Old 08-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #57

2007 23' Safari SE
Palmer , Massachusetts
This layout provides great bathing and great sleeping, but that is a minor part of the time we spend in the unit. Our Safari 23' LS has the couch at the front and bed in the rear with the bathroom. This allows us to have a comfortable area where we spend most of our time while in the unit: on the couch reading or watching tv.The bathroom is a little crowded in our layout, but we solved that by removing the bathroom door and putting a decorative curtain in its place.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

Natchitoches , Louisiana
"This layout provides great bathing and great sleeping"..........

Couldn't agree more, which is why we traded for this model. We spend almost zero time in the trailer, except to sleep, shower, and of course sometimes eat.

Going from Natchitoches to Fort Payne Alabama next week; this is a business trip but we might drive over and camp some, spending a night in Mississippi and maybe two or three in northeast Alabama.

First trip for our latest rescue-puppy, a husky/basenji mix. A month ago I had never even heard of a basenji, but apparently I now own a watered down version. Wouldn't mind hearing from other basenji people if any are on the thread.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #59

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We seriously considered going from our 25FB to the 23FB. We would really like to get two feet shorter, and drop 1000#.

There are two differences between the 25FB and the 23FB that we are not exited about. The main one is the single door refrigerator with the small freezer. We really like the big freezer in the 25FB. The other item is the bath all in one room. We have really come to appreciate the shower being separate from the commode and lavatory. This layout works great for us, and we would miss it.

We are not rushing to trade Lucy, but if we did, we would really consider the 23FB.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #60
1 Rivet Member

Albuquerque , New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to wally_winter Send a message via Yahoo to wally_winter
23' Airstream in ABQ

I saw the same Airstream your talking about in ABQ, it's way over priced and the biggest thing I hate about that floor plan is the bathroom, the shower and the toilet are in the same location so you get the toilet and everything else wet when you shower. I've never understood why Airstream can make the 19' model and have a seperate shower but will make a combination with the bigger units, makes no sense and is actually kind of unsanitary.

Wally
Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Well, Wally don't know what Airstream you saw but it certainly wasn't a 23FB Flying Cloud. While it is true that the shower/sink/toilet are all in the same room the shower is completely enclosed and the only way you could get the toilet wet while taking a shower is to open the shower door and hold the shower head outside directed at the toilet. As for the price everything Airstream makes is over priced considering the current quality.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
How does well does the countertop space work out with the 23FB?

Not that we're in any sort of hurry to upgrade (we'd wait to buy used a while down the road), but a 23FB gives us what we want - a free-standing bed, a dinette, and the narrow-body design.

Kinda worried though that the countertop looks small; we're enamored with the 20' Safari SE/Flying Cloud for that (and its smaller bathroom tucked in the corner), but you give up the larger walk-around bed...

Tom
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
First of all the bed is only walkaround in theory - or maybe if you're a midget. Counter top space in the kitchen - the 23FB has none. I don't do any cooking beyond heating stuff in the microwave and there are times when I'd like a bit more counter top space. I had a 2007 20' Safari and it has plenty of counter top space in the kitchen - although if you don't get the built in microwave and need one that will take up a lot of the space. It also has far more storage space in both the kitchen and the bathroom than you'll find in the 23FB. I went to the 23FB for 2 reasons - dual axles and more wardrobe space.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Al-K4GLU, we like the layout of our 20' Safari very much. Very livable small trailer. What is your towing experience with the change to 23' dual axles, compared to your previous trailer?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
23fb

Nice layout .Now have a 20Ft. and Really like it. Kitchen is awsome.Bathroom has lots of room/Sep.shower.Good storeage.
We have looked @ 23 and think the kitchen size might be too small.Could not walk around Bed as overhead front cabinets seem to get in way.Dinette would be ok for 2.
We plan to look again this wknd @ Chicago RV/Boat Show. Love 25 but trying to stay smaller. So many Airstream not enough money.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
I am with Moose on this one. The one thing that made us move to a 25' was the small refrigerator on the 23'. I still don't understand how Airstream will not put a two door fridge in anything under 25'. I had a smaller SOB and we fell in love with the fridge. Pay three times the price for an Airstream and you get only half a refrigerator.

I know, this is just my opinion but........
Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
I was in lust with a 70's two axle California kept 23-footer and declined to be aggressive bidding, lost it and then bought the wrong trailer, err, bought my '73 27'... That is now the top line on my win the lottery dream list! Thanks for posting the alert & the just-bought notice, will be looking forward to reading more!

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Don't notice much difference between towing the 20 and the 23. The first few times I backed the 23 it didn't seem to be responding quite as quick as the 20 did when I turned the steering wheel but after 6 months its hard to remember the difference - and besides I might have been a bit timid the first few times I backed the 23 and imagined the whole thing. If you're interested in things like fuel mileage you'll have to ask someone else as that is something I pay no attention to.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
No A1-K4GLU, I don't pay much attention to fuel mileage either. Too many variables. But I have read so much suggesting a dual axle trailer tows much better than a single axle, I wanted to hear from someone who actually has towed both Airstreams of similar size with the same tow vehicle. Our 20' Safari single axle tows nicely as well, so I think we can cross that notion off our tiny list of reasons to move to a larger trailer.