Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #43
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriffrus View Post
I found out today (February 28) that starting tomorrow (March 1) the campground is raising their rates from $20 to $25 a night. Still full hookups, they have added wifi. So...

If you're planning on coming - either April or September - and haven't made reservations yet, today would be a great day to do that!
Since I was told, "You've got a spot reserved, just pay when you get here" they'll still charge the rates from when the reservation was made? Cool!

Side note, if there's going to be a potluck for the April rally, someone had better bring rice, because I'll bring a crock pot of crawfish ettouffe.
__________________

__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member
 
mgriffrus's Avatar
 
1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 320
That's my understanding.
__________________

__________________
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #45
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,135
Images: 33
I wondered how long it would take for the "food" talk to begin.
__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member
 
mgriffrus's Avatar
 
1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 320
Yes! Food! I'm all in for the potluck dinner.
__________________
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #47
Moderator
 
HiHoAgRV's Avatar

 
1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,325
Images: 29
Blog Entries: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
... I'll bring a crock pot of crawfish ettouffe.
Better make a big pot...the Rally is only a week before a bunch of us could get furloughed...
__________________
Hi Ho Silver RV! Vernon, Sarah, Mac the Border Collie -
A honkin' long 34' named AlumaTherapy http://www.airforums.com/forums/f205...num-54749.html
and a 26' '63 Overlander, Dolly http://www.airforums.com/forums/f109...ome-71609.html
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #48
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
Better make a big pot...the Rally is only a week before a bunch of us could get furloughed...
Don't I know it! Corps of Engineers— where I work— answers to Department of Defense, where the bulk of the cuts will come.

On the plus side, a lot of our funding cones from Water Resource Development Acts, not the defense budget, so Corps of Engineers might not get hit as hard as the rest of DoD. Only time will tell.
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #49
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,135
Images: 33
I am glad I retired (for the second time) from the government on Dec 31, 2012. One less thing to worry about.
__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #50
1 Rivet Member
 
RosiesGuy's Avatar
 
Pinson , Alabama
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
We'll see you there ! Hate it Doug & Maggie won't be there. Thought it first AGRV was talking about 3 Rivet Member, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
RosiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #51
New Member
 
Janie Q's Avatar
 
1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiesGuy View Post
We'll see you there ! Hate it Doug & Maggie won't be there. Thought it first AGRV was talking about 3 Rivet Member, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your FIRST post?
See y'all soon.
Jane
__________________
Janie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #52
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by stream lady View Post
Is this an open rally,we live in south La. and sound like a fun weekend?
Must be an open rally. They're letting me attend!
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #53
Moderator
 
HiHoAgRV's Avatar

 
1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,325
Images: 29
Blog Entries: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Must be an open rally. They're letting me attend!
"I've been kicked out of better places that THIS!"

Sir, please get back in the trailer....
__________________
Hi Ho Silver RV! Vernon, Sarah, Mac the Border Collie -
A honkin' long 34' named AlumaTherapy http://www.airforums.com/forums/f205...num-54749.html
and a 26' '63 Overlander, Dolly http://www.airforums.com/forums/f109...ome-71609.html
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #54
4 Rivet Member
 
mgriffrus's Avatar
 
1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Must be an open rally. They're letting me attend!
Hey! We don't discriminate. We accept all vagabonds, strays, runaways, pot-stirrers and general ne'er do wells. We also don't mind having the occasional well-behaved individual, but they tend to be a little less fun.

I'm looking forward to meeting all the new attendees and hoping to see a lot of familiar faces from the last rally. We had a Saturday night potluck last time and if that is agreeable with everyone I'd like to have another. Also, just for Maggie I'm setting dinnertime for 6:00 Saturday night over a month ahead. If it seems to be getting dark too early, we may move it up a little.

I think right now we've got at least eight attendees so far (some haven't responded yet) which was the attendance last fall and we had a blast. Hopefully the weather warming up will get people in the mood to get out and camp and they'll start looking at the calendar and find our wonderful little rally just down the street and decide to come check it out.

Now I've really got some work to do on Cousin Eddie.....
__________________
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #55
Rivet Master
 
Lily&Me's Avatar

 
2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriffrus View Post

Hey! We don't discriminate. We accept all vagabonds, strays, runaways, pot-stirrers and general ne'er do wells. We also don't mind having the occasional well-behaved individual, but they tend to be a little less fun.

I'm looking forward to meeting all the new attendees and hoping to see a lot of familiar faces from the last rally. We had a Saturday night potluck last time and if that is agreeable with everyone I'd like to have another. Also, just for Maggie I'm setting dinnertime for 6:00 Saturday night over a month ahead. If it seems to be getting dark too early, we may move it up a little.

I think right now we've got at least eight attendees so far (some haven't responded yet) which was the attendance last fall and we had a blast. Hopefully the weather warming up will get people in the mood to get out and camp and they'll start looking at the calendar and find our wonderful little rally just down the street and decide to come check it out.

Now I've really got some work to do on Cousin Eddie.....
Hey! I'm still reading this thread!

Looks like a good crowd is forming, wish we could be there.

Y'all have a great time, we'll see you at another.


Maggie
__________________
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #56
4 Rivet Member
 
mgriffrus's Avatar
 
1974 29' Ambassador
Ruston , Louisiana
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Hey! I'm still reading this thread!

Looks like a good crowd is forming, wish we could be there.

Y'all have a great time, we'll see you at another.

Maggie
I knew you would be and I hate that you guys can't make it.
__________________

__________________
mgriffrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.