Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Fall Rally at Branson

We hope everyone returns who was at the wonderful Air Midwest Spring Rally. We want to see lots of new faces, too. C'mon guys, the Midwest is a BIG area with lots of Airstreamers!

To attend AIR Midwest Fall Rally, all you need to do is call Acorn Acres and reserve your site! It's the busiest (and best!) time of year in Branson, so come early if you can. We'll be asking for RSVPs so we'll have an idea how many to plan for.

We're having a barbeque contest this time, with a really good prize attached. Need input here - should a certain food be specified, or chef's choice? There's a large grill at the recreation pavilion - and a kitchen, too. I can't remember if that grill is charcoal or gas, but I'll get the details.

The after-dinner bonfire on Saturday will be an announced event so everyone knows and no one is left out. Do marshmallows and wine go together? No? Well, we'll figure out something.

I was working on entertainment for the bonfire, but I had trouble with Mr. B. - he says he will NOT dance in a Speedo in October, not his exact words, but the actual words aren't printable! And, both he and Jay said (rather more forcefully than necessary, I thought...LOL) that they weren't going to participate in a womanless beauty contest. Party poopers! Back to the drawing board on the entertainment. I guess I could sing - but coyotes and pet dogs for miles will howl, I tell ya, and plastic cups will shatter.

We hope the Pussycat Lounge is back on scene. It makes things just purrrrrr-fect. Every rally should have a Pussycat Lounge, but unfortunately, there's only one, and it's in the MIDWEST. Na Na nanana~

I understand from my co-host that she's scored more neat prizes (she's really good at it), so you guys better start working on your barbeque! This rally has a reputation for being one of the best, and it will be wonderful in the fall, too. It's small enough to get to know everyone, and informal enough not to keep us hopping from one event to another. (Having just come from Alumapalooza - I know what a BUSY rally feels like!)

We'll have an Open House, of course, purely optional for those who want to show off their 'Streams. We'll probably do the Open House as a group so everyone (even hosts) will have an opportunity to see the other Airstream Mansions.

Make your plans now for Branson and AIR Midwest October 14-16 in the glorious Ozarks! We'll be announcing more plans later.
1987 Excella 32'

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Air Midwest Fall Rally, Branson MO Oct 14-16

We hope everyone returns who was at the wonderful Air Midwest Spring Rally. We want to see lots of new faces, too. C'mon guys, the Midwest is a BIG area with lots of Airstreamers so sign up early!

To attend this rally, all you need to do is call Acorn Acres and reserve your site! It's the busiest (and best!) time of year in Branson, so come early if you can. We'll be asking for RSVPs so we'll have an idea how many to plan for.

We're having a barbeque contest this time, with a really good prize attached. Need input here - should a certain food be specified, or chef's choice? There's a large grill at the recreation pavilion - and a kitchen, too. I can't remember if that grill is charcoal or gas, but I'll get the details.

The after-dinner bonfire on Saturday will be an announced event so everyone knows and no one is left out. Do marshmallows and wine go together? No? Well, we'll figure out something.

I was working on entertainment for the bonfire, but I had trouble with Mr. B. - he says he will NOT dance in a Speedo in October, not his exact words, but the actual words aren't printable! And, both he and Jay said (rather more forcefully than necessary, I thought...LOL) that they weren't going to participate in a womanless beauty contest. Party poopers! Back to the drawing board on the entertainment. I guess I could sing - but coyotes and pet dogs for miles will howl, I tell ya, and plastic cups will shatter.

We hope the PC Lounge is back on scene. It makes things just purrrrrr-fect. Every rally should have a PC Lounge, but unfortunately, there's only one, and it's in the MIDWEST. Na Na nanana~

I understand from my co-host that she's scored more neat prizes (she's really good at it), so you guys better start working on your barbeque! This rally has a reputation for being one of the best, and it will be wonderful in the fall, too. It's small enough to get to know everyone, and informal enough not to keep us hopping from one event to another. (Having just come from Alumapalooza - I know what a BUSY rally feels like!)

We'll have an Open House, of course, purely optional for those who want to show off their 'Streams. We'll probably do the Open House as a group so everyone (even hosts) will have an opportunity to see the other Airstream Mansions.

Make your plans now for Branson and AIR Midwest October 14-16 in the glorious Ozark fall! Follow this link to sign up. Airstream Forums - AIR Midwest Fall Rally

We'll be announcing more plans later.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
We're signed up!

We're signed up to go! With all the heat, it is what we are looking forward to most! Hopefully the weather will have cooled off by then...Ha..right now it's hard to imagine! We are going to leave the weekend before and go through Arkansas first...Eureka Springs, Bull Shoals, then Branson. We are putting our new Penguin AC in this week-end, if all goes well. Have been painting this week also, in the mornings mostly. Alot to do the next several weeks to update Spud (our name for our Airstream)...but we are determined to have it ready by September. Looking forward to meeting new Airstream friends!

