Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #81
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
I got the OJ and cups for the breakfast, I also have a new electric griddle if we need it,
Old 04-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #82
Kentucky PleinAirstreamer

1969 29' Ambassador
Heard you all did outdoor cast iron cooking last year, but sounds like not this time round?

Anybody bringing instruments!

Thunder Over Louisville is also taking place Sat. night. Louisville is about an hour away. http://thunderoverlouisville.org/ Almost too many choices!
DebbieSJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #83
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieSJW View Post
Heard you all did outdoor cast iron cooking last year, but sounds like not this time round?

Anybody bringing instruments!

Thunder Over Louisville is also taking place Sat. night. Louisville is about an hour away. http://thunderoverlouisville.org/ Almost too many choices!
Although the dutch ovens have not been mentioned officially, I plan on bringing mine and cooking with them for the potluck. We will not turn away any food anyone wants to cook in cast iron.
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #84
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyboy View Post
63silver,
Is there anything I can assist you with for this rally?
I assume we are having a potluck dinner on Saturday night. Should we bring dish in particular? We were thinking about a big pot of ham/bean soup. Did I understand you right that you were providing some food for Friday night? Do you want us to bring something food wise or donation? Firewood?

SB
crispyboy, the more firewood the better. We like big fires.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie50 View Post
63 Silver- we have a reservation at site 151 for Thurs-Friday night. Do we need to register for this rally? We are newbies ... thanks !
It is not completely necessary to register, but you can do so easily if you go on the rally link at the bottom of the "Portal" page. We hope to see you there.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #86
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Sorry for not getting back with answers to some of the your questions sooner but we were out of state last week. Thanks 94tri for jumping in with some answers. Dutch oven cooking is always accepted!!! I had planned to cook a turkey in a bucket but I'm not sure I can pull that off at this point.

63Silver
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Dutch Oven

We will be bringing our cast iron and the plan is to make an Apple Cobbler
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #88
4 Rivet Member

Wish we could make it this year but I am so behind on everything. I have been devoting all my time training for a race called the Tough Mudder. I am happy to report that I made it through the race but really need to catch up at home. Will miss seeing everyone. Hopefully next year. I want to run the same race next year as well and it may conflict , hope not. Will be at Alumapalooza and Metro-Detroit if any of You are going to those rallies.

Al , Shinim , Belle and Charlie
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #89
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
TOUGH MUDDER !!!! my gosh,, thats some serious stuff !!! Im glad you survived it ! My partner at work wanted to try it, then we watched the video, He backed out,

You all will be missed, Hope to see you all later in the year !!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #90
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Al,
We understand and will miss seeing you guys this year. My daughter has mentioned the new canine apparel many times. Good luck in future tough mudder events and we hope to see you next year.

Tsunami,
I'm hungry just thinking about cast iron and apple cobbler!

63Silver
Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #91
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Tough Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdair View Post
Wish we could make it this year but I am so behind on everything. I have been devoting all my time training for a race called the Tough Mudder. I am happy to report that I made it through the race but really need to catch up at home.
Al , Shinim , Belle and Charlie
T O U G H M U D D E R !!! Excellent fundraising event in support of the Wounded Warrior Project. "We give some because some gave all."

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your participation. My nephew is a U.S. Marine who served a tour in Iraq and he is participating in the Tough Mudder in PA 12 days from now. Semper Fi

I can't believe this rally is here! Got my shine on and hopefully it stays that way rolling down the road. Now I have to get my flag pole holder installed so I can fly the red, white and blue!

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #92
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Wondered if anyone has tried this breakfast idea at a rally before....

Personal omelets made easy:

Set out the fixin's like shredded cheese, mushrooms, ham, onions, green peppers, etc. Let people grab a quality ziploc bag and crack two eggs into it. Add some milk and choice of fixin's. Shake bag and toss up to 6 baggies at a time into a dutch oven with a rolling boil of water going. 9-11 minutes. Voila. I'm willing to try it and bring the fixin's and the eggs. I'm a farmer with a hen house! Any interest?

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #93
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Silver View Post
Al,
We understand and will miss seeing you guys this year. My daughter has mentioned the new canine apparel many times. Good luck in future tough mudder events and we hope to see you next year.

Tsunami,
I'm hungry just thinking about cast iron and apple cobbler!

63Silver
Oh No , I had mentioned a week ago or so to Shinim that I would miss Your daughters face light up when She saw Belle and Charlie again.
S/OS #010
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #94
4 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
T O U G H M U D D E R !!! Excellent fundraising event in support of the Wounded Warrior Project. "We give some because some gave all."

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your participation. My nephew is a U.S. Marine who served a tour in Iraq and he is participating in the Tough Mudder in PA 12 days from now. Semper Fi

I can't believe this rally is here! Got my shine on and hopefully it stays that way rolling down the road. Now I have to get my flag pole holder installed so I can fly the red, white and blue!
Tell your Nephew good luck and thanks for his service. He will love the Tough Mudder. I'm one month shy of 51 and feel better than I have in years having made this race. I highly recommend if anyone is considering doing the Tough Muddder go for it.
S/OS #010
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #95
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Mellen I think that is a super idea! Go for it!

63Silver
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #96
Hillbilly Hagrid

1973 29' Ambassador
Stanford , Kentucky
Looks like a strong chance of rain at this Rally .....but Kentucky weather is not very easy to forecast....dewinterized the old girl yesterday and gave her a bath....
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #97
Kentucky PleinAirstreamer

1969 29' Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
Wondered if anyone has tried this breakfast idea at a rally before....

Personal omelets made easy:

Set out the fixin's like shredded cheese, mushrooms, ham, onions, green peppers, etc. Let people grab a quality ziploc bag and crack two eggs into it. Add some milk and choice of fixin's. Shake bag and toss up to 6 baggies at a time into a dutch oven with a rolling boil of water going. 9-11 minutes. Voila. I'm willing to try it and bring the fixin's and the eggs. I'm a farmer with a hen house! Any interest?

I've had and made these before. They are very good. They have a different flavor, better I think, than making them in a skillet. Not to mention they are just fun to make! I'm interested!
DebbieSJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #98
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Al and Shinim,
I glad you made it through the race, you deserve a big round of applause for your efforts.

Too Bad you can't make it, we're going to miss you guys this year. The work will still be there when you get back.
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Enjoy the rally

Hope all have safe travels to and from the rally and that everyone has a great time. We're sorry to miss this year - we've always enjoyed the gathering, especially the open house portion. Next year we'll be more carefull in planning our spring SC beach trip so there won't be a conflict, but I must admit...the beach is nice.
Gregg & Cyndi
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #100
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
I'll be heading out in a couple hours and should arrive at the Horse Park about 6:00 P.M., depending on the traffic. Looking forward to a great weekend and it looks like the weather forecast is improving. Everyone have a safe trip..
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote