Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #113
1 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
Tyner , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyboy View Post
Debbie,
You towed the trailer home! I'm going to show this thread to my wife. I've been pushing for a long time to get her to drive. YOU GO GIRL!
LOL! One of those fears I needed to face. I figured it was the least threatening route I was going to have for a beginner, mostly interstate, light traffic, and no gas stops. It wasn't nearly as nerve racking as I expected it to be. The most challenging part was our driveway which is gravel and uphill, but I made it just fine. Of course, just making it from the camp site to the dump station first boosted my confidence tremendously.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #114
1 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Florence , Kentucky
Way to Go Debbie !!!!!! Seeing Kelly pulling in and backing into her spot must have really inspired you !!!!!
Thanks to 63 Silver for putting it all together. It was great to see all of you that we met last year, and the folks we met this year. The smoked "Butt" was de-lish. Hope to see some of you at Alumapalooza !!! May your aluminum keep on shinin !!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Hey, Shermantic, how's the weather at your house? Sorry to scare you Sunday morning, but it didn't sound good when the weatherman was tell about the Eastern seaboard area, especially the higher elevations and the amount of snow being predicated. Hope all is well and you had a safe trip home.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #116
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Debbie,
I am impressed and knew you could do it! Are you now ready to tackle the dump station?

Aaron, we are waiting on a weather report.....everyone is imagining 14" of snow.

Thanks again to everyone for a great time and be thinking about Diamond Caverns Campground at Mammoth Cave for next year....just a thought. We probably should also consider pushing our rally to May and warmer weather.

63silver
Old 04-24-2012, 04:59 AM   #117
4 Rivet Member

Sorry we missed this year and seeing everyone.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #118
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
63Silver--you really know how to pick a world class park filled with green pastures, places to roam, interesting and diverse things/areas to see and, of course, Lexington's world class horses. It was great to join your group, make new friends, and experience the pride of KY.

As a person traveling on my own, I felt safe the entire time and truly appreciated the parking assistance when I arrived at dark. As a relatively new Airstreamer, I've caught on to the joys of the pot luck dinners. It is a time when you can really talk with folks, learn about their travels and recommendations, and build a network of ralliers to look forward to seeing again.

I visited the Shaker Village, the horse museums and information centers, drove the KY Scenic road filled with ridiculous fencing and homes. Eye candy comes to mind. As the days went on, I watched as the KY Horse Park geared up for a huge Rolex Arena event. There were semi trucks pouring in with custom seating for thoroughbred owners or VIPs that was so over the top I had to pinch myself. The amount of tents that were erected stretched for entire city blocks and they "imported" truckloads of flower flats. Getting to see the water course be set up for the jumps was cool, too. I met the man who hand carved all the ginormous ducks and fish that were set up on the course for the horses to jump. They have a "timber master" on the course who picks the centuries old trees to fell and carve. Again, the word "ridiculous" comes to mind. Ridiculous in an exaggerated, over the moon, kind of way!

I'm looking forward to a mini Dogwoods and Bluegrass Reunion at Alumapalooza this year! Glad that some of my new A/S friends are coming! You'll love the workshops and classes along with a tour of the "mothership" that includes a rooftop chance to photograph hundreds of neatly arranged rows of silver slices of heaven.

Happy trails! and feel free to facebook me (Kelly Kupiec)

Mellen60 - The Hen House!

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #119
1 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
Tyner , Kentucky
Mellen60Wow! What an adventuress! Loved meeting you at the rally. Though I'm from Kentucky, you get my vote for tour guide. Will look you up on Facebook to follow your adventures.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 26
1973 Argosy 26
Fairmont , West Virginia
We saw about 4 inchs of snow in the mountains. Just another day in the mountains. We are firm believers that Airstreams for for all 4 seasons. We was out on January 1 at Cannan Valley Resort with over 16 inchs of snow. We enjoy all the seasons.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #121
1 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
Tyner , Kentucky
What is the Alumapalooza that Mellen60 referred to? I don't see it listed in the rallies.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #122
1 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Florence , Kentucky
Alumapalooza is an event that takes place at the Airstream Factory in Jackson Center Ohio. It is located 100 miles north of the ohio river north of Dayton and 7 miles off the interstate. You have to make reservations in advance, but there could still be some spots left. 200 or more Airstreams will be there. Google Alumapalooza, and all the info you need will be there. We are going, our first time. This is the third annual event.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #123
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Be there or be square!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin68 View Post
Alumapalooza is an event that takes place at the Airstream Factory in Jackson Center Ohio. It is located 100 miles north of the ohio river north of Dayton and 7 miles off the interstate. You have to make reservations in advance, but there could still be some spots left. 200 or more Airstreams will be there. Google Alumapalooza, and all the info you need will be there. We are going, our first time. This is the third annual event.
I already ordered my Alumapalooza Tee Shirt and talked my crazy sister-in-law into coming along. She's the wild one in the family so anything can happen. LOL

KK

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #124
1 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
Tyner , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by shermantic View Post
We saw about 4 inchs of snow in the mountains. Just another day in the mountains. We are firm believers that Airstreams for for all 4 seasons. We was out on January 1 at Cannan Valley Resort with over 16 inchs of snow. We enjoy all the seasons.
How do you stay warm enough?????? Of course 16 inches of snow could be pretty good insulation.