Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Questions

Steve

A couple of questions:

1. Are spaces still available for the Rally?
2. The RV resort website states "no pets in summer" and to contact them regarding their "winter pet policy." Do you by any chance know which policy is in force for the rally (we have a couple dogs that will determine if we can come or not)? Their FAQ page on their website states
"Small pets are allowed in the campground only during the winter months. Due to the number of guests and the varities of pets and temperments, no pets are permitted in the regular season."
I wonder if they consider November winter months?
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Steve

A couple of questions:

1. Are spaces still available for the Rally?
2. The RV resort website states "no pets in summer" and to contact them regarding their "winter pet policy." Do you by any chance know which policy is in force for the rally (we have a couple dogs that will determine if we can come or not)? Their FAQ page on their website states
"Small pets are allowed in the campground only during the winter months. Due to the number of guests and the varities of pets and temperments, no pets are permitted in the regular season."
I wonder if they consider November winter months?
Greetings Franks and or Mike,

There are still spaces for the rally as I talked to the park yesterday. The summer season is in fact over now per them, and we will be bringing our dog with us. I believe that the no pets is due to the high volume of tubers during those months. You shouldn't have an issue getting a spot or bringing your furry friend.

It's been awhile..hope to see you there.

Steve
Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Reservations Confirmed

Thanks for the information Steve.

We are confirmed with reservations with the RV Park. I'm estimating we'll arrive from Austin Friday evening around 7 PM. We will bring a side dish for the Pot Luck dinner in the event we arrive in time to participate. Whatever you decide for Saturday dinner is fine with us, we can Pot Luck or we can dine out with the group.

Thanks for coordinating what will be a fun rally. This is really fun festival every year in New Braunfels!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Thanks for the information Steve.

We are confirmed with reservations with the RV Park. I'm estimating we'll arrive from Austin Friday evening around 7 PM. We will bring a side dish for the Pot Luck dinner in the event we arrive in time to participate. Whatever you decide for Saturday dinner is fine with us, we can Pot Luck or we can dine out with the group.

Thanks for coordinating what will be a fun rally. This is really fun festival every year in New Braunfels!

Looking forward to a great time as usual guys. We can just aim for a 6:30-7:00 start for food. I know Rich is coming from Houston, and will have to wait until Nancy is out of classes. This makes him a late arrival as well. Still hoping that a few last minute folks decide to end up joining us like their messages have said, but even if not we have a pretty good number.

Guess we can decide on Saturday evening as we get closer to the event.

Steve
Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Bringing pets?

Dress for the occasion.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
The 10 day forecast shows great weather for the rally next weekend with temps in the mid to high 70s for the high, and upper 50s overnight. A very nice break from the 90 degree plus days of late here in south central Texas. I have ACLS class at the hospital that Friday, but should still be at the park by around 2 PM. Richog has offered to bring one of his movie projectors to offer us a movie under the stars Friday night (maybe I can get him to bring his sound system too). I will also have my propane fire pit out to sit around that evening. 1 week ya'll!

Below is the schedule of entertainment for Saturday at Wurstfest.

WURSTHALLE
11:30 AM Seven Dutchmen Orchestra
3:30 PM Edelweiss Kinder Chor von New Braunfels
4:00 PM Jodie Mikula Orchestra
8:30 PM Cloverleaf Orchestra

DAS GROSSE ZELT (The Big Tent)
11:30 AM Comal Community Band
12:50 PM Terry Cavanagh & Alpine Express
2:10 PM Die Bayriche 7
3:30 PM Alex Meixner Band
4:50 PM Terry Cavanagh & Alpine Express
6:10 PM Eurofest
7:30 PM Die Bayriche 7
8:50 PM Alex Meixner Band
10:10 PM Die Bayriche 7
11:30 PM Alex Meixner Band

DAS KLEINE ZELT (The Little Tent)
11:30 AM Alpenfest
12:45 PM Kerry Christensen, Master Yodeler
2:00 PM Alpenfest
3:15 PM Eurofest
4:30 PM The Europa Band
6:00 PM Mark Halata & Texavia
7:15 PM Squeezebox
8:45 PM The Europa Band
10:00 PM Mark Halata & Texavia
11:30 PM Squeezebox

STELZENHAUS
12:00 PM Eurofest
3:00 PM Texas Sound Check Band
8:00 PM Dujka Brothers

ROAMING
ALL DAY Gator the Clown

*Other Entertainment
4 PM & 7:30 PM Old Time Melodrama - "Alice in Wurst-erland"/Circle Arts Theatre
Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #47
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Are you guys really planning a dinner at camp on Saturday? I have usually arrived a little later in the afternoon, enjoyed a nice dinner at Wurstfest.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia View Post
Are you guys really planning a dinner at camp on Saturday? I have usually arrived a little later in the afternoon, enjoyed a nice dinner at Wurstfest.

