Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Got a window?

Once upon a time...a man with a weed eater got too close to some gravel, and lo, the tiny rock flew through the air and hit the window. The window shattered....tinkle clink ping it went...and the owner sat there and halucinated. He was sad. I am looking for anyone that would have a window possibly parted out or sitting round its for a 1970 overlander landyacht 27' and its the 29 inch wide one on the road side near the front, a fellow from inland said its the sash and glass part...got any leads? Thanks Bill
AIR-Quarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
Once upon a time...a man with a weed eater got too close to some gravel, and lo, the tiny rock flew through the air and hit the window. The window shattered....tinkle clink ping it went...and the owner sat there and halucinated. He was sad. I am looking for anyone that would have a window possibly parted out or sitting round its for a 1970 overlander landyacht 27' and its the 29 inch wide one on the road side near the front, a fellow from inland said its the sash and glass part...got any leads? Thanks Bill
If you run out of luck finding a used window, we carry many new windows.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Window

Any good glass shop can replace the glass, and even match the tint if they have the numbers off any of the original windows.

Gunny
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc View Post
Any good glass shop can replace the glass, and even match the tint if they have the numbers off any of the original windows.

Gunny
Glass shops usually cannot duplicate curved windows.

Secondly, the gasket is not availabel.

Third, glass shops cannot drill out the rivets, replace the glass, rerivet the frame back together, and then they really make a mess out of the hinge, which must be straight as an arrow.

Andy
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I do not want to start any fights here; however, my insurance company (and several very knowledgeable people) told me I could not repair the rear window in my 78 Argosy. The insurance company sent me a check for $987.00 to have the window ordered and replaced. My husband and I removed the window, took the bottom rivets out, saved the gasket, took the frame and gasket to a glass shop...they ordered a piece of auto glass, installed it, charged us $69.00. My husband and I replaced the window and frame back on the trailer and it works perfectly. Believe me I had several sleepless nights trying to figure out how I would ever fix my beautiful Argosy. I decided to listen to my husband and let him try to get it fixed. What could it hurt, right? No one was more surprised at how simple it was. He's not soon going to let me forget how I doubted him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01159.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	74559   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01158.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	74560  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0230.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	74561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	74562  

Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Juel, that's good news for the front and back windows, but I think we're talking about the side windows, which are curved.

Zep
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
Lander , Wyoming
Bill, I know of a 76 tradewind that unfortunately is being parted. I don't know if the side windows are the same dimensions 1970 vs 76. PM or email me with specifics and I'll see what I can do. Ed
n2batr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Only the front side windows are curved in my 78 Argosy. The side windows are the same as the front and back windows. I didn't read that we were talking about panoramic curved windows in the original post. He just says it's a side window "near" the front.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
windows

Well spend what you want, but my new windows work great and only cost me $49.00.
They are tinted and have the same numbers as the factory windows on my 06 Safari.
If you don't believe me, call Roger Williams Airstream and ask for Denver.
His son owns the glass shop that did mine.

Gunny
Old 01-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Well spend what you want, but my new windows work great and only cost me $49.00.
They are tinted and have the same numbers as the factory windows on my 06 Safari.
If you don't believe me, call Roger Williams Airstream and ask for Denver.
His son owns the glass shop that did mine.

Gunny
Could be wrong but I think your '06 side window is flat , in th '70's they were curved.
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
window

The 06 windows are curved.

Gunny
Old 01-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
The 06 windows are curved.

Gunny
Well then , need to change "could be" with "I am". Thanks for the clarification.
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
ha ha! thanks for all the input....The window is 'across' the room from the front door, like the side the extending table lets out for this model...it is the larger one that raises outward...'Sash and Glass' as Inland RV educated me. And sure nuff it is curved (or was rather)....right now we have some plastic styled cardboard with our all time favorite Gorilla Duct Tape holding it firm pretty soon here we will be making the call to inland and I have already advised towards that...But I swear....I will never ever EVER allow any sort of ground machine near my house again..You know a lot of times our RVs are vunerable to gravel roads and such....does anyone else agree?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
ha ha! thanks for all the input....The window is 'across' the room from the front door, like the side the extending table lets out for this model...it is the larger one that raises outward...'Sash and Glass' as Inland RV educated me. And sure nuff it is curved (or was rather)....right now we have some plastic styled cardboard with our all time favorite Gorilla Duct Tape holding it firm pretty soon here we will be making the call to inland and I have already advised towards that...But I swear....I will never ever EVER allow any sort of ground machine near my house again..You know a lot of times our RVs are vunerable to gravel roads and such....does anyone else agree?

You won't believe, how many owners order a front rockguard, ahem, after the front window was broken.

Yeah, a rock can break the rockguard too, but at least the window is saved, which is far more important.

Andy

Andy
Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
You won't believe, how many owners order a front rockguard, ahem, after the front window was broken.

Yeah, a rock can break the rockguard too, but at least the window is saved, which is far more important.

Andy

Andy
After getting a price for my broken front wing window from you the other day, I believe it. The rock guard is a whole lot cheaper than replacing even one window in some cases.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
2001 GMC 3500 4x4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #16

1973 27' Overlander
Victoria , British Columbia
Hi there...I've been relentlessly searching for a rock guard for my 73 Overlander. I just brought her home last weekend as the previous owners had her at the airport being repaired (broken front rounded window) $300 dollars later! I'm on the westcoast of Canada and the only place I can find on the web is in North Carolina with $200 shipping. Any advise or suggestions? Thanks!
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Hi there...I've been relentlessly searching for a rock guard for my 73 Overlander. I just brought her home last weekend as the previous owners had her at the airport being repaired (broken front rounded window) $300 dollars later! I'm on the westcoast of Canada and the only place I can find on the web is in North Carolina with $200 shipping. Any advise or suggestions? Thanks!
We have the rock guard for your trailer in stock.

PM an exact address with zip code and we can quote freight.

Andy