Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2015, 06:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Pinehurst , North Carolina
Paddle Rally in the Fall

My husband and I are kayakers and we just recently bought an Air Stream to further indulge the habit! We're interested in finding like-minded folks.

We're planning a trip to the South Carolina / Georgia coast in the late fall for camping, kayaking and fun! If anyone out there wants to join us, please do.

We'll be at the following campgrounds on these dates:

Huntington Beach SP, SC: October 23 - 26
Skidaway Island SP, GA: October 26 - 29
Crooked River SP, GA: October 29 - 31.

We'll be paddling unless the weather turns rotten or the tides aren't favorable. We're not hard-core paddlers. We're just in it for the fun!
Lynn S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Welcome. Sounds like you have the makings of an informal short caravan.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Lyn, you might like to post this on our regular thread (8 pages long) for Kayakers with Airstreams:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ams-41426.html
Nick.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Need help posting to Kayaks and Airstreams

When I click on the link, I see 53 pages of posts, but no new button to "Start New Thread." What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You don't want to start a new thread, but post a reply to that thread.....with your information in it.

That is already its own thread.

Maggie
Old 06-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Midlothian , Virginia
We have camped in South Carolina several times to Airstream & kayak. Liked Huntington Beach campground very much although we did not paddle there. We have stayed at Edisto State Park lots and love, love, love to kayak at Botany Bay preserve.
Stayed briefly at Crooked River on the way home from Florida one year. Way too cold then to kayak but looked like it would be great! Have fun!
Lucille915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #7
tamiot

2004 25' Safari
Tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn S. View Post
My husband and I are kayakers and we just recently bought an Air Stream to further indulge the habit! We're interested in finding like-minded folks.

We're planning a trip to the South Carolina / Georgia coast in the late fall for camping, kayaking and fun! If anyone out there wants to join us, please do.

We'll be at the following campgrounds on these dates:

Huntington Beach SP, SC: October 23 - 26
Skidaway Island SP, GA: October 26 - 29
Crooked River SP, GA: October 29 - 31.

We'll be paddling unless the weather turns rotten or the tides aren't favorable. We're not hard-core paddlers. We're just in it for the fun!
Lynn, my wife, Tami, and I have kayaked this area several times and enjoyed staying at Crooked River State Park. If you are you still planning on being at CRSP on Oct 29 - 31, we would possibly (weather/circumstance permitting) like to meet and join you for kayaking. Bill
tamiamiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Some family issues have put the kibosh on this plan this time. But we still have the AS and the kayaks, so maybe a rain check? Would love to meet up with like-minded paddlers. CRSP looks like it would be a lot of fun!