Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #81

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane
I just had a really good thought!!!! I can bring my metal tools and my water heater............and watch someone cut a hole in the side of my cloud! There would be a prize for it too! How do I add that contest to the itinerary?
Brave soul! There may be a couple of takers.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
And watchers...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #83
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane View Post
I just had a really good thought!!!! I can bring my metal tools and my water heater............and watch someone cut a hole in the side of my cloud! There would be a prize for it too! How do I add that contest to the itinerary?
Starting in on the margaritas already?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #84

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew05
And watchers...
Are you and Carol coming?? We miss our MO friends!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #85
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
If I even thought there would be one taker I would pack all my tools in a heart beat hahaha. I do plan on looking over every stream, taking notes and pics. I will need a few different takes on how people ran pipes, tanks and vents.
Since we will be newbs to a rally of any kind and won't know any if ya's let me introduce ourselves.
I am Shane and the wife is Kathy. We live in Wentzville Mo. I work for Sysco foods. Kathy is a RN at Mercy St. Johns. She is a NICU nurse, she takes care of sick new born's. I turn wrenches on forklifts. The 53 cloud we have is the one Steve started working on. We have had it since july last year. I hope to have some more wood in it by the........maybe the table!!! We are both looking forward to meeting y'all. Oh one more thing. We will be putting up the awning for the first time so I need two peoples help. One to really tell me how to do it and one to get it on video!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
That awning thing! First time we took ours out, awning wouldn't fully extend. So we just used it at rally angle- not completely up. But airstreamers are helpful folk- and several times when we set up, a fellow streamer would come along & tell us our awning wasn't up right, and then try to help us put it up.

Finally, we got to Ray's brother's house in Florida, and took the arm off, straightened it, and voilà, awning fully up.

At the end of the trip, we put up some photos and sure enough, several friends sent messages to tell me - the awning ain't up right!

But it all goes around. We were later able to help another friend get his pesky awning up. We'll help you to death, probably. Everybody loves a project. Bring your stuff. We might get something done. But BEFORE da drinks!

Someone helped us with our hot water heater last spring at the rally. Another pesky thing.

Can't wait for the rally. It's as much fun to see the works in progress as the finished rigs.

It's only 10 days till AIR Midwest! Less for us. We're sneaking in early.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Seriously, can't wait to see that 53 Cloud! And pleased to meet y'all. We're Ray & Carol. We'll be watching for you.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #88

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
If I even thought there would be one taker I would pack all my tools in a heart beat hahaha. I do plan on looking over every stream, taking notes and pics. I will need a few different takes on how people ran pipes, tanks and vents.
Since we will be newbs to a rally of any kind and won't know any if ya's let me introduce ourselves.
I am Shane and the wife is Kathy. We live in Wentzville Mo. I work for Sysco foods. Kathy is a RN at Mercy St. Johns. She is a NICU nurse, she takes care of sick new born's. I turn wrenches on forklifts. The 53 cloud we have is the one Steve started working on. We have had it since july last year. I hope to have some more wood in it by the........maybe the table!!! We are both looking forward to meeting y'all. Oh one more thing. We will be putting up the awning for the first time so I need two peoples help. One to really tell me how to do it and one to get it on video!
We can't wait to see your AS! There will be several vintage units to see and I'm sure you will get some ideas and have a blast!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #89
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
St Louis , Missouri
Hey Shane and Kathy, just wanted to introduce ourselves, too. We are Jay and Terry from St Louis. We live in south county in Oakville. Spend a lot of time in Wentzville, though. Most of my family lives in Wentzville and we have a new AS from Bill Thomas RV. Can't wait to meet you. And you'll have lots of interest in your vintage Cloud. This group likes vintage. Not sure why we got invited back with our shiny new stream. Hehe!!!
Ridgebackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #90

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgebackmom
Hey Shane and Kathy, just wanted to introduce ourselves, too. We are Jay and Terry from St Louis. We live in south county in Oakville. Spend a lot of time in Wentzville, though. Most of my family lives in Wentzville and we have a new AS from Bill Thomas RV. Can't wait to meet you. And you'll have lots of interest in your vintage Cloud. This group likes vintage. Not sure why we got invited back with our shiny new stream. Hehe!!!
Because it's big! Where do you think were going to hang out!! I can't wait to hear about your trips.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #91
Not your average Tiki

1968 26' Overlander
Columbia , Missouri
Anybody headed down on Friday and want to caravan in? We'll be headed down I-44 to 65 south on Friday.
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
You betcha, that shiny new rig is big! And also, we all love Max. He kinda makes up for the newness.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #93
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Tikiman I will be hitting 44 on Friday. What time are you leaving and where from?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #94
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Thumbs up 65 South...to Branson

I'm trying to adjust the schedule to make it down the 14th.

Got a lot of things going on right now. I've been busy.

Did I tell you that my grandsons and I went to Chicago this summer? We hauled our old bus up there. We were in a McDonald's commercial.

Here's a link: busplunge: British McDonald's Commercial featuring the bus

Regina and I did find time to run up to St. Louis for a week in the Airstream. We stayed in Fenton at Belleville Mobile Home Park and RV Estates. It was a nice place.

Here are some photos: busplunge: I've been busy.....

Throw in some health problems and a trip to Florida and the summer just flew by! I am wanting to make the trip to Branson.....

Jim
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #95
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Arrow

Hi Everyone,
Just to let you know what's going on at AIR Midwest Fall Rally Headquarters - we have a schedule which has been sent to my other two co-hosts for approval and once we get it right, we'll be posting it here.

I can tell you this: The rec room at the campground is ours from Friday through Sunday - and we may be able to sneak in early if no one has booked it for Thursday. It has a kitchen we can use, plenty of big coffee urns, tea or punch kegs, etc. The only hitch is that the rec room is a very nice room with plenty of room for us, BUT, has screens instead of glass in the wraparound windows. Sooooo, if it's cold, we will need to temporarily enclose it. All tarps, visqueen, staple guns, tacks, etc., will be welcome. If you aren't coming until Friday, we may have it "built" by then if it looks like it will be cold or rainy. We have stove, microwave, sink, refrigeration, etc., in the kitchen nice kitchen.

There are three 23" x 38" grills at the rec room site, if you are planning on cooking on the community grills. They are charcoal grills, so we all need to contribute to the fires. The barbeque contest allows you to cook anything you want, anyway you want it, and then we'll share it all. Winner will be determined by secret ballot, so you can vote for yourself! (Who sez' 'streamers don't have (no) rules! LOL The caveat is that is has to include barbecue flavor - from bottle, homemade, whatever type you want...preferable red and smoky tasting. Or hot and blue. We don't give a hoot, but it might be hard to get folks to taste it if it's purple or blue.....I dunno. You'll need to bring other stuff you want with your meat, store-bought is fine. I may cook up a pot of beans. May even make a cake, since I know you're coming! I cook pretty good, some say. So does Jeri and a bunch of others, but we're on strike and not cooking our rally away!

This is shaping up to be one great rally. It's not too late. There are still campsites available, but maybe not in our little "block", but the campground ain't that big, and we never leave anyone out. We will bother you no matter where you park! This is a wild bunch of crazy people, with a few sane people to keep things in hand.

On Friday night, we're going to get together in the rec room, but the ALL FEMALE host committee has decided no cooking. Bring some cookies, buy McDonalds on the way, whatever, and prepare to get together at the rec room for a meet and greet. BYOB whether it be water, soda, or.......whatever. Sharing is nice. LOL If you are coming in really late, we may not discover you until morning....but don't count on it!

We're getting excited now!
Terry & Phyllis, check your emails.
See you all soon.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #96

Olathe , Kansas
No cooking! What??? McDonalds. Hmmm. What if we bring appetizers? Were missing out on Saturday so with y'alls blessing Zell and I could provide apps to go with the water....
Old 10-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #97
Not your average Tiki

1968 26' Overlander
Columbia , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoshane View Post
Tikiman I will be hitting 44 on Friday. What time are you leaving and where from?
We'll be getting on the road early to mid-morning and head south from Columbia on Hwy 54 and then Hwy 7 I believe. We'll get on I-44 at Lebanon. take I-44 to Hwy. 65 and then go south toward Branson. Looks like we can take the High Road (465) toward Silver Dollar City and pick up 76 toward Acorn Acres.

If you're heading down I-44 Friday morning maybe we can arrange to meet up?
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #98
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
ok here come the questions..............Will every meal be held as a group? Will I be cooking my own meals? Will anyone do jager bombs with me? Can will build a big fire? I will bring wood. The wife and I do not cook much so I need a few things I can cook for the group.............yes tell me a dish to bring. I need time to practise it! Bloody Merrys will be served at 9am sharp! We make those very well since the aint no cookin envolved. oh the dish I get assigned to me............how big? I will be bringing my dog but he stays in the camper.....hes old and cranky.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #99
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
We'll be getting on the road early to mid-morning and head south from Columbia on Hwy 54 and then Hwy 7 I believe. We'll get on I-44 at Lebanon. take I-44 to Hwy. 65 and then go south toward Branson. Looks like we can take the High Road (465) toward Silver Dollar City and pick up 76 toward Acorn Acres.

If you're heading down I-44 Friday morning maybe we can arrange to meet up?

My plan is to leave Wentzville around 10 and that would put me at Lebanon around 11:15 give or take. Where does 54 hit Columbia? My mom lives out south on 63. I can be in her driveway in a hour and thirty. Is that a good guess on your trip to Ledanon?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #100

Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
ok here come the questions..............Will every meal be held as a group? Will I be cooking my own meals? Will anyone do jager bombs with me? Can will build a big fire? I will bring wood. The wife and I do not cook much so I need a few things I can cook for the group.............yes tell me a dish to bring. I need time to practise it! Bloody Merrys will be served at 9am sharp! We make those very well since the aint no cookin envolved. oh the dish I get assigned to me............how big? I will be bringing my dog but he stays in the camper.....hes old and cranky.
You better bring lots of mix! What site are you in? The line might start @ 7 AM do we our own glasses? It sounds like the only group meal will be Saturday and it's a BBQ contest so bring your A game, or just lots of alcohol and you will be a shoe in! We can't wait to see everyone.

Tags
air, branson, fall, midwest, ozarks