Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #85

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
With it's rivited Aluminum skin over an Aluminum structure...I think you'll be happy with the HR. We still miss our 34' Class A Presidential.

Ya' thought about Polishing it?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #86
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Good show! Let those old grumpies keep their trailer. You got a DEAL!

My dad has a 31' Holiday Rambler 5er and it's super nice. He's very happy with it, and I'm sure you will be with your's too. Even if it's not round, they are a very well made coach. And at the price you got it, you can't go wrong!

Happy camping!

Old 07-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Darol, if the one you wanted originally sits on the market long enough, maybe you can get it for $12,500 and have both trailers for what you originally were going to pay.

Gene
Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
We wanna see pictures! Way to go, Darol! It sounds like a great trailer ~ and I can vouch that you will take good care of it!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
My blog: Yreka History
Old 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #89
4 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Now it's happened to me!

We have been looking for a larger unit and we found one in the local paper, so looked at it and it's in great shape, but we needed to sell our old unit first. So we keep looking at the ad in the paper and they lowered the price, they they lowered it again, and then again, almost 5K less then when we looked. So last night we go and look at it again, and ask about price, we where told they had no intention of selling at the lower price but they had to because they used a 'sure sell' ad in the paper that made them lower the price by %5 each week!!! I'm going to counter him, but if you list it for a price you should sell it for a price! They need the money to finish a home remodel, so cash in hand might change there mind.

Sigh
Damon
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #90
4 Rivet Member

Damon, Although it probably wouldn't help, you could check in with small claims court and bring a complaint against the seller and the newspaper for false adverising. Sounds like a Dutch auction that's backfired. I think I'd bring a large friend posing as an attorney and pay them a second visit! Darol
Old 07-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #91
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
May it please the court…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darol Ingalls View Post
I think I'd bring a large friend posing as an attorney and pay them a second visit! Darol
Hunter Thomson's 300 lb. Samoan attorney, Dr. Gonzo, may be available (please see "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas").

Gene
Old 07-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Hunter Thomson's 300 lb. Samoan attorney, Dr. Gonzo, may be available (please see "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas").

Gene
But watch out for bats!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #93
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Legal Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
We have been looking for a larger unit and we found one in the local paper, so looked at it and it's in great shape, but we needed to sell our old unit first. So we keep looking at the ad in the paper and they lowered the price, they they lowered it again, and then again, almost 5K less then when we looked. So last night we go and look at it again, and ask about price, we where told they had no intention of selling at the lower price but they had to because they used a 'sure sell' ad in the paper that made them lower the price by %5 each week!!! I'm going to counter him, but if you list it for a price you should sell it for a price! They need the money to finish a home remodel, so cash in hand might change there mind.
Sigh Damon
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Damon,
Daryl is correct in his thought, get 3 or 4 copies of the ad keep a copy of the ad for yourself, the others will have to go to the court, BBB, and such, and offer them the listed price if they dont sell it at that price to you and you find out that they did sell it to another person then you do have legal action in small claims, and the BBB. I would also carry a tape recorder in your pocket and catch them admitting that they knowingly false advertised.
Question is do you really want to spend the money for a Small Claims court action? something that may take a month or longer to get them (seller and paper) in court and if the seller sells it before the court date you will be out that money, the court may grant it back to you and then again the court may not. If you do make it to court you will have to have cash in hand (or loan ready) because the judge is going to go in your favor, if you dont have the ability to pay and you go before the judge well lets just say I would not want to be in your shoes.
Like Daryl said I would take the ad with you, cash in hand, and a witness, and approach them to get them to sell it at the lower price with a bluff of legal action because of false advertising and see if they sell.
The other alternatives is contacting the BBB, the newspaper editor/ manager, let the paper know that you are going to file a complaint with the BBB on the issue and supply the BBB with a copy of the ad. I think there is a newspaper organization that oversees newspapers and addresses issues concerning false advertisement, I think it is called something to the effect of responsible journalism.
One last thing is and this is more cheaper than court, let the seller and the paper know that you are going to take out an ad in a competeing newspaper and advertise that they knowingly false advertise, that you also are going to write everyone who advertises in their paper a letter and tell them that this paper participates in false advertising and it in your mind makes you wonder what kind of business would buy ads in a paper that practices this activity, thus causing their advertisers to place pressure on the paper

Sarge
Old 07-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #94
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Nope - an ad in the paper is an invitation for you to make an offer. They have no obligation to you and you acquired no rights just because you read the ad.

Now that's not to say that these prople operate like folks I'd want to shake hands with.

Pat
Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Pat's generally correct. It's basic common law contract law but some states may have changed that. Colorado, for example, has a consumer protection act based on a model act that states can, but do not always enact. Furthermore, they can weaken or strengthen it. I've been retired so long I don't remember whether that particular fact pattern is covered.

Gene
Old 07-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #96

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I got to see Darol's new trailer last night, and he has to say nice things about the old folks now, because these old folks took excellent care of the HR. It is super nice! I can't believe he got such a deal on it! The only thing it's lacking is a shiney exterior!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #97
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
The only thing it's lacking is a shiney exterior!
That's what silver spray paint is for!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:37 AM   #98
_

. , .
well, it looks like this marauding pack of wb' tattooed old people are at it again...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...mer-43999.html

could this be the same trailer?

i sure hope so 'cuze the story just keeps adding new wrinkles!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Closed Thread