Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
AirMidwest Fall Rally--the Mother Road

OK gang, here's the lo down on the fall rally... Drumroll, please...

Rt 66, the Mother Road Rally,

October 24-27 2019 at Happy Trails RV Park, 4 miles west of Lebanon off I-44.

https://www.happytrailrvpark.com/

$31/night group rate, call or text Courtney at (406) 861-6900 and tell her you're with the AirMidwest group. She's holding 25 sites for the group until September 24th. Let her know if you prefer full hookups, length of trailer, etc..

Full hookups available, electric and water sites, dump station, shower houses, meeting room, covered pavilion, private fishing lake, walking trails, Boat Town Brewery within walking distance next door. And if we fill our sites, we'll have most of the park to ourselves.

And plenty of trees! Open fires, etc.. We'll even try the Dutch oven cooking thing and for sure do a classic potluck Saturday evening.

Be sure to RSVP on the calendar,

http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...2019-10-24&c=1

subscribe to this thread and contact the park for reservations and questions regarding amenities. I'll work on a schedule lineup shortly.
Mount'n Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Hi Mountain man.
Any particular section that group will be parked in? Activity area? Will you be having a potluck night, etc?
Look forward to seeing you at Moraine View in June. Maybe this could be our fall meeting and location change?
Gina
GinaNBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
If you look at the map, the full hookup loop is closest to the main meeting area; the water/electric section is next in the center of the park. These two sections are the focal point of the rally (you can reserve one of the longer sites by the lake but bring plenty of leveling blocks as these have a bit of a front-to-back incline. All are $31/night group rate.

Potluck will be Saturday evening; there is a covered pavilion as well as an enclosed activity room--I'll reserve both.

Friday would be perfect for a meet-n-greet at the brewery next door.

I'm game if you are!
Old 09-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Quick update on our Route 66 rally at Happy Trails RV Park near Lebanon, MO:

Our contact person, Courtney has left Happy Trails. Our new contact person for reservations and questions is Lisa, (417) 532-3422. Everything else is hunky-dory and we're still on for October 24-27!

Also, Jo Ann has arranged for our Meet 'n Greet for Friday evening next door at the Boathouse Brewery. They'll have a space for us and the kitchen will be open for orders.

Looking forward to it!
Old 09-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Question on Facebook was put as to whether we'd be doing any dutch oven cooking since we weren't able to do it in St. Charles... Let's plan on anyone who's confident in Dutch oven cooking preparing something in their DO's for the Saturday potluck. Those new to the art can hook up with me Saturday afternoon to get the 411 basics and help with the dishes I'm preparing. We can group cook with the DO's at our site or at your own, whatever's more convenient.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
So, an update on the fall AirMidwest rally... Spoke with Lisa at Happy Trails this afternoon. She needs to release any unreserved spots from our group hold to the general public on Monday, so anyone interested in attending the fall rally (October 24-27) please call the park to make your reservations in the next few days. (417) 532-3422.

Also, If you've already talked with the park but still need to give them your deposit, please call them at your earliest convenience and do so.

I'll be back in touch with the park on Monday to compare notes--if the RSVP's hold up, we may have 14+ trailers! And they are making every effort to put us all together!

Shaping up to be a great rally!
Old 09-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
One other thing, could we please get a ballpark head count by Monday as to who might be attending the Meet & Greet at the brewery? Jo Ann needs to let them know about how much space/food we might need. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
OK gang, the countdown begins! For those early birds, we'll have a campfire, mulled wine and s'mores around our trailer Thursday evening (or a Flame Genie under the pavillion if it's raining). Friday is the Meet & Greet Happy Hour next door at the Boathouse Brewery 5:00-on. Saturday we can do open house trailer tours if anyone's interested, and I'll start Dutch-ovening around 2 if anyone wants to learn/participate. We'll do the Saturday potluck in the community room around 5:30 followed by door prizes and selection of the Spring Hosts (hint, hint :-)). There's also plenty to do around Lebanon and Springfield if you're really bored!

And speaking of door prizes, I guess I'm too timid to squeeze much out of our local vendors, so if every trailer will bring a small gift, $5-$10 range, new or used, then we'll have plenty to go around. Thanks in advance.

See you soon!!!!

Brian & Jo Ann
Old 10-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
And one other thing, if you attended the Spring AirMidwest Rally in St. Charles last April and received one of those cool aluminum name badges, please remember to bring them. There are a few unused ones left over but I'd like to make sure the new attendees get one.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Cedarcreek , Missouri
Just talked to Lisa at Happy Trails, they offered to provide donuts and coffee for the group Saturday morning! Woo hoo!!!
Old 10-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
West Fork , Arkansas
Brian,
I just stumbled across this "The Rally Zone" thread and commend your positive words. I had been looking under "Forum Rallies and Meet Ups".

"Happy Trails" has a corny name but it's very pleasant place with friendly owners. Jane and I appreciate all you and Jo Ann are doing to make it a great rally.
Jim