Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Question Mechanical Sewage System-- Perm or Attached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
We have found that the 'coiled' hoses work very well for use. They keep your hook-ups neat, and they are much easier to store than other hoses.

We always put the pressure reducer directly on the water supply faucet. We then use a valved 'Y' connector to accommodate our Sewer Solution supply hose which does double duty as the supply hose for the sewer flush system. The garden hose quick connects make the system work flawlessly.

Brian
We were wondering if you Permanently attached your sewage stem to your airstream or if you take it apart and reattach it every move/usage???

Thanks...

Thomas

towagaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
I'm a relative newbie so my observations are generally from that perspective, except for the important issue of water supply: you are drinking the stuff so make sure you get/use hose that is made for drinking water. I don't know if the coiled hose is "drinking water safe." It could leach plasticizers, BPA, or other chemicals. My drinking water hose does have stainless fittings (from my local Ace Hdwe) but it is food grade stainless.

I use a Sewer Solutions, got tired of the usual large sewer hose: most brands are corrugated, so the "crap" tends to stick in the corrugations. I suggest a smooth-hose for disposal.

If you stay traditional, before you dump the black tank, do a short flush with grey water: the water and soap will help reduce some of the residue in the hose.

I have always been a user/buyer of quality products so I don't buy critical need products at Wal Mart: my local rv/trailer supply store knows more than everyone at WalMart combined, including their buyers. Make friends with local vendors and it will pay off in the short and long run.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Has anybody tryed this type of water hose........toastie
Attached Images

toastie is offline   Reply With Quote