Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #57
Hillbilly Hagrid
 
KyMoonshine's Avatar
 
1973 29' Ambassador
Stanford , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 112
Water line issues

Well I finally figured it was warm enough to "dewinterize" my Airstream and see what kind of problems the PO left me with...... looks like alot....

After I hooked to city inlet water started leaking everywhere....a pipe is busted under bathroom sink(no problem) but then I noticed water was pouring out of the bottom of center of trailer..... I tried to see where it was coming from through the small gap under oven...no luck...so I pulled it up on ramps...got underneath and started trying to pull panels...I cant seem to access pipes from under there either....it looks like it is coming from around the fresh water tank somewhere.... I have an Airstream service manual but its not doing me alot of good telling me how to get to these lines buried in the middle if trailer.....looks like I may have to cut up the floor?

anyway...I maybe not have water at the Rally if I cant fix it before then...but Ill have the bath house and disposable plates..lol
__________________

__________________
1973 29ft Ambassador Double Center Bath International Land Yacht
KyMoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #58
4 Rivet Member
 
63Silver's Avatar
 
1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 406
Images: 43
I wish I could help but I have no idea where the water lines are located on a 70's model. My plumbing runs through the cabinets and under the beds but not under the floor.
Make sure that the water heater overflow valve is shut off. Good luck!!

63silver
__________________

__________________
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #59
Hillbilly Hagrid
 
KyMoonshine's Avatar
 
1973 29' Ambassador
Stanford , Kentucky
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Silver View Post
I wish I could help but I have no idea where the water lines are located on a 70's model. My plumbing runs through the cabinets and under the beds but not under the floor.
Make sure that the water heater overflow valve is shut off. Good luck!!

63silver
Yea I turned off the hot-water valve first thing...its horrible that these lines are buried under floor....
__________________
1973 29ft Ambassador Double Center Bath International Land Yacht
KyMoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #60
4 Rivet Member
 
mouth012006's Avatar
 
1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 427
Images: 51
We are in!!!!

Well decided last night even though we will be running around back and forth from the campground to a high school softball tourny...to a lifeguard class...that we will be there!!!! After the blast that was had last year...just can't miss out!!! Can't wait to see everyone again....site # for us is 134
__________________
Kevin & Monique
New to A/S---Not to Honey Do's
Sweetie (lab) Snickers (lab) Blackie(lab)
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member
 
94Tri's Avatar
 
1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 260
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Silver View Post
I wish I could help but I have no idea where the water lines are located on a 70's model. My plumbing runs through the cabinets and under the beds but not under the floor.
Make sure that the water heater overflow valve is shut off. Good luck!!

63silver
Unfortunately, it seems as if the plumbing runs however the particular person running the plumbing that day at the AS factory decided to run it....makes it fun to find problems for sure>
__________________
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member
 
94Tri's Avatar
 
1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 260
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyMoonshine View Post
Well I finally figured it was warm enough to "dewinterize" my Airstream and see what kind of problems the PO left me with...... looks like alot....

After I hooked to city inlet water started leaking everywhere....a pipe is busted under bathroom sink(no problem) but then I noticed water was pouring out of the bottom of center of trailer..... I tried to see where it was coming from through the small gap under oven...no luck...so I pulled it up on ramps...got underneath and started trying to pull panels...I cant seem to access pipes from under there either....it looks like it is coming from around the fresh water tank somewhere.... I have an Airstream service manual but its not doing me alot of good telling me how to get to these lines buried in the middle if trailer.....looks like I may have to cut up the floor?

anyway...I maybe not have water at the Rally if I cant fix it before then...but Ill have the bath house and disposable plates..lol

Water should not be a problem...got that whole big river right next to the campground
__________________
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member
 
hippiechick's Avatar
 
1966 24' Tradewind
versailles , Kentucky
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 185
Haven't had a chance to post for quite a while but we have a camp site reserved at Boonesboro. The camper is a work in progress and is far from finished but we are going to try to make it "campable". We will be looking for info and advice for future work. This will be our maiden voyage and we can't wait. Be nice - no laughing.
__________________
hippiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member
 