Hey Chris,

I haven't really heard from anyone other than Rich and Frank/Mike on Saturday evening. Eating at Wurstfest was a listed option as well as eating at Gristmill, Coopers, etc. I would prefer to not have a potluck Saturday evening since we would be out during the day.

Speaking of camping...what did you end up deciding this weekend?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Steve, the girls have been sick and home from school yesterday and today. The Airstream is home, but we won't camp tonight. We may camp on Saturday evening at Guadalupe river SP, depending on how they are feeling. We may also just driveway camp! Lazy, I know.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
We're cooommminnnggggg. But naturally we waited till the absolute last minute to sign up. Had to take a no sewer site. So...if anyone cancels we would appreciate it if you let us know. Probably won't get there till about 6 or 7 Friday night.
See you all soon!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
We're cooommminnnggggg. But naturally we waited till the absolute last minute to sign up. Had to take a no sewer site. So...if anyone cancels we would appreciate it if you let us know. Probably won't get there till about 6 or 7 Friday night.
See you all soon!
Hey Chuck and Skye. Glad to hear you're coming also!

Skye wanted some of the banana trees from our back yard. Check with Skye and if she is seriously wanting some we can bring some to you at the rally. Our trees have produced so many bananas this year they're coming out our ears and we've given neighbors lots and lots of bananas. I estimate there are probably close to 50 bananas hanging on the trees right now.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
See you all soon!

Well that was unexpected..totally had me fooled! Absolutely glad to hear you are coming Chuck and Skye. I will look into the park about sewer.

Frank and Mike...dare I say that a banana pudding or bananas foster would be amazing Friday night with fresh home grown bananas...just saying .

Steve

Edit: Just talked to the park. There are only 9 spots left right now. and are set up as first come first serve. If you have any inclination of attending, she suggested to book now and guarantee your spot. While these spots do not have sewer, they are bumping anyone up to full hook ups if someone cancels from the campground. Who needs a sewer for 2 nights of camping?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Frank and Mike...dare I say that a banana pudding or bananas foster would be amazing Friday night with fresh home grown bananas...just saying .
For our friend Steve? Hmmm, of course! I just need to google the recipe.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
John and Charles have a great pudding recipe that Charles brought to Branson years ago. Fosters may be a little too much work with everything that is involved. Maybe I will bring a bunch of ice cream and we can have banana splits!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Hey Chuck and Skye. Glad to hear you're coming also!

Skye wanted some of the banana trees from our back yard. Check with Skye and if she is seriously wanting some we can bring some to you at the rally. .
She said YES YES YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Well that was unexpected..totally had me fooled! Absolutely glad to hear you are coming Chuck and Skye. I will look into the park about sewer. Who needs a sewer for 2 nights of camping?
I actually came home about noon, saw the Wurstfest post pop up and we decided on the spot to come on up..Suprised us too. But it is camping weather in S Texas! And I am not worried about the sewer hookups. They said if an opening came up they would let us have it. so.. no biggy, I know how to dump at the station on the way out.
We will camp a lot in the next month or so...woo hoo!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #56
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Houston , Texas
Confirmation-Wurstfest Plans

Dottie and I would like to confirm our plans for Wurstfest. We have been waiting about 6 weeks for our AS to get back from maintenance and just got it back yesterday. We plan to take advantage of the nice weather and to arrive at New braunfels on Wednesday. We will bring a side dish to dinner on Friday.

As to dinner Saturday, I assumed we would be eating at the Wurstfest. If the group would rather go to the Grist Mill or Coopers, count us in as well. A Saturday Pot Luck would be our third choice.

Look forward to meeting new friends,
Greg and Dottie
GregU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Greg,

Glad to hear you and Dottie will be able to make it. I may just run up to New Braunfels on Wed or Thursday to say hello. Anyone else with thoughts on dinner Saturday is welcome to throw them out.

Steve
Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #58
Rivet Master

I'm eating at Wurstfest!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Houston , Texas
We should be at the RV park around 3pm. Will have a cold one waiting for you,
Greg
GregU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sounds great Greg.

Being that we won't pick up the trailer until we are in New Braunfels, we will be packing food in coolers for the trip. No sense in waiting for the fridge to cool off for over a day when we should be able to keep our milk, soda, and a few brewskies cold in the 5 Day. The only other thing we will have are the hotdogs to put in there. No crappy dogs for us this trip, ya'll are worth buying the all beef nitrate free ones .