Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
1968 28' Ambassador
1971 29' Ambassador
Moorhead , Minnesota
Alternative to new front corner skins?

Both of the lower front corner panels on my 71 have been dented. One side is actually punctured. Although I know I have to patch the hole at a minimum, does anyone have any alternatives to actually replacing the panels? I thought I once saw a sort of rock guard that was not for windows, but was for the lower portions of the front end corners. Was I just imagining this or is there such a thing?

jfremstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Those are called segment protectors and are mostly seen on newer units. I have seen tem on older units and they look sharp...

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
1982 34' Limited
1975 31' Sovereign
Grovetown , Georgia
You will still need to fix your problems first. The protectors are there to keep problems from coming from the road not fix any.
"Humans get a lot done,not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." Flash Rosenburg

"Decaffinated coffee is the devil's blend."
GO Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
1968 28' Ambassador
1971 29' Ambassador
Moorhead , Minnesota
Any idea where I might find "segment protectors"?
jfremstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Jackson Center

Originally Posted by jfremstad
Any idea where I might find "segment protectors"?
You can order them from the factory.

BTW, I've got them and they have protected the segments - however they dent and ding too. I've got what looks like BB-gun pockmarks in one, and the other got a ding on a trip I still call "Ms. Toad's wild ride". I was sideswiped by a car that all but missed me - leaving a dished in segment protector and a scratch down the side about 10 inches long. I opened the protector and kneed most of the dishing out. It's barely noticable now. I'm one of those people who didn't buy a work of art, I bought a trailer to USE. I'll keep it nice, not perfect.

I have seen a few people with older units that have sprayed something (like a Rhino lining) on the front of the A/S to protect it. One I saw was black, but now the material comes in colors, so you might be able to get a gray/silver look.

Paula Ford

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote