The link works, thanks for posting.

Drew

Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #212
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
St Louis , Missouri
Hey all,
Sheinfields plus mom are home safely!
I'm not sure we can top that. Absolutely the best time. Outstanding people, awesome food, fun around the fire, and the music was kickin'.
THANK YOU to my co-hostesses, Carol and Phyllis. You ROCK!!! AND thank you to everyone for pitching in. Every time I turned around someone was offering to help or just took over a task so I could keep moving.
I loved all the trailers...what can I say, the creativity and talent is something to aspire to. Right now the biggest modification we have in the new stream is a comforter from home to replace the tacky airstream spread and I did get really bold and put a 3-M removable hook in the bathroom. Whoo hoo I'm on my way to customization.
Pictures to come shortly.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #213
4 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Terri,

The good thing is the adhesive can be easily removed with out damaging the finish. I have always gone up a size on the hooks, and removed heavy or awkward sized frames during transit.

Oh yea, our tacky airstream spread was put back in the bag before we drove off the lot...
Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #214
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
I think I will set up a photo album for Air Midwest so that everyone can upload their photos and we can view them as a slideshow to make it easier to see them. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!! I want them all together..... Virgo

Is that OK with everyone since I wasn't even there....hahahhahah But I have the excuse of being 6800 miles away on an island
Great idea! Thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #215
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
OOOOOO! you guys had so much fun. Looking forward to the spring rally. I vote for keeping it where it is at the present RV park. They have been so good to us for the last three rallies.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #216
Not your average Tiki

1968 26' Overlander
Columbia , Missouri
AIR Midwest Fall Rally

JoAnne and I had a great time! Thanks for all the hard work in putting this together.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #217
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Kathy and I have put our name in to helping run the next rally. Since the last one was our first I don't think we are ready to run one. I would not rule out running one with some direction from our Mayor HAHA

We were not at the spring rally so all I can go by is what I heard last weekend. It was cold and rainy! I also heard a few say that maybee early to mid May would be a better time for a spring rally. Seems like a month later might led us to warmer weather. As far as moving campgrounds..............I liked Acorn alot and they did give us red carpet treatment. Free use of the building was extra cool and keeps money out there for other uses like Vodka!

Kathy and I need a date for a spring rally as soon as we can set one since our vacation time needs to be set in December. We both want to get there a few days early this time and stay the Monday after.

Since the spring rally is typicaly smaller............again I do not know this I just overheard it. I was thinking about a progressive happy hour (hours??) we bounce from trailer to trailer and try different drinks and finger foods. Maybee JoAnne will bless us with some more of that drink she made. We could also make it a poker run for a nice prize.

Wow I really to ramble on! I am done for now.

Ohh one more thing...............GO CARDS!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #218
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Yes an album where whoever wants to upload photos could do so was what I was thinking. There used to be an awesome program from apple that we used with the help of one of our streamers but Apple no longer offers that... I tried on Flicker and one other to set something up but ran out of time...I will try again tomorrow..maybe photobucket...
Steve Burrows started Air Midwest. I have his email if you would like to contact him. I think he is soldiermedic on the forum. I am proud of the group and how much it has grown.... We have been just about every park in Branson and I think Acorn Acres is the best. You could try the lake but it does not have cable, internet or nice bath facilities. We seem to love the AA as a great place to gather. I also like the storm shelter which no one else has in branson.....just my thoughts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawChick View Post
Kani, I think it would be cool to assemble the photos. You do mean on AIR Forums? I'm not so good with it, and don't know how to make an album on it.

Also, at the rally we were talking about getting the history of AIR Midwest put together. I think Steve started it in 2007, but it wasn't always at AA was it?

It's growing nicely. I mean who doesn't want to go to Branson in spring and fall? And hang out with other AS folks? Oh, yeah!
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #219
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Just throwing things out there - but what about the first weekend in May? I'm afraid if we go too far into the month of May there are too many school things, graduations, etc., going on. We don't want to hit Memorial Day for sure - because of crowds, I'd think. But it's not always cold and rainy April 15. Maybe if we just move another couple of weeks into the first weekend of May????
Input, please?

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #220

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Sounds ok to me. Last week of April or first week of May would work for us.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #221
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Huh?

I dunno' Shane. That progressive happy hour thing....what if we had even half as many trailers as this time? LOL, that would be 11 drinks. That would hurt me. And old people like me, shoot, I'm lucky to crawl up into and down out of 11 trailers stone cold sober. I'd never make it if I drank on the way!
But, I'm just one, and I could always stay outside and/or stay outta' the spirits.

Reba McEntire

Old 10-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #222
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Brad, either one would work for us, too. It seems so far away... but will be here before we know it!

Reba McEntire

Old 10-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #223
4 Rivet Member

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wentzville , Missouri
Just tossing some random thoughts out there for the next rally that's all. I don't care what we do as long as we all get together again.

My airforums app on my iPhone quit working after I updated it ahhhh I am lost with out it!!!!

If anyone uses Facebook I can be found with a email search. Use my screen name and add @yahoo.com after it.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #224
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
From the island of am. Samoa

Jack and I are thinking about trying to make the spring rally... It will involve several thousand dollars, around 7000 miles of travel and about 4 days to get there but I bet we get the prize for coming the farthest!

You know, although we live on a beautiful Island n the south Pacific we miss our Airstream and our rally friends SO much....

76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, branson, fall, midwest, ozarks