office door. She comes up to the box, picks it up, holds it out toward me and says, "Is this an empty box?". Heeeeeeeeeeere's your sign!

P.S.
I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Here's your sign" to her. Too funny.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Buddy of mine was an EMT. Said he got called to a horendous wreck; a motorhome had hit an abuttment and smashed the front 50% of the vehicle beyond recognition. It was probably going 65-70mph when it hit the wall. My buddy wasn't too thrilled about the call, figuring the worst. He got there, expecting to find a grizzly scene, when he hears a voice inside. They get the guy out and he's basically unharmed. He said he was going to sue the motorhome maker for the crash. They asked him why? He said he put it on cruise control, and then went to the back to take a nap. It wasn't supposed to run off the road!

My buddy SWEARS this actually happened.

Here's his sign!
Old 09-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #18
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile What a fun thread!

Long ago we went on a tour to a cute town in Michigan called Frankenmuth, great place to visit if you come to our state. So we get the lecture about the German immigrants, see the different Bavarian traditions, etc. Sit down to eat this great German meal, this guy at our table pipes up and says "Wow, is this stuff German or something? Look at this food, I think its German..." Here's your sign...

I won't confess to all the here's your sign moments folks could use on me
Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs down Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGolden

My buddy SWEARS this actually happened.
Nope...check out snopes.com on this one.

Still deserves a sign though ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Well, it was over twenty years ago when I heard it. More like 25 actually. Heck, maybe my buddy originated the tale! Wouldn't surprise me much coming from him