63Silver's Avatar
 
1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 406
Images: 43
Hippiechick, glad to have you!! Don't worry about it, they are all a work in progress. See you at Boonesborough!
__________________
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #65
4 Rivet Member
 
scf31's Avatar
 
1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 490
Images: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechick View Post
Haven't had a chance to post for quite a while but we have a camp site reserved at Boonesboro. The camper is a work in progress and is far from finished but we are going to try to make it "campable". We will be looking for info and advice for future work. This will be our maiden voyage and we can't wait. Be nice - no laughing.
Hippiechick

There a guy at work who just got a early 70s model Airstream, he has it all striped out, plum empty, he will have it taped off on the inside as to his finished product, moving the bathroom, bedroom and so forth, he is planning on bringing it down, just a shell , pulling it with his motor home !!!! He also has a spot but is not on the forums yet,,,,,, but he will be shortly.
__________________
Movie Stars and Film Crews come to Me from hundreds of miles enticed by My knowledge, My imagination,expertise, creativity and innovations!
scf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #66
Rivet Master
 
crispyboy's Avatar
 
1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,655
Images: 3
A friend of mine at work let me know about camper appreciation weekend at Kentucky State Parks. It is a promotion to buy a campsite for Friday night and get Saturday night FREE on the last weekend of April.
Kentucky State Parks - Coupons and Special Discounts


Also I found a 20% off coupon for those who are on the fence about going to the rally. Not sure if us who have already registered can use this.

BOGOcampingapril2011web.pdf
__________________
Steve, Christy, Anna and Scout (Border Collie deceased 11-30-2016)
1994 Classic 30'11" Excella - rear twin
2009 Dodge 2500, 6 Speed Auto, CTD, Quad Cab, Short Bed
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member
 
GreggH's Avatar
 
2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 205
Pancakes

Just got back from 2 weeks on the South Carolina coast for our first 2011 venture. No surprises when the Tin Inn came out of hibernation and we got to enjoy the alterations we did this year. Now that we broke the ice and had some sun and fun at the beach we're ready to concentrate on the D&B Rally.
We'll do the sausage and pancake breakfast again on Sat morn from 8-9:30AM, probably at our site (129), looks like we have a large back yard. We'll bring our 30 cup coffee maker for coffee drinkers, all others please bring your own beverage. The only other thing you need to bring is seating. If we have a fire ring at the site I wouldn't be offended if someone volunteered to get a morning fire going?
The coffee maker will be available over the weekend for other gatherings if needed.
Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone.
GreggH & CyndiH
__________________
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member
 
63Silver's Avatar
 
1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 406
Images: 43
Gregg,
Sounds great. Breakfast was a tremendous success last year, thank you for volunteering. Please let us know what we can do to contribute. It looks like we are expecting 20+ trailers and at least 50 people. I won't be surprised if we don't have a few more by April 15.
We took our airstream down to the SC coast last summer for a couple of weeks. It is quite a pull with beautiful scenery. Be care and looking forward to seeing you guys next month.

63silver
__________________
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member
 
94Tri's Avatar
 
1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 260
Images: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggH View Post
Just got back from 2 weeks on the South Carolina coast for our first 2011 venture. No surprises when the Tin Inn came out of hibernation and we got to enjoy the alterations we did this year. Now that we broke the ice and had some sun and fun at the beach we're ready to concentrate on the D&B Rally.
We'll do the sausage and pancake breakfast again on Sat morn from 8-9:30AM, probably at our site (129), looks like we have a large back yard. We'll bring our 30 cup coffee maker for coffee drinkers, all others please bring your own beverage. The only other thing you need to bring is seating. If we have a fire ring at the site I wouldn't be offended if someone volunteered to get a morning fire going?
The coffee maker will be available over the weekend for other gatherings if needed.
Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone.
GreggH & CyndiH
I believe I can help with the fire.
__________________
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #70
4 Rivet Member
 
63Silver's Avatar
 
1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 406
Images: 43
15 days and counting!!!!
__________________

__________________
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air, rally, richmond ky


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.