Old 07-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Currently Looking...
stanfordville , New York
leak from rear window

i drove for hours to reach Cape Britton in torrential rain...when i came in the camper i noticed part of my bed was wet,my books etc,,,,rain had gotten in trough the weep holes????i guess the glass protecting the window is not tight enough....i must say though,it was unusually heavy ,relentless rain,plugged the wholes with tape...more rain tomorrow...will see if it works

la nomade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
I had a similar problem - when it was raining the water would drip off of the top of the rear window frame. Since the rear panel is slanted, the water would drip on the edge of the bed. The drain holes should only let water out, and probably have a little baffle over them to ensure nothing enters. You may need a new perimeter gasket around the window contact area - when I opened the rear escape window to inspect the area, I found a small gap at one corner that was letting the water in.

Water is not your friend.