Old 09-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Believe it or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfrodge
Not sure if this applies, but I am constantly flabbergasted by the number of people who have asked me if we ride in the trailer while on the road, while it's being towed.
In some states, it is "not specified" as being illegal...same as a camper shell on a truck. Not that I'd do it!

Take a look at the bottom of this Towing Laws matrix under Passengers Riding in RVs.

To look up your state* or Providence check out: http://www.rvadvice.com/rvtravel.html

Shari
<On Edit> States allowing passengers in Travel Trailers are:

Arizona
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas (over 14)
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Empty box

One of my coworkers was scouring the office today looking for an empty box to pack some things in. Well there was an empty computer box in the hallway in view just outside of my office door. She comes up to the box, picks it up, holds it out toward me and says, "Is this an empty box?". Heeeeeeeeeeere's your sign!

P.S.
I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Here's your sign" to her. Too funny.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Buddy of mine was an EMT. Said he got called to a horendous wreck; a motorhome had hit an abuttment and smashed the front 50% of the vehicle beyond recognition. It was probably going 65-70mph when it hit the wall. My buddy wasn't too thrilled about the call, figuring the worst. He got there, expecting to find a grizzly scene, when he hears a voice inside. They get the guy out and he's basically unharmed. He said he was going to sue the motorhome maker for the crash. They asked him why? He said he put it on cruise control, and then went to the back to take a nap. It wasn't supposed to run off the road!

My buddy SWEARS this actually happened.

Here's his sign!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #18
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile What a fun thread!

Long ago we went on a tour to a cute town in Michigan called Frankenmuth, great place to visit if you come to our state. So we get the lecture about the German immigrants, see the different Bavarian traditions, etc. Sit down to eat this great German meal, this guy at our table pipes up and says "Wow, is this stuff German or something? Look at this food, I think its German..." Here's your sign...

I won't confess to all the here's your sign moments folks could use on me
Old 09-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs down Urban Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGolden

My buddy SWEARS this actually happened.
Nope...check out snopes.com on this one.

Still deserves a sign though ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Well, it was over twenty years ago when I heard it. More like 25 actually. Heck, maybe my buddy originated the tale! Wouldn't surprise me much coming from him
Old 09-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #21
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
At the risk of getting "here's my sign"...

Shari,

Does that mean it's OK in Kansas to have people in your trailer as long as there are at least 15 of them?

jim
WBCCI #4362
Member, Oregon Unit 090
Affiliate Member, Washington Unit 112
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Brother not thinking

Hi, My brother has a class A motorhome. He came over to my house to see our trailer for the first time. I was showing him how we packed all of our stuff in the trailer so it will stay in place and not get all beat up. My brother said "It sure is noisey inside my motorhome [with things banging around] while driveing." "How does your trailer sound while driveing?" I, answered, I don't know I can't hear a thing from inside my Navigator!

Sorry brother, Hear's Your Sign.

Bob
Old 09-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #23
Frank S

1973 27' Overlander
peoria , Illinois
Hi Jim Golden--The motor home on cruise control is an urban legend. I heard it over 20-years ago, reported to be in Ohio.--Frank S
Old 09-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #24
Frank S

1973 27' Overlander
peoria , Illinois
Hi--Had friend in Indiana a few years ago who bought a new SOB, and took a trip with another couple. The women decided to sit on the couch in the trailer, and the men rode in the cab of the van. At the first rest stop, about 45-min into the trip, the men opened the trailer door to see how the gals were doing. The gals hopped out and were ready to kill their husbands, because they thought the guys knew how rough the ride in the trailer would be. It was a cool weekend, for the middle of July.--Frank S
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #25
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
It's been a while since we made fun of the ID10T's around us, and thought I would share another story.
One of my current co-workers that seems a bit lacking in the common-sense area was to install a piece of electronic gear in a brand-new SUV. Newer vehicles contain supplemental restraint systems, also known as airbags, that deploy in a collision. One of the things you have to do when altering the electrical gear in a vehicle with this equipment, is make sure the battery is unhooked. He didn't bother, and proceeded to hammer away at the console containing the airbag control module. Not surprisingly, the module responded to the hammer blows as if it were an impact from an accident, and deployed the airbags. If he had been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him before making that costly mistake...
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
so I'm laying on my side having my prostate biopsy. My doc, male, informs me he will be using an assistant. In walks a gal young enough to be my daughter.Gee wiz how do you blush when all that is showing from under the sheet is your head and buttocks? Anyway this is a 4 handed procedure the doc already is wiggling the ultrasound around and the assistant is doing her best with the sample taker thing. She says 'my you have a small anus' to which I quickly replied ' that's because I'm the omly one that uses it' Dead silence. and here's your sign
Tim,
Ya have a believability problem after the story you recently told about the rain, and the big wind, and the propane tanks, and the fire that burned both of your trailers, and.....
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Overhead this at a party: guests who were being introduced to this guy said he and his sister were twins..so one of the guests asked: Are you two identical?..and here's your sign!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
I Love Mustard.

I Love Mustard.
(This is a true story. If you have children you will probably relate to this young father.)

As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection: a thick slab of ham on a fresh bun with crisp lettuce and plenty of expensive, light brown, gourmet mustard. The corners of my jaw aching in anticipation, I carried it to the table in our backyard, picked it up with both hands
but was stopped by my wife suddenly at my side.

'Here, hold Johnny (our three-month-old son) while I get my sandwich,' she said.

I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and was reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a streak of mustard on my fingers.

I love mustard.

I had no napkin.

I licked it off.

It was not mustard.

No man ever put a baby down faster. It was the first and only time I have sprinted with my tongue protruding. With a washcloth in each hand, I did the sort of routine shoeshine boys do: only I did it on my tongue.

Later, after she stopped crying from laughing so hard, my wife said:

'Now you know why they call that fancy mustard Poupon.
Heeeeeeer's your sign!'

N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote