Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #101
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Yes byoGlass............and it's site 27. Looks like I will bring alcohol since I cant bring myself to make Ahi Tuna with bbq sause!
Kathy just informed me that she is going to try chicken and dumplings in the dutch oven. guess we better get to practicing!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #102

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane
Yes byoGlass............and it's site 27. Looks like I will bring alcohol since I cant bring myself to make Ahi Tuna with bbq sause!
Kathy just informed me that she is going to try chicken and dumplings in the dutch oven. guess we better get to practicing!
Yum! Better get to practicing! I think you will fit in just fine.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Post Friday night informal. Saturday barbeque.

Brad, it would be great if you and Zell bring appetizers! We'll have some chips and dip, etc. available. Ray and I may put some hamburgers on the grill and bring them over. Maybe hotdogs, too. Everyone can basically do whatever they want about dinner Friday night, but we're hoping to hang out together most of the afternoon and evening. Friday night isn't really a potluck, because some of us don't want to cook two nights. We don't mind if our mates do, though.

The Friday Meet and Greet is the part of our rally that will be very KISS style - "Keep It Simple, Stupid", no offense, I just heard someone using that term in referring to another rally). Friday night the emphasis is on meeting old friends and making new "old" friends. Everyone is welcome to bring supper, or eat and then come down, or come down and then go eat, or eat whatever is around (there will be hickory nuts on the ground by now - just kidding). The grills will be available if anyone wants to cook hamburgers, or bring other food for themselves and grill it while visiting.

There will be coffee and tea available at the rec room throughout the rally. If you go in and there isn't any, make more. That's our style.

The group meal is Saturday night, where participants will try to win the "best barbeque" contest. Here's your chance, grill lords. However, the food can be cooked any way - grill, slow cook, roasted, smoked, etc. We will vote on the "best barbeque" by secret ballot. Everyone can add whatever they would normally want with the barbeque, be it chips, beans, 'taters, etc. Then we'll all share it. Hmmm, sounds just like a dadgummed potluck. There will probably be cake or something decadent courtesy of people like me who like to cook, or courtesy of some baker in Branson if I'm not in the mood! Whatever you do for Saturday night, the food should be ready by 6 p.m.

Yum, someone said chicken and dumplings? It would be good, too, in case someone or a few someones don't wanna' be eatin' no barbequed stuff for supper. Personally, I have Zantac, and enough to share. But, I love me some chicken and dumplings.

For Saturday night, it's supposed to be the men cooking, but Shane, if you really can't find the stove, er, grill...I guess Kathy will have to pinch hit for you! We're going to give you trouble about it, though. LOL

I gotta' be honest, I hope the chicken n' dumplins' don't win the barbeque contest. That would be sooooo hard to explain and probably cause a controversy like W....oh, no, er, can't say that.... well, cause a fuss like people get into sometimes.

Mr. B is will have some good pulled pork roast which is very much barbeque, but never hits a barbeque grill. I guess I can make some bonanza beans to help feed the masses. But I have to warn you, there's several women (you know who you are!) on this trip who ain't gonna' cook. Ain't happening. End of story. Nada. So bring rations. Pretend you're at deer camp. Or fishing. Or on an overnight float trip. You get my drift. I don't think your wives are going to feed ya' on Saturday night.

As for other meals - it's common for a bunch of early birds to get up and go out to breakfast at some good place Don and Jeri found. I forget where they went, cause I was one of the ones who did not get up. Most campers are early birds. Not me, so much. They didn't bring me a danged piece of bacon, even. In fact, there is even some minor disapproval shown toward my habit of sleeping a good chunk of the morning away. But, I don't fuss at people who go to bed early....so,

If some of you want to get together to cook breakfast, the rec room will be available, with kitchen. Just clean up your mess and turn out the lights. There will be coffee available. Bring your own bacon and eggs. However, if the majority want to have breakfast together on Saturday, or Sunday...that can happen. This rally is evolving as it grows and there are no hard and set rules. Yet. Although the wives aren't gonna' cook.....LOL, did I mention that already?

I can smell Ozark campfires already. Bring wood if you want. The campground sells little bundles...but you know how that is. I think we dragged up and burned a few fallen TREES last spring. The storms leave quite a lot of deadwood around. Every campsite has a fire pit big enough for a good sized campfire. Bring marshmallows. And, was it bloody marys? I'm just not sure how it's gonna' taste, though...

It's still not too late to join us! We have 22 spaces reserved for this rally, although one person has two spaces held. We aren't sure if they are using both or were just holding it for a second traylah.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Reminder

Please make sure you go to the rally calendar and rsvp. That's the only way we have of keeping up with who is coming. We have 22 reserved spots according to the campground, but don't have that many rsvps on the calendar. Trying to keep a close headcount so we can do a good job of hosting. We know Don and Jeri are coming, so we've accounted for them. Don don't do no dang blame computer! Hmmm, come to think about it, I'm not picturing him cooking, either. We can talk about him, cause it's a sure thing he is NOT on the computer. LOL And cause we love him.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #105
Not your average Tiki

1968 26' Overlander
Columbia , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane View Post
My plan is to leave Wentzville around 10 and that would put me at Lebanon around 11:15 give or take. Where does 54 hit Columbia? My mom lives out south on 63. I can be in her driveway in a hour and thirty. Is that a good guess on your trip to Ledanon?
I googled the route (Wentzville to Lebanon coming through Union to St. Clair and down I-44) and it says 149 miles or 2hrs 52 mins. Pulling at 60 MPH it comes out to 2 hrs 48mins.

Hwy. 63 goes south from Columbia to Jefferson City and connects with Hwy. 54. From Columbia to Lebanon the drive is 113 miles for a total of 2 hrs and 7 mins. I don't pull very fast and tend to take my time, so around 2 hrs is right.

We would want to be in Lebanon around 11am so that would put you leaving Wentzville at 8am. If it won't work out no worries we'll see each other down the road.
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 AM   #106
Not your average Tiki

1968 26' Overlander
Columbia , Missouri
Trailer Crawl?

Any thoughts about a Trailer Crawl or Open House?

At other rallies we've attended, typically on Saturday afternoon, everyone hosts a trailer crawl. You can have cocktails or not, but it gives everyone a chance to see differnt kinds of rigs. What seemed to work best at the 1st Iowa TAC rally was moving from trailer to trailer in one group
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #107

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman
Any thoughts about a Trailer Crawl or Open House?

At other rallies we've attended, typically on Saturday afternoon, everyone hosts a trailer crawl. You can have cocktails or not, but it gives everyone a chance to see differnt kinds of rigs. What seemed to work best at the 1st Iowa TAC rally was moving from trailer to trailer in one group
There is an open house on Saturday and I believe it will be one group touring together. Carol will post the schedule in a couple days but I always thought it would be fun to have a progressive cocktail party sometime but maybe more of an evening event. Spring might be a fun time to do it.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #108
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Carol, whats wrong with Dutch Oven cooking?
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Not a thing wrong

Drew, there's not a thing wrong with dutch oven cooking. And I know whatever you and Carol do, it will be scrumpdelicious.

Also, we are having a "group" open house, which means we will all visit each trailer that is open for "open house" together. If anyone wants to serve, soda, or whatever, during their open house, that's fine. It will be before dinner on Saturday night. We start it early in the afternoon because SOME of us must have food ready for Saturday dinner. We can go as fast or slow as the group prefers. There is a prize for best presentation - so the best wine, etc., could win! I will post the schedule as soon as I hear from Terry.

Brad, I'm going to send you a copy of the schedule, too, so you can let me know if you think we've forgotten anything.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #110

Olathe , Kansas
I'm sure it looks great! I'm so excited about your planning! Sounds fun! Were sad we will miss the open house since were leaving Saturday afternoon. Stupid work!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
I know. I so hate that y'all have to leave early. It's a bummer. The afterparty won't be the same for sure. But we'll try to go on without you, sniff, sniff, cause we know y'all would want it that way. Since you're leaving Saturday, we may have to just go ahead and have a lot of fun on Friday, too!

Reba McEntire

Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #112
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Jo Ann and I (and possibly our daughter) will be visiting you only Saturday for the tour and some visiting afterward. We need to be in Springfield for dinner that night, or we'd like to stick around and enjoy some of the barbeque.

We're particularly interested in talking to anyone who is full-timing and/or is in a 30+ foot Airstream. Yes, we're getting excited.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #113
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
Have been lurking hoping things would work out for us to attend.
I found that our power supply is on the fritz. Thought it was fixed, but had it checked yesterday and need to order a new power supply and get it installed.
So much for the trip!!
Have a good time,
Bob
triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #114
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenet
I found that our power supply is on the fritz. Thought it was fixed, but had it checked yesterday and need to order a new power supply and get it installed.
So much for the trip!!
Have a good time,
Bob
We can get you power!!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #115

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenet
So much for the trip!!
Have a good time,
Bob
But you have to come! I was looking forward to seeing all again and your AS would be a top contender for best open house! You will all be missed.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Oh, hate to hear that! Yeah, I bet we could figure out a way to get you power.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #117
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
AIR Midwest Fall Rally 2011 ~ Schedule

Here's the schedule. There will be printed copies available at the rally.
Attached Files
File Type: doc FALL AIR MIDWEST SCHEDULE.doc (95.0 KB, 96 views)

Reba McEntire

Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #118

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick
Here's the schedule. There will be printed copies available at the rally.
I don't see it but I'm on the iPhone.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #119
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Question about this quote from lawchick, "One thing: If you come in from back toward Silver Dollar City, there's a big dip right where you must turn left into the campground. We all learned from the last rally that it isn't as bad as it seems. You watch the last car go into the dip, wait until it passes, and then turn in. The other option in to come in from the other direction so it isn't necessary to turn left off Highway 76. It's out away from town enough that the traffic isn't bad unless SDC is opening or closing for the day. There's a Wal-Mart and restaurants very near, so we found that very convenient when we didn't want to go into the main part of town."
We're not familiar with this area and was wondering if you could be more specific, like, is it better to come in from east or west on 76? Would like to avoid it, if possible, or we will just go really slow and wing it! We'll be there early Thurs. so we can help be the welcoming committee! Also bringing a couple of our old ugly tarps, but they will work!...and a staple gun...and food...and our home-made margaritas...yee haw! We're leaving in the morning and going to the White River/Bull Shoals area first, then to Branson, but will have our computer with us.
Can't wait to meet everyone...sounds like fun to us!
Debi & Jim
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Debi & Jim, Great that you're at BSWR State Park! I love that area. Once lived at Bull Shoals. Served as Police Chief there in the 80s.

Ray just looked up the map- it's hard to explain but easy to do. Branson now has many roads to avoid the hwy 76 strip. Look on one of the maps - we use google maps. Look up Branson West and Acorn Acres Campground. If you are Westbound from Branson on 76 you will have to negotiate the hairy left turn. But if you get off 65 North before you get to Branson, you can approach Acorn Acres from the west, eastbound, & voilà ! Right turn, Clyde, into Acorn Acres.

If that doesn't work for you, call me! I'll come direct traffic for you. I'll just stop it until you get in! I have experience! Course now, they'd just call 911 and tell em there's a crazy ole lady in the road.

Reba McEntire

Tags
air, branson, fall, midwest, ozarks