Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Darlington , South Carolina
Rallying with small children?

We have had our "Sugar" (Cinnamon Sugar on FB) since Feb. '14, we have been on about half dozen adventures (not including the trip home from Durham, NC on the day we purchased her!). We have three kids (10, 4, & 2) so we have been somewhat selective on where we camp. I am wanting to try some rallies but not sure if this is done with small children. I am looking at attending Alumalina and Hunting Island Hiatus this fall, what opinions/suggestions/comments do you all have on this? Any and all are appreciated!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Just checked with Hunting Island State Park, only tent sites available for Hiatus weekend, maybe we can catch the next one! If anyone knows of any other rallies in November/December near the beach, please advise.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Don't give up on Hunting Island. There are always cancellations as it gets closer because things come up for people. Just keep checking.

You may want to take a look at the Canopener in January too. Every time I've been there have been families with kids there. It's a great park for kids to ride bikes.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjude View Post
Don't give up on Hunting Island. There are always cancellations as it gets closer because things come up for people. Just keep checking.

You may want to take a look at the Canopener in January too. Every time I've been there have been families with kids there. It's a great park for kids to ride bikes.

Thanks, I will not give up. I did look at Canopener, it is a little farther out than what we want to travel at this time. We would like to stay within 300 miles until we get Sugar in better condition, maybe get a newer tow vehicle and younger kids get a little older. So that mileage limit puts Jacksonville to our south, Virginia Beach (just over 300 miles) to our north and Atlanta to our west at the extreme of that radius. I have "set" this limit because of last October's VERY adventurous trip to Cherokee KOA; we learned a lot on that trip about "limits" with all three conditions listed above!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Canopener has large families attending- 5-9 or more kids-
Skatero and Pizzachop are 2 large families.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote