Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Silver View Post
I wish I could help but I have no idea where the water lines are located on a 70's model. My plumbing runs through the cabinets and under the beds but not under the floor.
Make sure that the water heater overflow valve is shut off. Good luck!!

63silver
Unfortunately, it seems as if the plumbing runs however the particular person running the plumbing that day at the AS factory decided to run it....makes it fun to find problems for sure>
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyMoonshine View Post
Well I finally figured it was warm enough to "dewinterize" my Airstream and see what kind of problems the PO left me with...... looks like alot....

After I hooked to city inlet water started leaking everywhere....a pipe is busted under bathroom sink(no problem) but then I noticed water was pouring out of the bottom of center of trailer..... I tried to see where it was coming from through the small gap under oven...no luck...so I pulled it up on ramps...got underneath and started trying to pull panels...I cant seem to access pipes from under there either....it looks like it is coming from around the fresh water tank somewhere.... I have an Airstream service manual but its not doing me alot of good telling me how to get to these lines buried in the middle if trailer.....looks like I may have to cut up the floor?

anyway...I maybe not have water at the Rally if I cant fix it before then...but Ill have the bath house and disposable plates..lol

Water should not be a problem...got that whole big river right next to the campground
Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

1966 24' Tradewind
versailles , Kentucky
Haven't had a chance to post for quite a while but we have a camp site reserved at Boonesboro. The camper is a work in progress and is far from finished but we are going to try to make it "campable". We will be looking for info and advice for future work. This will be our maiden voyage and we can't wait. Be nice - no laughing.
hippiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Hippiechick, glad to have you!! Don't worry about it, they are all a work in progress. See you at Boonesborough!
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #65
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechick View Post
Haven't had a chance to post for quite a while but we have a camp site reserved at Boonesboro. The camper is a work in progress and is far from finished but we are going to try to make it "campable". We will be looking for info and advice for future work. This will be our maiden voyage and we can't wait. Be nice - no laughing.
Hippiechick

There a guy at work who just got a early 70s model Airstream, he has it all striped out, plum empty, he will have it taped off on the inside as to his finished product, moving the bathroom, bedroom and so forth, he is planning on bringing it down, just a shell , pulling it with his motor home !!!! He also has a spot but is not on the forums yet,,,,,, but he will be shortly.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
A friend of mine at work let me know about camper appreciation weekend at Kentucky State Parks. It is a promotion to buy a campsite for Friday night and get Saturday night FREE on the last weekend of April.
Kentucky State Parks - Coupons and Special Discounts

Also I found a 20% off coupon for those who are on the fence about going to the rally. Not sure if us who have already registered can use this.

BOGOcampingapril2011web.pdf
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Pancakes

Just got back from 2 weeks on the South Carolina coast for our first 2011 venture. No surprises when the Tin Inn came out of hibernation and we got to enjoy the alterations we did this year. Now that we broke the ice and had some sun and fun at the beach we're ready to concentrate on the D&B Rally.
We'll do the sausage and pancake breakfast again on Sat morn from 8-9:30AM, probably at our site (129), looks like we have a large back yard. We'll bring our 30 cup coffee maker for coffee drinkers, all others please bring your own beverage. The only other thing you need to bring is seating. If we have a fire ring at the site I wouldn't be offended if someone volunteered to get a morning fire going?
The coffee maker will be available over the weekend for other gatherings if needed.
Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone.
GreggH & CyndiH
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Gregg,
Sounds great. Breakfast was a tremendous success last year, thank you for volunteering. Please let us know what we can do to contribute. It looks like we are expecting 20+ trailers and at least 50 people. I won't be surprised if we don't have a few more by April 15.
We took our airstream down to the SC coast last summer for a couple of weeks. It is quite a pull with beautiful scenery. Be care and looking forward to seeing you guys next month.

63silver
Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggH View Post
Just got back from 2 weeks on the South Carolina coast for our first 2011 venture. No surprises when the Tin Inn came out of hibernation and we got to enjoy the alterations we did this year. Now that we broke the ice and had some sun and fun at the beach we're ready to concentrate on the D&B Rally.
We'll do the sausage and pancake breakfast again on Sat morn from 8-9:30AM, probably at our site (129), looks like we have a large back yard. We'll bring our 30 cup coffee maker for coffee drinkers, all others please bring your own beverage. The only other thing you need to bring is seating. If we have a fire ring at the site I wouldn't be offended if someone volunteered to get a morning fire going?
The coffee maker will be available over the weekend for other gatherings if needed.
Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone.
GreggH & CyndiH
I believe I can help with the fire.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #70
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
15 days and counting!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #71
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Anticipation

Can't wait to get back home to Kentucky. We are leaving our winter nest here in Sarasota this Sunday traveling to Pensacola for a couple of days to visit the Naval Aviation Museum and catch the Blue Angels practice. Then working our way North with a stop at Renfro Valley for the Wednesday concert and to have the speedometer repaired on the Silverado. Next stop Dogwoods & Bluegrass. We have the fixins for some key lime pies, maybe we can bring some warm weather also.
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
I have finally made it official today and reserved site 151. Hopefully Dave doesn't have something else planned!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #73
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
If we can avoid the storms tomorrow I believe we will de-winterize and give the Airstream a good cleaning. If anyone is still contemplating the D and B Rally, there are spots still available.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #74
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Tomorrow is the day the Caravanner comes off the winter pad and start the clean up from the long winter, check the water and electric and so on, D and B will be here before ya know it!
Old 04-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #75
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I'm slowly getting ready for the rally. I have pulled the gray, black and fresh water tanks, checked for possible leaks, painted some frame areas, put the tanks back in and now trying to get everything hooked back up. Working in the rain, slop, cold etc.. typical KY springtime weather. After all that trouble it looks like there was a slight leak at the toilet flange due to lack of any sealant around the threads on the toilet flange. I also cleaned and sealed a small area of the sub-floor to take care of the smells that soaked into the wood.
We going to have the best smelling bathroom at the rally!
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #76
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Hope you guys enjoy another great rally. Maybe I can attend a rally in the future.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #77
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Well, extreme storms are making for a change in plans. I guess we will have to hold off clean up for tomorrow. Rain rain go away!!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohio rally

Weather here in ne Ohio is rain, followed by more rain. It is pouring today. Temperatures are in the 50s. They say more for tomorrow but possible snow showers. It can't make up its mind.
We are supposed to be getting ready to go to the season opener campout for us. The TAC rally is on in Wooster, OH. Wish some of you all were coming this way. We are hoping that the weather warms up a little for this weekend's events. We will be at a fairground campground in the midst of Amish country. Come and join us!

Meanwhile, we are trying to clean and get ready to roll....and trying to decide if we can de-winterize! Arrrrrrrrgh!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Storms have certainly put a hold on any outside work getting done today. We have some house damage but the Tin Inn appears to have come through with no problems that we can see so far. Still have lightning in the area so not able to do a full check on everything yet, but there is certainly alot of debris in the yards around here. I hope everyone has come through the day safe and without damage.

CyndiH
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #80
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Even though the rain is still coming down I was able to clean out the inside of the camper and will work on the exterior tomorrow. We were fortunate and avoided the worst of the weather. Gregg, it sounds like TN was hit hard. I hope the damage to the house was minor and glad to hear the Tin Inn made it through without harm.
Lou and Larry, we are going to miss you guys this year. Be safe and hope the TAC Rally is a great success!!

Tags
air, rally, richmond ky