Old 12-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Virginia Beach , Virginia
$400 Million Lottery Prize

Nobody won the lottery Tuesday. Next drawing is Friday the 13th and the jackpot is up to $400 million.

So what would you do to your Airstream(s) if you won?

I'd definitely have more than one - one for the west and one for the east, and I'd have Roomba's for both of them. (I just swept last night and - wow that EB floor hides a lot of crud!) Might just get a 10 meter Avion mid-bath and have it customized to the tune of $100K.

I'd keep the Eddie Bauer but my second one? A Serenity I think.

You?

Paula

that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Windsor , Connecticut
I wouldn't change my Airstream - other than the recliner we're having installed at Jackson Center in the spring, but I would contract out a build for a classic tow vehicle with all the modern conveniences - I believe the prize winning phrase in the fantasy tow vehicle thread is "a Woody with all the goodies" :-) Either that or replace the body of my Chevy Duramax with a custom aluminum riveted body just for kicks and giggles.

I would create an essay contest and the prize would be an Airstream and TV for one family in each of the 50 unites states. I would really love to do that. For me - the Airstream has been a revelation and a life-changing purchase. It's not a toy, it's not an indulgence - its an Rx for health, curiosity and connecting with the world (that it came with some cool folks like the NEU and AirForums folks was a wonderful added benefit! ). The topic of the essay would be something like - how camping will change my life and how I will pay it forward.

I would then figure out how to build a network of Airstreamers who could become "Joe the Barber" in whatever community they can travel to. My wife works with "Joe" in Hartford helping to feed the homeless while "Joe" gives haircuts to the homeless for the price of a hug. Great story on "Joe" done by CBS Sunday Morning you can find on YouTube here: http://youtu.be/RfZwqeZO05g

I also guess I'd spend the rest of my life on Route 66 playing the role of "Joe" every now and then. :-)

It's fun to dream :-)

Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
So what would you do to your Airstream(s) if you won?
Spend more time in it. Now that I'm eligible to retire, I'm just waiting a year so I can cash out my accumulated leave time when it's at its maximum before I actually do retire. If I won the lottery, I'd retire right away and immediately start planning a trip that lasts longer than a weekend.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

"In a perfect world, I'd be given enough time to wrap up one emergency before the next one starts." Freefall2013
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lake Placid , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
I wouldn't change my Airstream - other than the recliner we're having installed at Jackson Center in the spring, but I would contract out a build for a classic tow vehicle with all the modern conveniences - I believe the prize winning phrase in the fantasy tow vehicle thread is "a Woody with all the goodies" :-) Either that or replace the body of my Chevy Duramax with a custom aluminum riveted body just for kicks and giggles. I would create an essay contest and the prize would be an Airstream and TV for one family in each of the 50 unites states. I would really love to do that. For me - the Airstream has been a revelation and a life-changing purchase. It's not a toy, it's not an indulgence - its an Rx for health, curiosity and connecting with the world (that it came with some cool folks like the NEU and AirForums folks was a wonderful added benefit! ). The topic of the essay would be something like - how camping will change my life and how I will pay it forward. I would then figure out how to build a network of Airstreamers who could become "Joe the Barber" in whatever community they can travel to. My wife works with "Joe" in Hartford helping to feed the homeless while "Joe" gives haircuts to the homeless for the price of a hug. Great story on "Joe" done by CBS Sunday Morning you can find on YouTube here: http://youtu.be/RfZwqeZO05g I also guess I'd spend the rest of my life on Route 66 playing the role of "Joe" every now and then. :-) It's fun to dream :-)
I'm with you SteveSueMac! It is absolutely Rx for the soul! The sounds of nature, children laughing and other times - just the peace and quiet is all I need to revitalize myself from a very stressful job. Paula, WHEN I went the lotto (ha), I agree with you - an airstream on the east and west but I would have to add one in the south middle and another in the north middle with vehicles waiting at all locations! Living in Florida - although I love it, makes for quite a trip to go anywhere other than Florida. Seriously, I would get my siblings and my children out of debt and make my nieces and nephews life a lot easier! I would pay my business off so that I could travel more although I would still love to work from time to time. There would be a lot of people that would benefit from my luck and I can't think of anything I would rather do! We got our Eddie Bauer 27 ordered and should take delivery in mid to late February. We sure are excited and if I don't win the lotto, at least I have that to look forward to! Good luck everyone!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Windsor , Connecticut
Sadly, the odds of winning are literally almost exactly the same whether or not you play...

