Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #575
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
A very very sincere thank you.

I want to thank every fellow Canopenian that attended Canopener 2018 for making this rally so spectacular! You did it up right by getting up and getting out of your Airstreams and having fun with old and new friends. One of the many things I love about Canopener is every year I get to make new friends, how fabulous is that!
As you may know, this rally is made possible from start to finish by an all volunteer team, and it’s a big team! I appreciate EVERYONE that helped out this year, like;

Our Fire Tub Master and keeper of the unofficial official hospitality site, David (GatorDave) and all his crew for their week long amazing hospitality and food! The warmth we felt at that site was from more than just the fires
The bag people,(those who helped put together our “goodie” bags and prize bags) thank you for helping to make that a much simpler process!
Jim(Stewball) and the Not Ready For Primetime Aluminotes – thank you for entertaining us with your musical and vocal talents. Encore for 2019 please!
Our CCO, Chief Chili Officer Judy and Michael (judyjudy and boogieshoes) – thank you for organizing a delicious food extravaganza! And thank you to all the Chili Wranglers who helped set up and clean up, you all are sincerely appreciated!
The Mayors of Margaritaville, Greg and Pat (Roadtoaster), thank you thank you thank you for helping put some of the fun in the Friday All Day Fun Day!
Our Director of Cornhole, Jose (rumrunner), thank you for making this year’s tourney one of the best ones yet! Bigger and better in 2019
Our trophy maker Russ (luckyducks), how thoughtful of you to get the trophy made this year, thank you for that!
Our lovely Cornhole scorers, thank you for helping the tournament and each match run smoothly and for helping to keep all those rowdy players in line – couldn’t have done it without you!
To all the Cornhole participants, Thank You! If it wasn’t for y’all who would the rest of us have to cheer, heckle and laugh at, I mean with
The Bloody Saturday Recipe elves, John and Cecilia (tin & tonic) and Don (delmer), thank you so much for involuntarily volunteering to help put the “recipe” together and selflessly suffering from lime and lemon hypothermia (Didn’t know what you were getting yourselves into did you?)
The awesome Bloody Saturday kitchen crew and behind the scenes gang! Thank you for bringing food, tables, fire pits, Music, ice, for putting food together and for helping to clean up – you made this event so much fun and soooooooo much easier to put on. You’re Fabulous
Our Bloody Saturday bartender extraordinaire, Keith (khollister), thanks for your time and for serving up great fun and laughter to all who attended!
To all who opened up their Airstream for open house, thank you for sharing your love of Airstreams and your love of Airstreaming with all of your fellow Canopenians!
Our Pajama Party Coffee Send Off hosts, Cindy and Alan (skyballfarm). Thank you for stepping up and taking on this fun gathering, it was fabulous! And no doubt this year’s fashion parade of pajamas was by far the best yet
Mark (labigdogs) thank you for ALL of your fabulous photography and Facebook posts. You helped all those following our page to be at Canopener vicariously through your photos! And on a personal note, thank you for getting a group photo for my Joe
The impromptu event coordinators Kate and Kim (two peas). Thank you both for putting together hikes, that fabulous and soon to be a new Canopener tradition oyster roast and a fun Sunday brunch at Stinky’s. You ladies Rock
To everyone who lit up a fire or turned on the heaters and welcomed folks onto your campsite during the day or at night, THAT is really what Canopener is all about; getting out and connecting with old friends and especially making new friends

And a VERY special and sincere thank you to Foley RV, Rick & JJ Foley and Ron Lester. Thank you for being such an important part of Canopener. Your support has helped this event grow into one of the most amazing rallys (certainly one of thee most fun!) We LOVE y’all!

To all you first timers, you’re no longer Canopener Newbies (or virgins as we like to say!). Welcome to the Canopener Nation!

Much love and thanks to all of you and see you back in 2019!
Annette

AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #576
Sun Rae

1977 Argosy 28
Lewisburg , Tennessee
Great job 2018

Thanks to all who were involved in this year great cornhole , margretiaville, Greg , music ,food Annette see you all next year
John & Merirae
Jack9443

jack9443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #577
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Thank you Thank you

As I was writing my thank you to all the folks who helped make Canopener happen this year, I was thinking in chronological order of the event. Which is why I forgot to mention the guy who helped SO much Prior to the actual event. So a very huge and sincere thank you to Chuck Nesbit (Florida55) for the most fabulous Canopener logo (and putting it into multiple formats), and for creating and continuously updating the maps on our forums site. You are appreciated

Annette
AirHeadsRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:41 AM   #578
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Congratulations to all you Canopenians! You are thee most awesome, fabulous, caring, giving and generous folks ever
In just 3 days you gave $1,320.01, a new record (yes, every penny counts) The Friends Of Topsail are blown away by our Airstream community. 100% of this money is staying in Topsail, and I can’t wait to see what projects they do with this money!
Thank you to each and every Canopenian.......y’all ROCK

Annette
Jan and I are so pleased that we were part of the party this year. Being from Arizona, Florida is not the place we winter normally. Thank you and the entire group for everything they do to make the rally such a great event!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 AM   #579
2 Rivet Member

Surfside Beach , Arkansas
Lynn and I really enjoyed the Canopener. It is hard for my wife to get out and meet people, but the great people at the Canopener made that easy. We then went to IBT at Sarasota, where the WBCCI voted the Canopener a special event. Congrats to you, I think.
old 10s bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #580
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
2012 28' International
Mount Juliet , Tennessee
Judy & Chuck have secured site #159 for the 2019 Canopener!
Hope it is warmer next year but it’ll still be better than NASHVILLE.
Hope to see y’all on the road!
Titansection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #581
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Canopener 2019

This is the Canopener 2018 thread. Posts related to Canopener 2019 topics should go on the Canopener 2019 thread.
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #582
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
Tried to book a site and no available sites. I’m bummed
WBCCI#8934
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #583
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar View Post
Please go to the 2019 Canopener thread and stay tuned for cancellations as they always always occur, Especially as the event gets closer! Don’t give up this early

Annette
Old 08-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #584
Retired

2008 30' Classic
Livingston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar View Post

There are sites which monitor cancellations and notify you by email. Wandering Labs is one. You need to act immediately if you do get a notification, because someone else is looking for a site, also.

2008 Classic 30'
2013 F150 Ecoboost
tvketchum is offline   Reply With Quote