View Poll Results: What do you think about the Video?
Like 29 87.88%
Dislike 0 0%
Could have been better 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #29
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
I think a few things should have been done differently. Note: I have dial up internet so it took me about ten times as much time to watch your video. [slow motion] (1.) Remove old drilled out pop rivet heads from drill bit. (2.) Use a drill bit stopper [rubber hose] on drill bit; You don't need to drill two inches into sheet metal. (3.) Use rivets on rockguard channel to Airstream body instead of screws and use screws instead of pop rivets on the channel hinge ends. (4.) Use sealer on the support brackets mounted between the windows. (5.) Do not mount any one piece until all holes are drilled so you won't have drilled, metal particles, shaveings, in between the parts.
Bob,
I do agree with alot of what you have added to this thread. Thank you for your comments.
The part about your having an dial up internet is one of the reason the video is the way it is. The more I put in, the longer it gets, the slower the load to your computer. Or the longer it takes for you to see. The main idea for the video is to give someone the big picture idea of what it takes to install one of these. I have gotten feedback from folks and they did not feel they could do it. Once I helped them (via the phone) they were surpised to find out how easy it was.
I agree that you should use something to stop the drill bit from going in to deep. The places where we went in deep in the video did not cause any damage, (and we knew it would not) But as a rule of thumb it is a very good idea.
Sealing the way you suggested is a better way of doing it.
Great input. Thank you again!!
Dan
Here is a link to the video
just in case someone starts the thread here and wants to know what we are talking about.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Just installed mine today,took about an hour working by myself.great improvement in looks and protection.Thanks for the video.Dave
you probably could have had Spielberg direct ,and someone would not like it!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #31
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyride View Post
Just installed mine today,took about an hour working by myself.great improvement in looks and protection.Thanks for the video.Dave
What about a picture, Dave?

Dan
Old 12-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
I live downtown Naples,trailer is a few miles out in country at a friends house,I`ll post pictures as soon as I can,If I can figure out how to do it.Dave
Old 12-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Any more pictures would be Great!!!! Thanks, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #34
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
Video for Dial-up users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Dan. I think this was a good basic video on installing a new rock guard, But in my opinion, I think a few things should have been done differently. Note: I have dial up internet so it took me about ten times as much time to watch your video. [slow motion] .
I have had so many people ask if there were some better way to view the video as they have dial-up. That is one of the things we did consider when designing our website(s). We wanted to make sure that dial-up users would have a good experience too. So, keeping that thought in mind we have put a link on our site (and below) so you can go directly to the video. If you click on it, it buffers to your temp files and will still take awhile. If the video times out you may try RIGHT CLICK AND " SAVE TARGET AS..." then remember where you saved it. I had someone try this and it took a long time. They left it downloading, went to bed, and watched it in the morning.

Click here to see the video and download.

Click here to see it embeded from our "How-to" site.
If you are on DSL or faster, or on a Mac, or Linux, embeded is the way you want to go.

Dan
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #35
Bambi Hunter

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Los Angeles , California
Dan,
Will the rock guard fit the '77 Argosy 6 Metre Minuet windows? The wrap appears to be a little more than in the video. Thanks.
Tim
Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #36
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Can View Post
Dan,
Will the rock guard fit the '77 Argosy 6 Metre Minuet windows? The wrap appears to be a little more than in the video. Thanks.
Tim
Tim.

The 3 piece rockguard has covers for the wrap windows that are ok.

The cover for the front window must be shortened, in width, for it to fit correctly.

Several owners on this Forums have made the conversion without any difficulty.

Andy

Tags
rockguard