Debi & Jim
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
roger58

1958 26' Overlander
Independence , Missouri
Hello everyone! Looking forward to the fall rally. Made our reservation this afternoon. Looks like a couple of busy months for us.
roger58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
If we survive Eureka Springs, we'll be there!
triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
St Louis , Missouri
Air Midwest 2011 Fall Rally

Hey all,
Starting a new threat for the Air Midwest 2011 Fall Rally. Just a reminder:
we are reserved at Acorn Acress RV Park the weekend of October 14th and 15th. Please get your individual reservations made, if you haven't done so already. They have promised to keep us all together this time. More details to come. Lawchick, jump in here...
Ridgebackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Central , Oklahoma
Reservations are made and we can't wait to see the gang again.
Hiwheel Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Wish we could join, but our Oklahoma rally is the same weekend. Spent a few days last week at Lake Elmer Thomas, Lawton, OK with grandkids. It was 114 during the day and the airstream was 91 when we come in from the water. By morning the kids were grabbing cover. I am sure my grandkids will remember the summer it was so hot and we were camping in the airstream.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
I just ran accross the Fall Branson event and will call Acorn Acres on Monday to see if a site is available, if so Charles and I will make plans to attend this event, the possible entertainment may be unforgettable. I will you know if we have reservations. John
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #10

Olathe , Kansas
Sorry you can't make it! We will have to leave very early at 6 am Sunday or Saturday. I have to go to Portland and my 4 hr flight leaves at 1:45 on Sunday. ;(

Have a good rest of the season!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #11

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&C
I just ran accross the Fall Branson event and will call Acorn Acres on Monday to see if a site is available, if so Charles and I will make plans to attend this event, the possible entertainment may be unforgettable. I will you know if we have reservations. John
It will be nice to meet you both. How is he feeling? The Air Midwest group has really good rally's and lots of fun raffle prizes! We keep growing with new attendees every rally so lots of new people to meet!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #12

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger58
Hello everyone! Looking forward to the fall rally. Made our reservation this afternoon. Looks like a couple of busy months for us.
I can't wait to see your AS in person! Was it a 58?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&C View Post
We in, Reservations have been made, look forward to seeing everyone, John & Charles
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Hey Ederbody,
(That's what my grandson used to say)
Well, it's getting close. Ray and I need to get our tails in gear. We've been dealing with (YUCK) the problems of a grown up kid, and we've put 6,000 miles on ole Esmerelda since we attended our very first rally last spring. We went to Alumapalooza. We'll tell ya'll all about it around the campfire. It would have been GREAT if all our friends from Midwest could have been with us. We were kinda' lonely but made some new good friends I hope will join us at our rally.

Ridgebackmom has been twisting arms for prizes and I haven't done much, but I do have a few prizes and will quickly assemble some more good stuff to bring. If anyone has something he or she would like to contribute as a prize, we'd love it!

We're changing things as to how we do the Open House. This time we are going as a group, and after we tour a traylah, the owner can jump back in the group. We will all start together and finish together. This way no one has to stay home and be host - just be host when we get to your "house" and we move on. Then we can all have an informal get-together before retiring to prepare for dinner and vote the best presentation. (Cookies influence this voter!) There were wonderful presentations last spring. Of course, the open house is optional, and you can tour everyone else's without even opening your own traylah if you wish.

This rally is pretty laid back and one where we like gathering and telling tales (mostly on each other!). As we all get better acquainted, we become a stronger group. That's what it's all about - hanging with our pals and building lifelong friendships while sharing Airstream knowledge.

We will honor the person or persons who come the farthest to attend the rally. Don't know quite how yet, but we'll figure out something...(evil wicked grin).

We are going to have a big ole outdoor dinner, hopefully in the pavilion featuring barbeque Saturday night. Every cook can put his favorite thing on the grill or in the crockpot or whatever, then we'll put it all together and decide who is the best cook. In most families, the person at the grill will be the dominant male Airstreamer....but some of us female types also do a mean barbeque, grilled or crocked (heh) chunk of meat. I think an all day barbeque pork butt in my crock pot might be in our future, too.

The family member not doing said grilling can bring a bread, slaw, beans, or dessert, or whatever you want to eat. I would remind everyone: Wal-Mart SELLS lots of dessert stuff, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. Girls, let's make this one easy on ourselves. I didn't get to visit with the other women last spring as much as I wanted - cause we were all COOKING! I know it's fun for me to cook in my AS, but I don't wanna' do it much during the rally. I want more time to just visit.