:-)
Old 12-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Norfolk, In The Beautiful Saint Lawrence Valley of Far-Northern , NY, USA, PLANET EARTH
Quote:
Sadly, the odds of winning are literally almost exactly the same whether or not you play...

:-)
...with one small exception!
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
1. Pay it off!
2. Solar
3. Inverter
4. 16" wheels,and tires- imagine that-
5. Aluminum backsplash in the bathroom
6. Brown leather couch and dinette
7. Queen to 2 twin bed conversion
8. Buy another Airstream- a 3 axle 34- and pimp it out
9. Buy a 4 wheel drive tow vehicle
10. Quit work (should have been no. 1)
11. Full time
12. Spend a week at Fort Wilderness campground at Disney World
13. Whatever I want, whenever I want, and how I want to do it-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Windsor , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2XBW View Post

...with one small exception!
So you're saying there IS a chance? ;-)
Old 12-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Norfolk, In The Beautiful Saint Lawrence Valley of Far-Northern , NY, USA, PLANET EARTH
Quote:
So you're saying there IS a chance? ;-)
LESS than an ice cube's chance in hell WITH a ticket, but ZERO without!
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio
Quote:
I wouldn't change my Airstream - other than the recliner we're having installed at Jackson Center in the spring, but I would contract out a build for a classic tow vehicle with all the modern conveniences - I believe the prize winning phrase in the fantasy tow vehicle thread is "a Woody with all the goodies" :-) Either that or replace the body of my Chevy Duramax with a custom aluminum riveted body just for kicks and giggles.

I would create an essay contest and the prize would be an Airstream and TV for one family in each of the 50 unites states. I would really love to do that. For me - the Airstream has been a revelation and a life-changing purchase. It's not a toy, it's not an indulgence - its an Rx for health, curiosity and connecting with the world (that it came with some cool folks like the NEU and AirForums folks was a wonderful added benefit! ). The topic of the essay would be something like - how camping will change my life and how I will pay it forward.

I would then figure out how to build a network of Airstreamers who could become "Joe the Barber" in whatever community they can travel to. My wife works with "Joe" in Hartford helping to feed the homeless while "Joe" gives haircuts to the homeless for the price of a hug. Great story on "Joe" done by CBS Sunday Morning you can find on YouTube here: On the Road: Haircuts for the homeless - YouTube

I also guess I'd spend the rest of my life on Route 66 playing the role of "Joe" every now and then. :-)

It's fun to dream :-)
Thats a great way to help the homeless.I just said today to my caretaker,if I won that lottery,I'd have 3 churches built to serve as a feed my people for the homeless,and one for church goers,and one for everyone.I would also send out a hefty check to all members in this website to help them get there bills caught up or just to have some extra cash flow to play with.I then would pay for my physical therapy so I could walk again and also I would buy a bunch of Airstream Campers,and have a camp ground for nothing but airstream campers,I'd love to be able to help others in anyway I could.
P.S.SteveSueNac,Is that really true your wife works with that guy Joe?That video touched my heart,God Bless Your Soul,Your a good man...
Old 12-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1988 32' Excella
freeport , Ohio
Lottery winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
1. Pay it off!
2. Solar
3. Inverter
4. 16" wheels,and tires- imagine that-
5. Aluminum backsplash in the bathroom
6. Brown leather couch and dinette
7. Queen to 2 twin bed conversion
8. Buy another Airstream- a 3 axle 34- and pimp it out
9. Buy a 4 wheel drive tow vehicle
10. Quit work (should have been no. 1)
11. Full time
12. Spend a week at Fort Wilderness campground at Disney World
13. Whatever I want, whenever I want, and how I want to do it-
WOW awesome,you sure did come up with some dandy ways to spend the money,the Harley sounded really good too.I liked them all,and quit work should have been #1....
Old 02-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Hartford , Alabama
Lottery: A tax on people who can't do math.
The day I heard this I quit playing.
Tom J