We need suggestions for games you would like to play. I have several icebreakers in mind you'll either hate or love, but you will laugh. Ray and Jay, those ole poops, (beloved spouses to me and Ridgeback Mom) say they won't participate in "no **** all male beauty contests" so I reckon that's out. Dang.

Branson is so, so gorgeous in the fall. If it rains, we have a basement and a screened pavilion to choose from for our gathering Saturday night. Hopefully, we'll have a dry night. Branson can get very cool in October at night, as all you midwestern folks know, so bring a sweater for the cocktail campfire!

Ray and I will work on a flier after I talk to Ridgeback Max's mom some more. I think we're bringing Teddy, the old warty Bichon, this time. He's getting too old for us to leave.

I can't wait to see everyone. We'll email a flier to everyone who was there last year and post it here, too. Get your reservations in! Acorn Acres is good to us, but if we don't have all our blocks filled, they tend to fill in with folks who aren't there for the rally. We would prefer that not happen, unless said people would like to join our rally!

Also, if you don't have your dream AS yet, come on anyway. We had people come in SOBs last year, and there are even cabins at the campground and tent sites...we do not mistreat these people other than give them a worse-than-ever case of "Aluminitis." We LOVE having new folks join us, Airstreams or not.

Please use the rally calendar in AIRFORUMS (here) to rsvp. There is no fee associated with this rally other than the campground fee. Also, I might mention, this campground has the most wonderful private showers and bathrooms we've encountered on our travels. Others have been nice, but none are so private.

I bet everyone has lots of stories to share of the summer's travels! See you in October! Please keep posting to this thread so we can keep the rally in everyone's mind and get more people to join us. I'd like to fill up our block of reservations (they are all in a group so we can socialize easier) and ask for more! The more who come, the deeper our discount at the campground.

Oh, and btw, Ray and I are arriving at Acorn Acres on Monday, so anyone else who wants to come early, come on! Ridgeback Max and his family will arrive early, too. All of us will have a little more experience this time. We were both new to Airstreaming and the rally in the Spring. AIR Midwest was our first. Luckily, we had people there who were old hands and helped us out immensely.

We'll be posting more often now that the rally is less than two months away, so feel free to join in the discussion.

Carol

Reba McEntire

Old 08-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
St Louis , Missouri
Thanks Lawchick! Let's keep this going.... Hope to hear from everyone soon!
Ridgebackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Here's information for Acorn Acres, the campground in Branson which will host the AIR Midwest Fall Rally. The info is on the rally calendar, too. Don't forget to make reservations for this fun, laid back, Ozark Mountain rally. Branson in October is simply the best place to be!

Acorn Acres RV Park And Villas
159 Acorn Acres Lane

Lo -93.944198 Lat 36.687121
Branson, MO 65615
Toll Free: (800)338-2504
Phone: (417)338-2500
Fax: (417)338-5049

E-Mail: camp@bestbransonrvpark.com

WEB:Acorn Acres RV Park and Villas Home page, Ozark Mountain camping near Branson Missouri, and Table Rock Lake

Some other fun links of things to do:
Great Deals on Branson Shows and Hotels - Branson on the Web
Branson.com : The Official Branson Website

Follow our Rally page at:

Reba McEntire

Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Hi Lawchick and Ridgebackmom, we are new to the group and have made our reservation and posted on the other forum thread, but wanted to let you know so we can stay informed. So, for sure we will be bringing food for the Sat. night barbeque and will have Spud ready to tour after being remodeled...we're still working on it!
Let us know if there is anything else to bring...I will be thinking of something to bring as a prize. Can't wait to meet everyone!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Thumbs up Fall in Branson!

It's so HOT this afternoon. I'm looking forward to mid- October at Acorn Acres Campground in Branson and the AIR Midwest Rally. Silver Dollar City is practically next door, and it's so wonderful in the fall.

Plan to be with us for this fun rally October 14-16 All you need to do is reserve your site with the campground and rsvp on the calendar here in AirForums so we can keep up with how many to expect. Tell the CG you're with AIR Midwest Airstreamers so you'll get the discount. It's based on how many attendees we have as to how deep our discount. We're staying the whole week before the rally and several others will come early and maybe stay late, too.. Much to see and do in Branson and surrounding area!

Here's information for Acorn Acres Campground in Branson
Acorn Acres RV Park And Villas
159 Acorn Acres Lane
Lo -93.944198 Lat 36.687121
Branson, MO 65615
Toll Free: (800)338-2504
Phone: (417)338-2500
Fax: (417)338-5049

E-Mail: camp@bestbransonrvpark.com

WEB:Acorn Acres RV Park and Villas Home page, Ozark Mountain camping near Branson Missouri, and Table Rock Lake

Reba McEntire

Old 08-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
I made are reservations today. We should arrive Friday mid-day.

See y'all then.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Just made our reservations.

Brad, your gonna have to manage CK... I need a break,

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags